What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which teams will help us out this week??

Eddie.

Bench
Well i know who i will be shouting for this weekend

Sharks v Eels
Cowboys v Souths
Raiders v Storm
Manly v Knights

Out of those 4 i think the Storm are the best bet although i wouldnt be at all surprised ( nor unhappy) if Manly bounced back at home this weekend. Sharks will proably do over the eels in a low scoring struggle, they have been pretty resiliant over the last few weeks. Cowboys will beat Souths, but we can pray for a miricle, cowboys sometimers get stagefright at home.

So after this weekend i reckon

7. Cowboys 25
8. Tigers 24
---------------------
9. Sharks 24
10. Knights 22
11. Raiders 22

TigerMo

Juniors
IMO, the Storm will win, and manly will definatley put a good performance and have a huge chance of winning. They will be fired up and would not want to lose 2 thumpings on the trot. Also, trying to avoid the wooden spoon.

The Sharks V Eels will be a flip of the coin. Who ever turns up to play will win.

I don't think Souths can beat the Cowboys though :( , but i won't be giving up on them!

Jux

Juniors
Good post Eddie, I was wondering the same thing.

I was hoping for a Manly turnaround, but geez, how much difference can a fullback make ??

TigerMo

Juniors
Jux said:
Good post Eddie, I was wondering the same thing.

I was hoping for a Manly turnaround, but geez, how much difference can a fullback make ??

Well... They were forced to watch the video of the game the following morning at 8am, and surely they must of picked up all the errors and worked on them very hard at training during the week? Oh and the Knights aint no Penrith, Knights are woeful!

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Cowboys and Souths had a draw earlier this year, so you never know....

All underdogs can win IMO. But I have no idea who will win the Raiders vs Storm game, Storm suck a#se away from home and the Raiders are a bit more competitive...

All will mean diddily squat if the Tigers don't beat the Broncos....

Wrighty79

Juniors
All will mean diddily squat if the Tigers don't beat the Broncos....

We can still afford to lose this one. Even though I think we'll win it.

Swampdonkey

Juniors
I know we can mathematically still make it if we lose to the Broncos, but must win games against both the Cowboys and Knights when they both must win as well does not inspire a great deal of confidence, regardless of how well the boys played last weekend.

Broncos won't really be playing for much, especially if they lose to the Dogs this weekend. I agree the Tigers will go close against them, but they are gonna have to deal with a hell of a lot more pressure if they don't beat them, which I feel a young inexperienced finals footy side like the Tigers may well succumb to in particular against Newcastle.

HOT028

Juniors
the tigers have to much to play for and will win by 16 against the broncos, i just hope they only play with 13 this time.

Gus22

Juniors
I just wish I could fast forward to 4 weeks time.
I can't take much more of cheering for Manly.
God, I feel dirty just thinking about it.

innsaneink

Referee
Gus22 said:
I just wish I could fast forward to 4 weeks time.
I can't take much more of cheering for Manly.
God, I feel dirty just thinking about it.

I just sorta do it silently,....nice and quiet like....while also now I can cheer on the rabbits (albeit quietly)....hope they get at least one win and manly are kept winless and the pick up the spoon......would make for a more pleasant household here come round 26.

bonstonker

Juniors
i think the eels can cause an upset,and the rest will go against us.

as for the broncos game,i just hope we don't blow our f/a.

a loss by only 1-10 and i'll still be happy.
well that's how i'd take it to ease the pain of a loss.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah for me the Storm Should win, they play well against sides like canberra and are in a must win situation i feel.

The Bunnies i think are a smokey this round. They've dropped a couple of players this week and last week will dissapoint them greatly, call me silly but i can smell an upset here.

Like above , Manly will be hurting after last week, and back a brookie they may be a chance, The Knights may've won last week but were ordinary, this could go either way.

The eels and sharks is the toughie for the round. The Eels cant play any worse than they did last week and Dykes will add some direction. The Sharks get Kimmorley back though and for me that enough for the win.

Wrighty79

Juniors
We will make the 8 no matteer what happens this week, or next week.

It's the last 2 weeks where we have to worry.

TigerMo

Juniors
People are taking this Broncos game very, very lightly. This game is basically a ticket to the semi-finals. If we win this game we are basically guarranteed to make the top 8.

People say, we can afford to drop this weeks game, but simply.. We can't! If we lose against the Broncos, it's do or die and we MUST win 2/2 in the following 2 weeks against other teams desperate to make the top 8. And this is very difficult and risky.

We must win the game against the broncos at all costs, it's far too risky to leave it to the last two games!

steven_tiger

Juniors
i disagree guys. IF we dont win, though, we must only lose by a small margin, ensuring our f/a is still better.

a win would be great though.

innsaneink

Referee
The Broncos will be pumped big time for the Bulldogs clash.....win or lose there for them, (I hope they have a tough , hard game)....it may be hard for them to maintain intensity after a week of anticipating the dogs.....Look at us after the Dogs...played like crap and luckily it was only Parra....a decent team we woulda done it tough there.
We are a BIG show against the broncos! Especially after last year.

Gus22

Juniors
Broncos have struggled in beating Manly, Cronulla, & NZ in the past weeks. Their form shouldn't have us shaking in our boots. Given their patchy form, their home record not being particularly great, & the fact they will be backing up after playing the comp leaders, I think we have a very good chance of winning. I'm actually more concerned about the Cowboys. Their BIG forwards could really worry us.