What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who deserves to win a premiership before they retire more than anybody else?

Which player deserves to win their first premiership more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juro

Bench
Answering my own question, Royce Simmons won his first premiership in his 235th (and last) first grade match.

Hornby also beat O'Neill, playing 226 games before winning his first premiership.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
A fullback who makes 5 tackles a game should never be compared to a workhorse like Hindmarsh, in terms of longevity.

I tend to agree with that sentiment, but not when your talking about a 80kg wringing wet Murri from Hopevale.

The fact that he has even made the NRL is amazing let along 200+ games

juro

Bench
One name which could have been added to the poll was Luke Burt (244 games for Parra) but I guess he is always in Hindmarsh's shadow.

Hutty1986

Immortal
One name which could have been added to the poll was Luke Burt (244 games for Parra) but I guess he is always in Hindmarsh's shadow.

Would be pretty well deserved for Burty too, he's a real professional, no-frills kinda guy

gronkathon

First Grade
Gallen.

I would say Hindmarsh but only with the caveat that Burt does not play and win the premiership.

Cliffhanger

Coach
i would like to see either Nathan Hindmarsh or Paul Gallen win one before they retire, and and nfor a team i would like to see souths win one soon......just to stick it up the Circle jerkers society

So the only reason you want your team to win a premiership is to stick it up to their critics. :?

Cameron Smith would be my first choice, yeah does some shitty things, but he is the best player in the competition.

Nathan Hindmarsh annoys me, I wouldn't mind see him end his career with a wooden spoon to be honest. Nathan Merritt is a winger and even the best wingers are totally dispensable so I wouldn't say he deserves one. Matty Bowen spent too many seasons being useless. If Smith gets one Slater will. I like Luke Baily, he's a quality player and people don't have a wank over him which makes me like him more, so I wouldn't mind seeing him win one. Happy for Kurt Gidley to win one, he always gets the bumwrap for being shit but he's still reliable and a hard worker.

ethan tremblay

Juniors
So the only reason you want your team to win a premiership is to stick it up to their critics. :?

Cameron Smith would be my first choice, yeah does some shitty things, but he is the best player in the competition.

Nathan Hindmarsh annoys me, I wouldn't mind see him end his career with a wooden spoon to be honest. Nathan Merritt is a winger and even the best wingers are totally dispensable so I wouldn't say he deserves one. Matty Bowen spent too many seasons being useless. If Smith gets one Slater will. I like Luke Baily, he's a quality player and people don't have a wank over him which makes me like him more, so I wouldn't mind seeing him win one. Happy for Kurt Gidley to win one, he always gets the bumwrap for being shit but he's still reliable and a hard worker.

what a douche you are!

Silent Knight

First Grade
i would like to see either Nathan Hindmarsh or Paul Gallen win one before they retire, and for a team i would like to see souths win one soon......just to stick it up the Circle jerkers society

What is this Circle Jerkers Society of which you speak? I'm pretty sure you pushed for my membership in the Inane Dribblers Society during your misguided attempt to stop the LOL@50uff$ movement a few months back. Perhaps this new one is an upgrade. Kind of like moving up from the Stonecutters to the No Homer Club. I'm intrigued. Please send me a membership application form.

Hutty1986

Immortal
What is this Circle Jerkers Society of which you speak? I'm pretty sure you pushed for my membership in the Inane Dribblers Society during your misguided attempt to stop the LOL@50uff$ movement a few months back. Perhaps this new one is an upgrade. Kind of like moving up from the Stonecutters to the No Homer Club. I'm intrigued. Please send me a membership application form.

shhh. shuuuut uppppp!

Certainly not. This thread is about high profile players nearing the end of long careers, who have not won a premiership. How is that taking the piss?

I hope you have a piece of rubber between your teeth to prevent you chewing your tongue off whenever anyone mentions Hindmarsh :lol:

Ryles ruins any side he plays in by being the NRL's resident expert at giving away stupid penalties.

Bird would not be in most people's popularity list.

Carney deserves a premiership just as much as Ivan Milat deserves a full pardon and a gun licence.

Corey Payne and Beau Ryan - I could have listed them, except the poll option does not allow me to list every gimp in the NRL.

This is late but I have to take you to task for that one Loudy.

Corey Payne is no gimp, he belted that soft tart Te'o so he has my undying admiration....

As for the topic, Hindy first, Bull next.

Easts R #1

Juniors

And there you have it!

nope....i support Manly