What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who deserves to win a premiership before they retire more than anybody else?

Which player deserves to win their first premiership more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canard

Immortal
With the time Bowen spent on the sidelines he's lucky the Cowboys kept him, Gallen and Hindmarsh have played far better at all levels for a longer period.

Bowen has played 225 NRL games since debuting in 2001, Hindy 307 since debuting in 1998.

Say those extra three seasons that Hindy played were 22 game seasons, that 66 or so difference isn't that much between the two blokes. (Thats also taking into account both may not have played many games in there first year or so)

Bowen has been injured at times, but he certainly isn't a Sonny Bill Skinny Union Winger when it comes to injuries.

Anyone who has played 200+ NRL games has had a fair career.

gypsy

Bench
Bowen has played 225 NRL games since debuting in 2001, Hindy 307 since debuting in 1998.

Say those extra three seasons that Hindy played were 22 game seasons, that 66 or so difference isn't that much between the two blokes. (Thats also taking into account both may not have played many games in there first year or so)

Bowen has been injured at times, but he certainly isn't a Sonny Bill Skinny Union Winger when it comes to injuries.

Anyone who has played 200+ NRL games has had a fair career.

A fullback who makes 5 tackles a game should never be compared to a workhorse like Hindmarsh, in terms of longevity.

firechild

First Grade
Hindy and Gallen for mine but I would love to see both finish their careers without a premiership since they are both going to be staying at their respective clubs for the remainder of their careers and I would hate to see the Sharks or Eels change their fortunes in the foreseeable future.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think skeepe is the only bloke who hates hindy, i never used to like him, but ever since he gave me the bird for heckling him about Ian being better than himV (surely he must have know i was taking the piss) a few years ago when they were warning up in the ingoal, ive come to appreciate him

Zigwaa

Bench
Luke Stuart should have but that's too late now.

Merritt, Hindmarsh or Gallen.

Did Ruben Wiki get one at Canberra?

carcharias

Immortal
Been plenty who should have got one but didn't...ET and Wayne Pearce stand out.

Also been plenty who didn't deserve one, but got one.

Tommax25

Bench
I think Hindmarsh missed his chance in '09 when the Storm cheated their way to victory. In saying that, they did only finish 8th so its not like it was a cert if they Storm hadn't cheated. I also nominated Gallen and Bowen. I would say Slater and Smith deserve it on ability grounds but they extra money they got paid all those years is good enough for them, so others are more deserving.

Didgi

The only reason anyone hates Hindy is because of the ceaseless hero-worship from some fans.

juro

Bench
It would be great to see Hindmarsh or Gallen sent off with a premiership. Personally i think it would be incredible to see the sharks win their maiden premership as well as seeing Gallen get rewarded for all his hard work (i'd take a SOO win if that's not possible though:lol:).

Then again obviously i'm not going to complain if Slater or Smith get themselves a ring;-).
You want to see Gallen sent off? What are the chances of that??? :lol:

juro

Bench
This thread has got me wondering. Who would have played the most first grade games with the one club before winning their first premiership?

I remember Mark O'Neill won with the tigers in his final game in 2005 (treating Balmain Tigers and Wests Tigers as effectively the one club).

Looking at the stats, that was his 223rd game, and his first finals series after 12 seasons. Can anyone top that?

Latest posts