What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do you want as coach?

Which old boy do you prefer to be the next head coach?

• Total voters

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Lee played FB for us in 97 and 98, the very last St George fullback..... man they were some very dark dank days.....I was pretty rapt to get Patten in there he was amazing just left FAR too early, was only with us 2 seasons then the dogs pounced sadly

Patten was punted tip reserve grade towards the end of 2000. He lost favour to Amos Roberts. I’ll always remember Patten appearing at a Dragons post season “meet the players” shindig at the SFS because he turned up head-to-toe in blue and white, whereas his team mates were all wearing regulation SGI clobber.

It left a sour taste to everyone who saw it.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Thanks just my opinion Jimmy I am entitled to one.you don't have to agree....

Sure, I appreciate you’re entitled to your opinion, but surely you’re aware that Potter was punted as a first grade coach years ago?

No club rushed over itself to sign him up either.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
A winner ! One who can take a group of players and weld them into a solid unit , fill them with inspiration and self belief and when beaten , pick them up again and set them on the right path .

ALSGI

Bench
Tony Smith is now a Pommy citizen and has indicated he has no wish to return here.

ALSGI

Bench
I get the impression you don't like him.
Didn’t like him as a player, only got his chances with big brother coaching us but I think he’s learnt his trade as a coach and would definately give him a go. I’d be rapped with us signing him. He’s a succesful coach.

But he is a pommy citizen, and has said his home is now over there.

Latest posts