What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has the best 1,6,7,9?

Fiji~Bati

Juniors
Id have say the Panthers and Rabbitohs have the best 1,6,7,9
Panthers
1. Lachlan Coote
6. Wade Graham
7. Jarrod Sammut
9. Paul Aiton

Rabbitohs
1. Rhys Wesser
6. Craig Wing
7. Chris Sandow
9. Isaac Luke

How so? Lawrence untested at #6. Marshall unproven at #7. Simply wanting to believe isn't enough. Besides, the Cronkster says he's in the Halves as per for 09. He said the same thing prior to the 08 season, and he was vindicated by events. Such as they were.

Personally I'm hoping Sheens leaves Lawrence in the centres and Benji at 5/8, and tries Dunley at halfback. Both have shown they can be fantastic players, and skill won't disappear because the number on your jersey changes (they are pretty much irrelevant these days)

Joker's Wild

Coach
Thurston instigated the winning try that won Queensland Origin 08,better?(I should add after losing the halfback of the team and under copious amounts of pressure but whatever).
And Thurston is a halfback,not 17 players and a coach - The fact that the Cows came 15th was due to all of the team and coaching staff.

Lockyer isn't the best in the game,the guy had a huge knee operation he's not even close to his best...Slater is someone that's the best player at the moment.

So when the team he plays in wins its all due to him but if they lose its the combined effort of the 17? Come on Shorts, make your mind up.

Shorty

Staff member
Considering I ellaborated in my post that he instigated the winning try...I'd say you're seeing things.
Nice try at creating an argument.

mxlegend99

Referee
The Panthers one is too inexperienced and unproven as of yet.
Yep. That exact same combination with a full season of NRL experience and playing together at that level should be incredible (2010 will be a great year for the Panthers. No Matt Elliott + all of these guys with plenty of experience).

Hopefully they play more good games then bad in 2009 though. If they can scrape us into the top 8 it's a great effort IMO.

Liam

Juniors
1. Gidley
6. Mullen
7. Dureau
9. De Gois
Will go alright. Best by far is:
1. Slater
6. Taumata
7. Cronk
9. Smith

rupertpupkin

Juniors
Personally I'm hoping Sheens leaves Lawrence in the centres and Benji at 5/8, and tries Dunley at halfback.

Agreed. There are a number of possibilities for the Halves in 09. Whether this pans out, or is even seriously tried will remain to be seen.

...Both have shown they can be fantastic players, and skill won't disappear because the number on your jersey changes (they are pretty much irrelevant these days)

But being a "fantastic player" and having "skill" does not automatically translate into "Halfback" or "5/8". The number may not make someone a Halfback, or 5/8. But they have to actually have the ability. Separate from mere general skill.

I don't rate Thurston at all, useless halfback and fairly good 5/8. Lockyer is a better fullback than 5/8. Best players Imo are Prince, Slater, Smith and Farah.

Loudstrat

Coach
Nope, best by far is Broncos. cutie, Heather,Wallace - there's your best 1 6 7, closely followed by Manly. Inglis ruins the Storms spine - yes, clive churchil blah blah blah - he's a centre or fullkback, not a pivot. Taumata - who the f**k?. Brisbane and Manly aside - none so far listed really grab me.

Without bothering to research club lists - i'm lazy - I think a few clubs outstanding potential spines. Club fans can fill in the blanks.

Titans:
1 Campbell
6 Rogers
7 Prince.
Plenty of speed and skill.

Cowpats
1 Bowen
7 Thurston
2 seasons ago that combo almost won a premiership.

Dragons
1 Hornby
6 Soward
7 Head
9 Hughes
Dunno if that will be their spine, but it's got skill and mongrel all over it.

And I'm a fan of this one:
1 Hayne
6 Mateo
7 Finch
9 Keating
With Burt and Keting Mk 2 to fill in.

EvolutionUber

Juniors
I don't rate Thurston at all, useless halfback and fairly good 5/8. Lockyer is a better fullback than 5/8. Best players Imo are Prince, Slater, Smith and Farah.

You don't rate a 2 time dally m medalist, grand final winner, a guy who has 3/4 origin series wins and a guy who has an extremely good winning ratio with Australia? Wow. What does it take then?

Nope, best by far is Broncos. cutie, Heather,Wallace - there's your best 1 6 7, closely followed by Manly. Inglis ruins the Storms spine - yes, clive churchil blah blah blah - he's a centre or fullkback, not a pivot. Taumata - who the f**k?. Brisbane and Manly aside - none so far listed really grab me.

Without bothering to research club lists - i'm lazy - I think a few clubs outstanding potential spines. Club fans can fill in the blanks.

Titans:
1 Campbell
6 Rogers
7 Prince.

Cowpats
1 Bowen
7 Thurston

Dragons
1 Hornby
6 Soward
7 Head
9 Hughes

1 Hayne
6 Mateo
7 Finch
9 Keating
Corey Hughes signed with Cronulla not St George. Our hookers will be Luke Priddis and Dean Young

Moffo

Referee

Titans:
1 Campbell
6 Rogers
7 Prince.

Cowpats
1 Bowen
7 Thurston

Dragons
1 Hornby
6 Soward
7 Head
9 Hughes

1 Hayne
6 Mateo
7 Finch
9 Keating

rogers is a washed up injury prone hack

Shorty

Staff member
I adjusted your post for accuracy.

Not trying to create an arguement, just highlighting a clash in points. :D
Oh you adjusted my post?:? Um...you realise that..is kinda' against the rules....lol idiot.
Grasping at straws.

Last edited:

Noa

First Grade

Lol, hands up who wants a ruined spine.

Inglis wasnt outside the best 3-4 5/8's in the game during his time there and when you combine that with the other 3 there's no way the Storms outside the top 2.

But then again you did say the Eels look pretty good :lol:.

roughyedspud

Coach
have you seen leeds rhino's 1,6,7,9 for this season

1. brent webb
6. danny mcguire
7. rob burrow
9. danny buderus

that ain't bad :lol: