What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has the best 1,6,7,9?

Moffo

Referee
Name one player who has a bigger impact on his sides performance than Lockyer. There is no doubt that he is in a very select few that you could say are the "best player in the game".

Thurston, Prince, Slater etc

impact doesn't = best player in the game. i respect what he has done in the game but there is no way he is still the best player going around

Kazaf

Juniors
At one stage, the Knights ad an exciting 1 6 7 and 9

1. Thaiday
6. Mullen
7. Johns
9. Bederus

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
Thurston, Prince, Slater etc

impact doesn't = best player in the game. i respect what he has done in the game but there is no way he is still the best player going around
Thurston - The guy who couldn't even get his team off equal last on the ladder? Thurston had a pretty poor season by any means, yet he's still the best in the game?

Prince - Damn talented player, no doubt about it. But does he have the sustained career success that Lockyer has had?

Slater - Great player, but this year has been his first year that he's truly made his mark and could claim to be the best player in the game.

You're not proving your point very well. Impact on your own side has everything to do whether you can lay claim to be one of the best players in the game. Lockyer has that impact at every level of the game. You don't see Lockyer choking like Thurston did in origin 1 this year.

Moffo

Referee
lockyers debut for oz was one massive choke. geez people have short memories

No one has mentioned the Raiders....seems like a thread where you name your own team. Feel sorry for them as they are getting no love.

I'll do it then.

1. Dugan (best player in the Toyota Cup)
6. Campese (best 5/8 in the world right now)
7. Herbert (a pretty f*ckin cool guy with long hair)
9. Buttriss (Just a F*ckin awesome player in general)

Slater - Great player, but this year has been his first year that he's truly made his mark and could claim to be the best player in the game.

Other than a few idiotic things which got him suspended, Slater has made his mark for a few years now. It's just taken people too long to put him up there.

rupertpupkin

Juniors
we're still looking half decent in this department I guess
1. Lazarus
6. Lawrence
7. Marshall
9. Farah

How so? Lawrence untested at #6. Marshall unproven at #7. Simply wanting to believe isn't enough. Besides, the Cronkster says he's in the Halves as per for 09. He said the same thing prior to the 08 season, and he was vindicated by events. Such as they were.

Last edited:

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
Other than a few idiotic things which got him suspended, Slater has made his mark for a few years now. It's just taken people too long to put him up there.
Slater has been right up there for the last few years, but it's only really this year that anyone could argue that he's the best player in the game. He's been certainly in the top 10-20 for the last 3 or 4 years.

Anyone who tries to argue that Lockyer is not right up there is a deadset moron.

Anyone who tries to argue that Lockyer is not right up there is a deadset moron.

Moffo didn't. He just said he wasn't the best player going around.

Which is true. There isn't anyone in our game that is 'the best'. Some players find new levels some day, and it's too tricky and inconsistent to label someone 'the best in the world'.

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
he ain't the best in the game though, as per my previous point
But thurston is? When he barely did anything in 08.

There are about 10 or so guys in the game that you could argue are the best in the game... Lockyer would be in that list.

Not quite sure what criteria is needed to make the list if he doesn't make it in your eyes when he has over 60 rep matches to his name, 3 premierships and numerous player awards over the years.

Last edited:

Moffo

Referee
But thurston is? When he barely did anything in 08.

There are about 10 or so guys in the game that you could argue are the best in the game... Lockyer would be in that list.

look mr bravo, all i did was laugh at your claim that lockyer is the best player in RL at the moment

lockyer is not up to the pace of the younger guys. experienced head, yeh sure, but not outstandingly brilliant like some of the other guys going around at the moment

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
look mr bravo, all i did was laugh at your claim that lockyer is the best player in RL at the moment

lockyer is not up to the pace of the younger guys. experienced head, yeh sure, but not outstandingly brilliant like some of the other guys going around at the moment
Actually you laughed at someone elses claim.

I just tend to agree that he is certainly one of the best players in the game. In terms of achievements, he most definitely is the best player currently still in the game. In terms of skill today, very few even come close.

In your opinion, who is a better 5/8 than Lockyer?

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
Thurston instigated the winning try that won Queensland Origin 08,better?(I should add after losing the halfback of the team and under copious amounts of pressure but whatever).
And Thurston is a halfback,not 17 players and a coach - The fact that the Cows came 15th was due to all of the team and coaching staff.

Lockyer isn't the best in the game,the guy had a huge knee operation he's not even close to his best...Slater is someone that's the best player at the moment.

Last edited: