What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has the best 1,6,7,9?

Loudstrat

Coach
I adjusted your post for accuracy.

Not trying to create an arguement, just highlighting a clash in points. :D

LOL. El Duque issued an official warning within 10 minutes of doing a similar post a few weeks back. Waiting for his actions to dispel any hint of hipocracy.

Lol, hands up who wants a ruined spine.

Inglis wasnt outside the best 3-4 5/8's in the game during his time there and when you combine that with the other 3 there's no way the Storms outside the top 2.

But then again you did say the Eels look pretty good :lol:.
Yeah? They reckoned Greg Bird was a better pivot in a rep jumper.

Wasn't the Slater-Inglis-Cronk combo responsible for the biggest ever GF loss?

Noa

First Grade
LOL. El Duque issued an official warning within 10 minutes of doing a similar post a few weeks back. Waiting for his actions to dispel any hint of hipocracy.

Yeah? They reckoned Greg Bird was a better pivot in a rep jumper.

Wasn't the Slater-Inglis-Cronk combo responsible for the biggest ever GF loss?

Sure did. But those things happen, but I reckon if you offerd those 4 up for a direct swap youd probably have every other team lining up to do it.

Mind you I think the importance of the 1-6-7-9 now is very overstated. Give me great players at the 3-7-8-10 with a solid 1-6-9 then a 1-6-7-9 with a solid 3-8-10 any day of the week.

If that makes sence :?.

nqcowboy87

Bench
id have to say dragons look good
hornby
soward
head
priddis

but ill say also(biased)
bowen
rovelli
thurston
payne

Chachi

Bench
No one has mentioned the Raiders....seems like a thread where you name your own team. Feel sorry for them as they are getting no love.
We're going for the best 14,15,16,17 combo.

Best forward depth in the comp...our bench will kick arse! ;-):cool:

nqcowboy87

Bench
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saab
No one has mentioned the Raiders....seems like a thread where you name your own team. Feel sorry for them as they are getting no love.

We're going for the best 14,15,16,17 combo.

Best forward depth in the comp...our bench will kick arse! ;-):cool:

i rember back in 04 the bulldogs bench was rated very highly

The Informer

Juniors
lockyers debut for oz was one massive choke. geez people have short memories

Geez you dribble some crap.

Yes his first game for Australia was very poor, in 1998. He has since rep'd his country for 10 yrs, captained his country, been by far one of the best players we have seen at Origin and National level through that same period, led his team to premierships, picked up a Golden Boot award and numerous DM and alike awards, and will be remembered as one of the better players (if not greats) for this era.

And we should remember that his first national rep game was a shocker, we have short memories. You should sharpen your memory for what a quality player he is, and has been, year in year out at the very top of the game, for 10 yrs.

Goose.

Moffo

Referee
Geez you dribble some crap.

Yes his first game for Australia was very poor, in 1998. He has since rep'd his country for 10 yrs, captained his country, been by far one of the best players we have seen at Origin and National level through that same period, led his team to premierships, picked up a Golden Boot award and numerous DM and alike awards, and will be remembered as one of the better players (if not greats) for this era.

And we should remember that his first national rep game was a shocker, we have short memories. You should sharpen your memory for what a quality player he is, and has been, year in year out at the very top of the game, for 10 yrs.

Goose.

where have i said he wasn't a quality player? you are the f**king goose. all im saying is that he isn't the best in the world

learn to read genius

reptar

Juniors
I wouldn't say we have a stand out 1, 7 or 9. Milne will be challenged by Dugan this year, Herbert is still establishing himself and there will be an interesting battle between Flanagan and Buttris for the 9 jersey. Campese, well, I hope he has as a good a year this year as he did last!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
where have i said he wasn't a quality player? you are the f**king goose. all im saying is that he isn't the best in the world

learn to read genius

You still haven't pointed out how your comment about one bad game as a rookie is relevant to anything.

It's like saying Manu Vatuvei isn't the best winger in the NRL at the moment because he had that infamous shocker against Paramatta in 2007.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Oh you adjusted my post?:? Um...you realise that..is kinda' against the rules....lol idiot.
Grasping at straws.

:shock: Quick, someone call the forum cops

Lighten up Shorts. Your point was hypocritical, I pointed it out, you got upset, I made a joke, you chucked a tanny and called me names. Im the one grasping at straws? :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
I'd just like to know our 1-6-7-9-

looks like Marshall/Moris 7 and Farah 9 but the others are up in the air

aqua_duck

Coach
Like giving the keys to your Ferrari to the 16 year old kid across the road..
I think Taumata will thrive at the storm. With a disciplined coach in Belly ache, and playing behind a decent pack. I think he's a natural ball running 5/8th and will suit the storm well, it allows Inglis to play in the centres and he won't need to organise because that's Cronk's job. He will also get more room because everyone knows how good slater is at chiming into the play

Shorty

Staff member
:shock: Quick, someone call the forum cops

Lighten up Shorts. Your point was hypocritical, I pointed it out, you got upset, I made a joke, you chucked a tanny and called me names. Im the one grasping at straws? :lol:
Um no it wasn't hypocritical...a tanny eh?
You try so hard to get a reaction of sorts,you must be a middle child at home with no time spent with you.
Fail:roll:

Latest posts