What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has the better forward pack?

Who has the better forward pack?

• Total voters

Raider Azz

Bench
Souths pack has a couple of "ifs" that will determine how good it is.

Asotasi and Crocker are those "ifs". IF they play well and "if" they have no injuries alongside Burgess, Lowe and Stuart and Luke it starts to look good for Souths. The other "if" is if Dave Taylor becomes a consistent performer.

As for Canberra I like there fowards a lot. I like the way they actually hunt as a pack as well.

But I have to laugh at this thread as will some raiders fans i am sure. But for 5 of the last 7 seasons i reckon the only poll Canberra won was the "Who will spoon this year"
and how many spoons did the raiders actually win?

now, how many did the ROOSTERS win?

BunniesMan

Immortal
No sh*t, just pointing it out for Bunniestard in case he missed it. It is Saturday night he will be out smoking blokes & chugging down a few cruisers.
1 out of 3 aint bad.

Dave Taylor is a good player.
I don't smoke blokes.

But you are right on the cruisers thing. Downed 8 pineapple cruisers. Was yum.
Here's a challenge for you: since the 2008 world cup, find me a test match that a fully fit Bronson Harrison has not played in.

I won't embarrass you further by mentioning the fact that he's played more like 12 or 13 test matches... Oops.
Wikipedia says 7. Wikipedia knows more than skeepe.

skeepe

Immortal

Wikipedia says 7. Wikipedia knows more than skeepe.

Wikipedia also says "as of 7 April 2010"

Wikipedia and skeepe think BunniesMan is an idiot.

By the way, I notice you never took up the challenge, so I'm assuming that that is your concession that you were wrong about Harrison not being a Kiwi regular.

By the by, Harrison has been a starter in a World Cup final win and a Four Nations final win. Which international tournaments has Lowe won?

As a Raider's fan im going to say the Sharkies have the best pack. Closely followed by the Raiders. I think Souths have the 3rd best pack but their backline and halves are dreadful... Wooden spooners :p

macnaz

Staff member
Souths:

-Asotasi - Has shown nothing in 3 yrs at souffs
-Taylor - Sits in the centres and runs at half backs, not feared in the forwards
-Burgess - Only real threat in souffs pack
-Crocker - always injured, penalties galour, older than the hills
-Ross - Has 1 game in 3 yrs, will be lucky to stay in FG
-Geddes - haha are you serious
-Pettybourne - Runs hard, tackles hard, hands like feet, somewhat injury prone

Canberra by a mile in the poll.
Spot on... Soufs i bet are the most expensive pack tho :crazy:.
Comp buying wankers.

kavaholic

Juniors
How does everyone rate the Tigers pack?

Not going to go on and say that we have an amazing pack but on their day, they're as good as anyone. Heighington and Ellis are consistently good, Payten seems to have cut the crap, Fulton goes alright and this year I think we could see the emergence of Galloway. Also not to mention prospects such as Fifita, Dwyer, Murdoch-Masila and co. coming through the ranks, the future looks bright.

Raider_69

Post Whore
the tigers back row and hooker are up there with the very best in the game imo
their front row is average at best, galloway had a good year last year but he's an above average NRL front rower, not rep standard imo but a very good NRL front rower, the rest of their front row is ordinary
the young kid they debut last year has talent though.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
How does everyone rate the Tigers pack?

Not going to go on and say that we have an amazing pack but on their day, they're as good as anyone. Heighington and Ellis are consistently good, Payten seems to have cut the crap, Fulton goes alright and this year I think we could see the emergence of Galloway. Also not to mention prospects such as Fifita, Dwyer, Murdoch-Masila and co. coming through the ranks, the future looks bright.
Great hooker, impressive backrow with Ellis, Heighington, Fulton and Dwyer.

Front rowers are the Tigers biggest issue, they seem to lack metre makers and aggression - Todd Payton is big enough but tends to run sideways or think he's a halfback. Galloway is willing but doesn't have the frame to break or even push back the defence. Gibbs was outstanding for the last 10 weeks of the year and was one of the reasons that they went deep into the finals. His problem is consistency and the belief that a tough guy is the one that starts trouble. Real tough guys finish trouble.
Fifita could be anything and the solution to their front row. But he needs to time his runs better and charge onto the ball rather than hit it up from a standing start. That might work at junior level but not against the big boys.

If the tigers front row fires up they can win the premiership this year.

Dragon

Coach
Canberra pack best in comp imo. Shillington is my favourite front rower, tough as nails on the field but really a gentle giant and has a brain

skeepe

Immortal
Typical BunniesMan. Run away from an argument when you've clearly been shown up to be an idiot.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Typical BunniesMan. Run away from an argument when you've clearly been shown up to be an idiot.
I don't run away from nothing. I'm a busy man sometimes.

Souths will do our talking on the field, our forward pack will demolish every other forward pack and we will prove ourselves.

InThatNumber

Juniors
Souths will do our talking on the field, our forward pack will demolish every other forward pack and we will prove ourselves.

For a fan wanting his team to do the talking on the field, you do a lot of talking off it. Why don't you just let them get on with it without saddling them with your unrealistic expectations and assertions?

Realistically if Souths can get their act together defensively, play to their strengths and tough it out in tight games, they are a chance. But that goes for everyone else. Including the reigning premiers St George Illawarra.

You should really learn to qualify your statements with "I hope" like a normal fan would.

skeepe

Immortal
I don't run away from nothing. I'm a busy man sometimes.

If you're not running away, where's your answer?

I asked you several questions regarding your idiotic statement that Bronson Harrison is not a Kiwi regular, you have yet to provide anything to back up this dumb assertion.

If you do not answer again, I will have to assume you are running away because you've been shown up yet again.

In case you missed them,

1. Do you admit that you failed to notice that the Wikipedia count for test matches is "as of 7 April 2010" and therefore made your entire assumption wildly inaccurate?
2. Here's a challenge for you: since the 2008 world cup, find me a test match that a fully fit Bronson Harrison has not played in.
3. Harrison has been a starter in a World Cup final win and a Four Nations final win. Which international tournaments has Lowe won?

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

souffs last night:

mute.gif

BunniesMan

Immortal
souffs last night:

mute.gif
I meant we'll do our talking in games that actually count.

I find it hilarious that because we lost the haters are predicting our impending doom but if we won they would have said it's meaningless.
Keep running BunniesMan. Your continual avoidance of the question is rather amusing.
Huh? What avoidance? BunniesMan avoids NOTHING. BunniesMan is a tough strong alphamale, he does not run away from any fights.