What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the Hardest Hitter in the NRL?

SilverSteeler

Juniors
Seeing Matt Rua's name again got me thinking who is the hardest hitter in the NRL?

Monty Betham and Adrian Morley have left so this opens up the category for someone to claim the most feared defender in the game.

Ben Creagh put in some great shots on the weekend. Could it be Sonny-Bill?

phonetic

Juniors
SBW hits hard, but it's usually via a shoulder charge.

In terms of technique and regularity, Ben Creagh is perhaps the best middle of the ruck defender going around at the moment in my opinion. The guy really hurts ball runners with that right shoulder of his. They arn't the razzle dazzle shoulder charge type like SBW, but they are rock solid bone crunching tackles.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
icewind said:
carroll and creagh the two most consitant hitters in the comp atm imo.

I agree as well.

SBW best hitting days are behind him I think we can all agree.

If anyone says Andrew Johns i'm gunna spew.....

Charlie124

First Grade
Steve Menzies, just when you think maybe his big hitting days might be behind him, BANG! some poor bastard is on the wrong end of a Beaver special, very good technique too.

The good thing about his hits is that a lot of the time you dont see them coming or expect them, he doesnt over use his hitting ability to the extent that they become predictable.

Latest posts