What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the Hardest Hitter in the NRL?

Eelementary

Post Whore
PJ Marsh - he regularly hammers opponents much larger than him.

Grantedm with his [lack of] size, it's not hard to be larger than him...

McLovin

Staff member
TBA Carroll gets my vote. The blokes a full stop machine. One week in and he's already racked up at least 5 big hits...

simon says

First Grade
Ben Galea and Dallas Johnston.

The hits they put on Friday night were monstrous.

Both superb techniques and man they can hit.

Ill give a bronze to Beaver Menzies.

JJ

Immortal
Carroll hits consistently hard, as do a few others.

In the last few years Beaver has pulled off some great hits, and of course there are SBW's shoulder charges

Kiwi

First Grade
I'd have to go with Carroll and Wiki.

They hit hard on a regular basis, even when it's not one of their big hits.

When they do pull off a big'un, "owned" is about all anyone can say at the time, including the poor bastards team mates.

Kiwi

First Grade
Lockyer4President! said:
Wasn't there an article a few weeks ago about Luke O'Donnell hitting guys at like 10G's or something?

Yep, but you also have to remember it was only done on the aussie team. Guys who weren't there like Menzies, Carroll, Wiki, ect weren't tested. If this technology does get more widely used, it'll be very interesting to see how the rest of the NRL stack up.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I havent seen lincoln withers put on a big hit for ages. All i see now are missed tackles and poor distribution.

For me it would have to be Tony Carrol and Ben Creagh.

Kiwi

First Grade
Gus22 said:
Pound for pound, Lincoln Withers is no.1

Don't start the pound for pound stuff, you'll have the Johns brigade in here in a flash, the topic will then turn into a Johns loveathon before ending with a Johns v Lockyer sh*t fight.

Kiwi

First Grade
obe182 said:
Gotta be Tonie Carroll.

Where was that article on Luke O'Donnell??

In LW a few weeks back. They attatched these devices to the aussie squad which measures a whole heap of stuff. Was very interesting reading, but was only the aussie squad. Hopefully a fair few teams of even the nrl picks this up and runs with it, would make for very interesting stats.

Gus22

Juniors
The only things Johns will be hitting hard in the immediate future is the Panadol.

As for this topic there are a few catagories:
Consistent big hitter: Tonie Carroll, Dallas Johnson
Occasional bell ringers: SBW, Ruben Wiki
Pond for pound: Licoln Withers

Overall Big Hitter title holder: Ruben Wiki

Just my opinion.

obe182

Juniors
I think you've got to also look at technique if you're looking for a stand out winner. Wiki is constantly in trouble for his style.