What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is your most hated team and why?

voltron

Juniors
the storm
every since they brought in the grapple tackle in a big way
stretching the rules to their advantage, ruining the spirit of the game
and i just hated them
i felt so justified when they were caught cheating the cap, knew they were full of it

Knightmare

Coach
Broncos: They act like the game of Rugby League as we know it would not exist were it not for them. Their arrogance and "We want to field 2/3 of the Australian team and be the ONLY team in SEQ!" attitude was largely responsible for a split which f**ked the entire game and held it back 10 years while the AFL and Rugby cashed in. Their arrogance, self interest and complete lack of respect for tradition represent everything that is bad about the modern day game.

Sydney Roosters (Easts): For so many years they were the Chel$ki of the NRL- a cashed up bunch of prettyboys with 5 minute bandwagoner fans who thought they were so much cooler than everyone else because they followed a good team. I suppose their more recent years and lack of success has dulled the hate a bit, and unlike the Broncos, they have an appreciation for history and tradition. But they still have no juniors and lots of cash. I suppose being a Knights fan, I see the Roosters as being the polar opposites to us.

Manly: Do I need to explain this one?

anjado

Juniors
St George : Mainly due to the Laurie Daley led hype machine which has surrounded them since 1999, This it the main reason why i disdain hearing how a team which has basically done nothing for 14 years is so great, There has never been a more over hyped team since i started watching the game.

Manly : This is more due to the Arthurson and Toovey years, The constant whinging and whining to referees during this era.

Parramatta : Local rivals this is the main reason i wouldn't say i hated them i enjoyed the season they had last year but they are the team i most want to beat.

Roosters : There was a point in the late nineties and early 2000's where they seemed to sign all of Penrith's young talent. Also seemed to basically sign everyone who was off contract they were a team i have no doubts at all were miles over the cap at the time. Despite them having some of my favourite players. Also annoyed me Penrith basically got bugger all credit after there Grand Final win and all we had to hear was how awesome the Roosters were constantly and how they were referred to as the benchmark which was quite laughable really.

adamkungl

Immortal
1) St Merge Illasox Dragqueens
Their fans are in general an arrogant pack of merkins, with a firm belief they are gods gift to sport. Throw in a healthy dose of bitterness and delusion. I cheer for whoever is playing them, regardless if its Easts, Souths, or even the cheating Storm.

2) lol@souffs
The joke of the League. Hypocritical twats riding their high horse to complete failure year in year out.

3) Pawwaaaa
I grew up in Parra. Mostly spite, partially due to the pathetic bandwagon that inevitably rises up if they look like making the finals. People that never watch a game of League suddenly become armchair experts, apart from the fact that they couldn't name a player who isn't hayne or Hindmarsh.

dishonourable mention to the Bankstown Bullcheats

on a side ntoe, its intersting how fanbases have certain teams they generally hate...but it isn't always reciprocated.

example, Canberra and Penrith fans seem to generally hate Easts, but Easts fans couldn't give two sh*ts about them

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
Roosters by a country mile. Biggest scum club. How they haven't been busted for salary cap breaches is beyond me.

Bunch of f**king cheats.

I still find it weird to see Carney in a Roosters jersey.

1. Manly - they are scums. Ken Arthurson can go to hell.
2. Bulldogs - always been arrogant. Their fans in recent years have made it easier to hate them.
3. Storm - WrestleMania. Smith. Slater and his inferiority complex. Brett White 'courageously' ripping pectoral muscle off a player in a gang tackle.
4. Roosters - Rorting scums, although I like their coach.

:lol::lol:

My kind of parenting!

You listed rorting as your reason for hating Easts but look at the three teams you listed ahead of them.

Goddo

Bench
Melbourne. It began with the grapple tactics and all that rubbish, and I was outraged that such a blatantly grubby club was still succeeding in the competition. Its been pretty intense ever since then.

It was given a boost when I was forced to cheer for the (only slightly) less unlikeable club Manly in the grand final for two years in a row. I wanted the grubby merkins to fail so hard I actually cheered for the Sea Eagles. Then this year we found out that was largely due to the fact that they had been cheating the whole time, yet the club and players still believed they were entitled to everything and their success was legitimate. I laughed out loud when I first heard the news break and what the punishments were. I was angry again when they thought they had been unfairly treated, but then I laughed at the fans' suggestions that its was a Sydney conspiracy and that Sydney teams always get treated specially.

Thanks to the club known as the storm, the last few years of NRL competition have had their legitimacy undermined. We have two years where there were no legitimate premiers. They may be important strategically but that does not give them leave to do what they did.

So yeah. Melbourne Storm. For me they will always represent the pinnacle of grubby tactics, cheating, and crying when you take their toys off them for being naughty. I'll give them this though, they don't do things halfway. When they decide to act like pricks they sure do like to go all out.

+1. I also feel betrayed by the way the storm have behaved.

The NRL and News Ltd have invested a sh!t load of time, money and interest in getting Melbourne up and running. They now have lower grade Victorian comps, a Victorian following of league, Origin matches down south.

This came at a cost - all of the NRL's spare change from the last 10 years has been pumped into the Storm and Victoria because the game knew if they kept at it, after 10-15 years it would be a huge success.

I was just starting to feel really good about the Storm, that it was all worth it at the beginning of this year - they were getting crowds in the 20 000s (v Dragons), moving into a new stadium, premiership success, they were going to be sold et cetera.

All of that has been destroyed because of cheating, which comes on top of all the grubby play they tried on field. RL has a future in Melbourne, but f**k the storm.

johns_reds

First Grade
knights: the club and fans always have a chip on their shoulder, hate the channel 9 love that was given to johns/buderus and co.

dragons: one of my mates is a dragons supporter, acts like the club are champions when in reality they haven't won a premiership in years, because of him my hate for dragons builds every year.

super_coach

First Grade
Has to be Chooks and Eagles and that goes way back to the days when they cheque booked all the other teams. Okay things have changed since the invention of the salary cap (we hope) but I hold long grudges

Iafeta

Referee
The Storm. Manipulative dirty scum of a club out to look after its own political agendas ahead of any strategic aims of the NRL. Will do anything in its path to sabotage the other clubs who want to try to play the game with a cover of ethics. Grapples, chicken wings, all bad enough, but when you systematically rort the cap like they have done, to devalue the prestige of the NRL title by basically leaving it barren for a couple of seasons, they become the epitome of scum.

I Raiders - this isn't so much of a hatred for their team but rather me enjoying their consistent and perpetual failure every season. Their fans continue to hype their players and their team continues to suck. Raiders in 2010, watch out!

Enjoy the game yesterday mate? :lol:

eagles4eva

First Grade
Has always been Parra, more a passionate dislike.. If i was to look at any victory as absolute pleasure, by far beating Parra is the best

Last few years the Storm..

st george
newcastle
manly

newcastle isnt really newcastles fault. there was this really annoying kid i had to sit next to in year 8 english who had a boner for andrew johns 24/7. i hated that kid.

and soo i hate the knights

im a petty, petty man

Packy

Bench
Broncos - Arrogant players and administration over the years. Completely and unavoidably bias media living in Brisbane. Deep sense of entitlement from them. Fans (I guess it isn't their fault as they are spoon fed controled info) are the least open minded. Even when I tip them I go for the other team.

fightingirish69

Juniors
Broncos - Arrogant players and administration over the years. Completely and unavoidably bias media living in Brisbane. Deep sense of entitlement from them. Fans (I guess it isn't their fault as they are spoon fed controled info) are the least open minded. Even when I tip them I go for the other team.

exactly couldn't have said it better

Meth

Staff member
Storm- since before their cheating. Their arrogance, their grappling and quite a few of their supporters as well.

Cowboys- I think they are the Warriors traditional rivals really- ever since the Cheerleader brawl

The Titans bore me, but I don't hate them. I hardly consider them

dogslife

Coach
The Broncos. Living in brisbane and being a non brisbane supporter has led me to despise them. The media up here (especially the courier mail - worst newspaper in the country) just love them no matter how they perform, and their supporters are about as fickle as they come, the only time you hear a peep out of them at games is when they're in front. Hate Souths aswell, full of scumbags in the playing ranks

Last edited: