What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is your most hated team and why?

11Straight

Juniors
The storm hands down nothing but cheating grubby filthy merkins.

And their fans would have to be the most geniused gronks known to man.

carncowboys

Juniors
parra- the media love fest
manly- silvertails
rabbitohs- all this bulls*it about being the proudest club in the nrl. should never of been brought back into the comp
tigers- 05'
storm.

Fairfax

Juniors
Souffs: They think they invented rugby league when all they are is a private company and play thing for a Kiwi actor and his WA bred trust fund mate.

legend

Coach
I can't split Canterbury, Roosters, Manly and the Dragons.

I probably pity the Dragons more than the other three but there's this inherent arrogance for reasons I simply do not understand.

The jizz over players like Boyd who is a homeless bums Hayne and you can see the choke is ready to begin.

The Roosters don't represent anything positive about our game. They have no soul and are a pariah on the game the way they plunder other teams ranks without ever giving back anything to the game.

Manly and Dogs goes without saying. Scumbag clubs with scumbag players although it's a lot harder to hate the Dogs these days because they had a scumbag purge over recent seasons. Unfortunately their dickhead fans compensate for the good guys they have at their club.

legend

Coach
broncos
they play some interesting football, but their fans are probably the most arrogant in the comp

When you make the finals as often as they do and the fact they have never lost a GF, you can sort of understand where the arrogance comes from.

Bodsy

Juniors
Bulldogs, Dragons, Tigers and Roosters

Bulldogs: I hate their fan base, their fans really annoy me escpecially the Kennel, saddest excuse for a fan-base I have ever seen. it's disgraceful, the past things the bulldogs have done will always be known

Roosters: I hate them so much, I hate them with all my might. Their fans are arrogant as hell and they just the rivalry between Souths and Roosters make me hate them even more. I hate the Chook Pen too, full of dropkicks.

Tigers: I hate living in campbelltown with everyone just supporting the tigers, bragging about how good they are blah blah. Bogan supporters who know nothing about the game.

Dragons: I hate the mergers, they think they are the king of the world the Dragons, I hate Soward with a passion he's a little wimp. Can't stand him.

Dragons.

Biggest pretenders in the NRL, with a disgusting level of arrogance. Their fans are also easily the dumbest, most stupid fans in the league

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Storm.

*systematic rorting
*grubby grapple tactics
*players signing 2 contracts, 3 contracts to Smith (oh, but they didn't know.....)
*easily have the highest amount of unlikable players. Slater, Quinn, Inglis, White, Smith, Blair.
This.

Shire Panther

Juniors
1, Sydney Roosters - Hate the club in general.

2, St George Illawarra Dragons - Because of their supporters f**k they are painfull ref this ref that, they do my head in.

3, Canterbury Bulldogs - not the club but the certain supporters that wear bulldogs jerseys that just go to the games to start trouble.

Barbanator

Juniors
Hmmm, I really wouldn't have a "most hated" team anymore tbph. When I first really got stuck into watching the NRL back around 02-03 I hated the Roosters with a passion, but with them droping back to the middle of the pack most of that hate has gone. Right now I'd say it would be a tie between the Storm and the Dragons, but it's nowhere near the level of my Roosters hate five or so years ago.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
The more important question is what has Melbourne ever done for the game. The only thing they are capable of doing is cheat and refuse to accept responsibility, it is everyone elses fault. The entire club has no backbone or integrity.

RL was NEVER firmly established in Melbourne before the Storm entered the comp. And it NEEDED to have a strong team to build on for sponsership, fans etc. Yet the the NRL have never done enough for RL in vistoria.

Maybe if the NRL had've had some system in place for devolping players and for long term deals done for the salary cap, then maybe this whole mess never would've happened.

Yeah, the Storm cheated. We all KNOW that. But to have a succesfull team in Melbourne under the current cap rules, they had no choice.

Succesfull team > cheat the cap > crowds / sponsership / $$$]

Unsuccesful team > bu the rules > low crowd / less sponsership dollars, less interest / team possibly not surviving.

Damned if you do. Damned if you dont.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
You think I'm unaware of the situation surrounding the virtual death of my team? The salary cap concession (which applied for two years, and din't help us much in 2000) was, as you said, a reward for the two clubs sacrificing their identity for the greater good of the game. Of course I would not expect a Broncos fan to understand "sacrifice" and "greater good", except in the sense that others should make sacrifices for their greater good.

Hah! Now I've been called everything!

mongoose

Coach
Roosters without a doubt. Just their arrogance and the sense of entitlement politis and co have. They have 1 premiership in the last 30 years but act like they are the manchester united of rugby league.

The Knights and that channel 9 love in they had when johns and buderus were playing was annoying.

The Eels and Bulldogs are fun to watch lose aswell.

_Johnsy

Referee
My question was what has Melbourne Storm ever done for the game, & this is your reply

RL was NEVER firmly established in Melbourne before the Storm entered the comp. And it NEEDED to have a strong team to build on for sponsership, fans etc. Yet the the NRL have never done enough for RL in vistoria.

Maybe if the NRL had've had some system in place for devolping players and for long term deals done for the salary cap, then maybe this whole mess never would've happened.

Yeah, the Storm cheated. We all KNOW that. But to have a succesfull team in Melbourne under the current cap rules, they had no choice.

Succesfull team > cheat the cap > crowds / sponsership / $$$]

Unsuccesful team > bu the rules > low crowd / less sponsership dollars, less interest / team possibly not surviving.

Damned if you do. Damned if you dont.

Once again a piss weak attempt at trying to justify systematic cheating, this is why your club will always be hated by every true RL fan.

I don't know you, but you may be a great bloke. However, If this is how you truly feel, our game does not deserve low a scum club or its merkin fans like you.

Doomednow

Bench
Melbourne. It began with the grapple tactics and all that rubbish, and I was outraged that such a blatantly grubby club was still succeeding in the competition. Its been pretty intense ever since then.

It was given a boost when I was forced to cheer for the (only slightly) less unlikeable club Manly in the grand final for two years in a row. I wanted the grubby merkins to fail so hard I actually cheered for the Sea Eagles. Then this year we found out that was largely due to the fact that they had been cheating the whole time, yet the club and players still believed they were entitled to everything and their success was legitimate. I laughed out loud when I first heard the news break and what the punishments were. I was angry again when they thought they had been unfairly treated, but then I laughed at the fans' suggestions that its was a Sydney conspiracy and that Sydney teams always get treated specially.

Thanks to the club known as the storm, the last few years of NRL competition have had their legitimacy undermined. We have two years where there were no legitimate premiers. They may be important strategically but that does not give them leave to do what they did.

So yeah. Melbourne Storm. For me they will always represent the pinnacle of grubby tactics, cheating, and crying when you take their toys off them for being naughty. I'll give them this though, they don't do things halfway. When they decide to act like pricks they sure do like to go all out.