What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who position does your club need to sign?

Disco

Bench
t-ba the hutt said:
2x backs (If rumours are to be believed, which they aren't, J Monas and J Lyon are as good as in the Maroon and White)
1x Prop (Can never have too many)
1x DECENT backup half option (Jye Mullane... :lol: )

Other than that we are sweet. We've got great young talent in the Forwards, a dependably backline and a future gun fullback.

Perfect T-Ba

keeney

First Grade
where would they put him, theyve got the leading try scorer on one and two rep wingers as well, inless theyre gonan cut wesser, move amos to fullback and put utai on the wing

CC_Eagle said:
1 or 2 top class Centres. As T-ba said before its rumoured that Joel Monas and/or Lyon are as good as signed. IF we can get a SOO centre then we're set.

Don't get your hopes up on the better of the Monaghan brothers (only by a bit though). Joel has been saying in the papers and on Canberra news that he wants to stay a Raider and he's close to signing a new 3 year deal.

Whoever started that rumour should be shot, because it was only a toss-up because his brother played at Manly.

t-ba

Post Whore
I Bleed Green said:
CC_Eagle said:
1 or 2 top class Centres. As T-ba said before its rumoured that Joel Monas and/or Lyon are as good as signed. IF we can get a SOO centre then we're set.

Don't get your hopes up on the better of the Monaghan brothers (only by a bit though). Joel has been saying in the papers and on Canberra news that he wants to stay a Raider and he's close to signing a new 3 year deal.

Whoever started that rumour should be shot, because it was only a toss-up because his brother played at Manly.

Time will tell on that thing. Aaron Canning was as good as signed for Manly Last year if you believed what he was saying in June but come July he was on the Parra Bandwagon. I think Joel will probably stay, but don't believe anything until he signs on the dotted line.

wogdog

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
wogdog said:
we need a hooker and i wouldnt mind mears if hes off contract not a bad player

I bet Willie could put you in touch with a Hooker...

Cheers,
Ben S.

lol must admit pretty funny but that is the position we lack a quilty player in weve got the nugget there but hes not a quilty hooker and corey, well what can i say, hes a hughes boy

tmack

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Souths- a Halfback-Get in the market for Orford or Johns, they have good outside backs but not a good kicking game.

watch joe williams this weekend making his debut. he is f**kin mad

skeepe

Immortal
I will simply echo the sentiments of other Raiders fans... WE NEED A HALFBACK!

It is clear Brad Drew doesn't fit in at the Raiders. Before he came here, he was regarded as a half-talented player. Now... he rivals the great Paul Carige for being able to strike fear in the hearts of his own supporters whenever he touches the ball.

super_coach

First Grade
as for the tigers--with a truck load of of young guns comming through-all we need is the low roosters and eagles to keep their hands off them----maybe a class centre with some real dash could apply--the glory days are comming

shadowboxer

First Grade
The position that Parra should look at is that of coach - their current one has the "smell of Newtown" about him...

gee dont belittle the pride of the jets in association with brian smith.

cronulla need a damn goal kicker and 5-8. Greg bird should become a ref

Southernsaint

Staff member
shadowboxer said:
The position that Parra should look at is that of coach - their current one has the "smell of Newtown" about him...

gee dont belittle the pride of the jets in association with brian smith.

cronulla need a damn goal kicker and 5-8. Greg bird should become a ref

Go back and read the history of St George circa 1995 to find out why we're all saying that about Smithy now...

Cheers,
Ben S.

damo72

Juniors
Brad Drew has to go somewhere where he can play hooker and thats it, the same role he filled at Parra in 2001, why he would have gone to Canberra with Woolford already entrenched in the role was not a good move for him or the Raiders. Bulldogs are pretty well covered in all areas maybe they could do with an impact hooker/half off the bench,, Raiders desperately need a quality half back and maybe some back up in the front row, the Sharks 5/8, goal kicker and a quality backrower and front rower, Manly probably need a centre but it seems that they may have that area covered soon enough, Melbourne might need some forward cover, Newcastle seem to be right in most areas, North Queensland might be after an organising half back and possibly a back rower to replace Morrison should he leave which looks likely, the Warriors need something at the moment but they have the players there just not the passion at the moment, Parra need the quality back up in the forwards instead of the reserve graders they had purchased and a centre, Penrith will have to cover injuries at some stage as their run with the same side cannot last too much longer, St George after that effort the other night seem well covered, Souths need 1 to 17, Roosters have enough at the moment and the Tigers are building well so maybe a quality prop to help Skandalis and Laffranchi and the Broncos have enough everywhere

Phillips

Referee
parramatta need a new coach and a centre another winger a couple more props and another backrower would be heading in the right direction as well, not to mention a new CEO

tdcockers

Juniors
i think melbourne is probably quite ok the way they are. decent across the park, enough backup depth in norths, and a very good coach. i guess the only thing we need is a new ceo - oh wait, we are already getting one of them :D

Earl

Coach
If we to sign anybody it would be a foward.

But I'd rather see them work on retention.

RenoufPhan

Juniors
Depending on the health of Barry Berrigan (who had to have the same kind of neck surgery as Gordy and will be out for the rest of the season), hooker is really the only position the Broncos need.

And that will also depend on how Michael Ryan finishes out the season. If he looks good in that position, Bennett probably won't try to sign anyone from outside the club (except Lote :D ).