What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who replaces Cappy?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Well, Witt hardly missed a kick at goal nor did Maloney. So Cleary had an extra six points or so per game over his succesors.

If you look at averages, based on Maloney/Witt and SJ/what Tui will produce, it would equal pretty much around one more successful goal per match. So that's pretty irrelevant. Witt's kicking didn't make us a finals team. Ivan did. How else do you justify a guy who made the finals 5 of his 7 years, with one of those non-years having accrued enough points to make the finals only for Mick's f**k up?

If the naysayers who don't want Ivan don't want to play finals footy, up to them. Yeah sure, we used to lose round one games under him too. And yeah some might say he isn't flash in terms of winning finals matches either. But I sure as shit know we'd move forward with him in charge. I used to enjoy supporting this team a lot more.

Matua

Bench
There is no point getting rid of him till there is a proven option in place.

Besides he isn't playing like a ruptured duck.
Why is a proven replacement required to replace a proven failure?

Under Cappy Kata has become the number 1 centre at the Warriors - WTF!!!

WellsNZ

Juniors
Toovey, he and his former club personified everything that the Warriors aren't in recent years.

Even if he didn't lead them to a title, the shift in culture he would bring could pay dividends for so long.

This was my thoughts as soon as he became available though. Get Toovey, tell him he can have everyone he wants, tell him he can tell whoever he wants to f**k off regardless of what a big or popular name they might be, and let him try to Manly up the place because that's a club with a backbone that isn't scared of winning.

Matua

Bench
Toovey, he and his former club personified everything that the Warriors aren't in recent years.

Even if he didn't lead them to a title, the shift in culture he would bring could pay dividends for so long.

This was my thoughts as soon as he became available though. Get Toovey, tell him he can have everyone he wants, tell him he can tell whoever he wants to f**k off regardless of what a big or popular name they might be, and let him try to Manly up the place because that's a club with a backbone that isn't scared of winning.
Actually, that sounds like what the Hurricanes did with Mark Hammett - not sure that's the best tactics to be taking.:)

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Toovey gets frustrated easily and Warrior is a frustrating team. Not healthy for Toovey. He might commit suicide cos of the Warrior.

Blair

Coach
If you look at averages, based on Maloney/Witt and SJ/what Tui will produce, it would equal pretty much around one more successful goal per match. So that's pretty irrelevant. Witt's kicking didn't make us a finals team. Ivan did...

Yep, that's a good lesson on stats. My impulse was that our past gun goalkickers had a far greater impact than just one more successful goal per match.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Actually, that sounds like what the Hurricanes did with Mark Hammett - not sure that's the best tactics to be taking.:)

Toovey is actually an experienced NRL coach whereas Hammett's first head coach gig was with the Canes and he pretty quickly proved he wasn't upto it.

Hammett came in and cleared out guys who were up to the standards that Henry demanded for the All Blacks but not for him. That says more about his coaching than anything.

Matua

Bench
Toovey is actually an experienced NRL coach whereas Hammett's first head coach gig was with the Canes and he pretty quickly proved he wasn't upto it.

Hammett came in and cleared out guys who were up to the standards that Henry demanded for the All Blacks but not for him. That says more about his coaching than anything.
Good points. Seeing the plan laid out in black and white made me shudder though. ;-)

mikeob

Juniors
Channel 9 Sunday Footy Show discussing this and David Riolo said he was hearing it was Stacy Jones......

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Channel 9 Sunday Footy Show discussing this and David Riolo said he was hearing it was Stacy Jones......

If true (unless I'm forgetting someone), in our entire history every coach we've ever had, bar Monie & Elliot was a rookie NRL coach when taking over the reigns. No wonder we've underachieved.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
No No No
Jones is not the answer YET!!!!!!!!!

Let him serve his apprentiship
He has....not sure why anyone would not see that..he has been recruitment officer, NYC coach and now Reggies coach....

More qualified than Trent Robinson when he started..and Paul Green

For me it is a no brainer, he will succeed...simple a that.

By al means get the plodder Ivan back.. he is a crap coach, but would be an awesome operation manager.

Stacey will be the guy to bring your first premiership, and he is ready IMO.

jaseg

Juniors
He has....not sure why anyone would not see that..he has been recruitment officer, NYC coach and now Reggies coach....

More qualified than Trent Robinson when he started..and Paul Green

For me it is a no brainer, he will succeed...simple a that.

By al means get the plodder Ivan back.. he is a crap coach, but would be an awesome operation manager.

Stacey will be the guy to bring your first premiership, and he is ready IMO.

Robinson had been a lower grade (counting SL in that) coach or NRL assistant for 8 years before taking over at the Roosters - including taking a wooden spoon team in Catalans to 6th then 4th place in his two years there.

Paul Green had another year of lower grade experience on top of that - and was a double title winner in QLD cup, and an assistant for an NRL grand final side.

Stacey isn't even close to those guys in terms of their credentials when they took over their respective clubs... Kristian Woolf, Walker bros would be better candidates if you're thinking along those (debut NRL coach) lines. I'd be tempted to get the Walker bros and tell them to go nuts - assistant Morgan can focus on defense.

Latest posts