What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who replaces Cappy?

shiznit

Coach
"The changes continue at administrative level, with the announced formation of a football advisory board to oversee the club's football operations and offer some sporting knowledge and perspective to the club's board.

Among the members are former World Cup-winning All Blacks coach Sir Graham Henry, experienced NFL coach Eric Mangini, club great Awen Guttenbeil and director Owen Eastwood."
How the f**k did Eric Mangini get that gig?? Lmfao!!

Talk about random...

Rich102

Staff member
So we are going to have a head coach, Kearney, and three assistants, Cappy, Stacey and AN Other, all overseen by a football board?
Talk about decision by committee.

Meth

Staff member
This is pretty much what I feared. We replaced a coach with a green coach, sacked him, replaced him with a green coach, sacked him, replaced him with a green coach, sacked him and replaced him with a green coach....the pattern is obvious and it's going to get harder and harder to turn the place around. Like everybody, I hope Kearney does well...but I don't think he (with McFadden and Jones as assistants) are going to get the job done.

Who replaces Cappy? Another Cappy...

Personally I'd be surprised if it's not Stephen Kearney next year with Cappy still involved at the club in some capacity.

So I posted this last Wednesday. I'd heard about it on Monday morning before posting. So negotiations had been going on before our last game. My understanding is that Kearney and Cappy discussed him staying on as Kearney's assistant on the 4th of September and Kidwell was alerted around the time when the first train-on squad was announced.

None of us will know. Doyle keeps his cards very close to his chest, if there's not going to be a leak involving RTS and Luke, two of the pre-eminent players in the comp and ex-Sydney players where the media tries to stick their nose in everything, then there's zero chance that a whimper of what they're doing with the coach has leaked out. That is, unless, word has filtered that a new coach is in the crosshairs.

Yes word had filtered out. Very early. Doyle couldnt keep this one as close to his chest due to the wider Kiwis organisation knowing.

Wow it just got more interesting, would have thought he might have been getting lined up for the kiwis job

That's why he hasn't be announced yet.

The plan is for him to do both (like Kearney has done at the Broncos), but there is some hesitation there and some other balls in the air (Cleary being a contender for the Kiwis job if he doesnt get a gig at the Dragons or Bulldogs).

So let's just see how it pans out, but expect Dave to get announced as a Warriors assistant within 24/48 hours as the most likely outcome.

Cappy as assistant is interesting.
How long is Kearneys contract?
Hopefully 2 years with option of 1 year extension.
Obviously no one else wanted to come eg Toovey etc.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yes word had filtered out. Very early. Doyle couldnt keep this one as close to his chest due to the wider Kiwis organisation knowing.

Probably the reason for the overnight announcement. Doyle doesn't like ongoing speculation so once the Tele broke the story yesterday he would've decided to go public.
Won't be surprised if the same happens re Foran today.

spear tackle

Juniors
Well not really much more to say at this point except good luck to the new coaching team ,we'll know if this was the right decision after a round or two in 2017 and I wait to see if there is a player clean out or will it be just a bit of a clip around the edges rather than a good pruning.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
This is pretty much what I feared. We replaced a coach with a green coach, sacked him, replaced him with a green coach, sacked him, replaced him with a green coach, sacked him and replaced him with a green coach....the pattern is obvious and it's going to get harder and harder to turn the place around. Like everybody, I hope Kearney does well...but I don't think he (with McFadden and Jones as assistants) are going to get the job done.

Who replaces Cappy? Another Cappy...
Lol I feel sorry for you. You cant win them all mate.