What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who shot Isaac Luke?

the1

Juniors
One would think an appropriate club policy would be to discourage club officials to post on public forums...

beave

Coach
Absolutely.

tbh, I don't there's many of us Cowboys fans complaining (this is more aimed at JW), it's more the neutral fans that are dirty about that incident than us.

I am more pissed at the cowboys and a few of the backs who really let the team down at various stages, and in particular the ridiculous pass thrown by our 7 down the blindside in the dying moments that got picked off by Sandow. I don't care what anyone says, if the roles were reversed in the Isaac incident, the cowboys would have stayed down to get the penalty. Bowen in particular has a penchant to do it and what JT said at the press conference about none of them play like that was utter bullshit. There were other refs calls during the game that were pretty ordinary, but I am not going to harp on about them because I'd like to think that us cowboys fans are better than that and we can realise and own up when our boys play like clowns, and on friday in Sydney she was 'cirque de cowbee' I'm afraid.

the dude

Juniors
tbh, I don't there's many of us Cowboys fans complaining (this is more aimed at JW), it's more the neutral fans that are dirty about that incident than us.

I am more pissed at the cowboys and a few of the backs who really let the team down at various stages, and in particular the ridiculous pass thrown by our 7 down the blindside in the dying moments that got picked off by Sandow. I don't care what anyone says, if the roles were reversed in the Isaac incident, the cowboys would have stayed down to get the penalty. Bowen in particular has a penchant to do it and what JT said at the press conference about none of them play like that was utter bullshit. There were other refs calls during the game that were pretty ordinary, but I am not going to harp on about them because I'd like to think that us cowboys fans are better than that and we can realise and own up when our boys play like clowns, and on friday in Sydney she was 'cirque de cowbee' I'm afraid.

Good post.. You guys should've put us away but didn't, it will be a good lesson for you heading into the finals though.

AuDragon

Juniors
HAHAHAH wow you guys made up your own acronym for me? awesome.

:lol::lol::lol:
4127992813_91c0640808.jpg

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
guess the mouth filled with blood was also an act.....

:lol:

I love how it goes from (in Luke's words) "my white mouth guard was red with blood" to "a mouth filled with blood".

Sensationalism at its best. Facts be damned.

Kiwimation

Juniors
I dont see any issue with this. Players milk penalties all the time. His job is to try and get the win for his team. He did that. Good on Isaac Luke.

Doomednow

Bench
I dont see any issue with this. Players milk penalties all the time. His job is to try and get the win for his team. He did that. Good on Isaac Luke.

I disagree. There is an issue. It was penalty, fine. No issue there. But the acting part, followed by the celebration no less, makes the game and the guys who play it look weaker, more opportunistic, less like sportsmen. If you aren't playing honestly then you deserve to looked down on.

Rainbow

Juniors
I disagree. There is an issue. It was penalty, fine. No issue there. But the acting part, followed by the celebration no less, makes the game and the guys who play it look weaker, more opportunistic, less like sportsmen. If you aren't playing honestly then you deserve to looked down on.

Can't disagree with that Doomednow. But that makes me think that we should see a change of rules. You can't blame a player doing whatever it takes to win a game. too much is riding on every 2 points especially at this time of year.

Kiwimation

Juniors

Players act all the time its part of the game. If a player knocks the ball on trying to score a try he celerbrates as tho he has scored hopeing to sway the ref. No one is going to stand up and say "Dont worry ref i knocked that one on". Or the acting when a player whos team is a few points infront and fakes a injury as he plays the ball to eat up time. Luke played within the rules of the game like it or not.

What i would like to see is the video ref being taken out of general play like this and left for trys only.

Doomednow

Bench
Players act all the time its part of the game. If a player knocks the ball on trying to score a try he celerbrates as tho he has scored hopeing to sway the ref. No one is going to stand up and say "Dont worry ref i knocked that one on". Or the acting when a player whos team is a few points infront and fakes a injury as he plays the ball to eat up time. Luke played within the rules of the game like it or not.

What i would like to see is the video ref being taken out of general play like this and left for trys only.

Cricket has for many years debated whether batsmen should "walk", that is to agree that they have been dismissed and leave the field of play without waiting for (or contrary to) an umpire's decision. Gilchrist reignited this debate by walking during a high-profile match, the 2003 World Cup semi-final against Sri Lanka, after the umpire ruled him to be not out.[167] He has since proclaimed himself to be "a walker", or a batsman who will consistently walk,[168] and has done so on numerous occasions.[167][169]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Gilchrist

Legend.

In any case I think a knock on in goal is acceptable to check with the video ref because a player may not be fully aware of whether they managed to ground it correctly or not according to the rules. It's all a case of where you draw the line I guess. For me the line is drawn firmly on this side of celebrating the fact your acting earned you a win.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
you stay down to milk a penalty, you're a cheater IMHO..

there are a number of incidents that occur during a game which could potentially earn a penalty..

if every player who got a tap around the head, got touched after kicking the ball or had one extra hand layed on them when playing the ball stayed down to milk a penalty, the sporting field would look like a spanish field during siesta time..

the big question - would mr luke have behaved the same if this incident occured in the 11th minute of the 1st half?

Matt23

Staff member
you stay down to milk a penalty, you're a cheater IMHO..
the big question - would mr luke have behaved the same if this incident occured in the 11th minute of the 1st half?
I suspect he what have got up slowly/ had a whinge at the ref

Latest posts