What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who should we be looking after june 30th

Wobbygong

First Grade
Given they have already have Thompson, Ennis and Bailey off the books, and we hear Timmins & Barrett are all likely to leave and Gasnier is a chance to go to Union, the Dragons will have more salary cap available to them than any other club (other than the Titans) to keep their players. You might get some Newcastle guys like Gidley, Carmont etc

The Colonel

Immortal
Wobbygong said:
Given they have already have Thompson, Ennis and Bailey off the books, and we hear Timmins & Barrett are all likely to leave and Gasnier is a chance to go to Union, the Dragons will have more salary cap available to them than any other club (other than the Titans) to keep their players. You might get some Newcastle guys like Gidley, Carmont etc

True. But you can't necessarily keep them all nor can you play all of them in first grade. Ryles still remains - Houston, Leano, Henderson, Poore, Danny Wicks, Simms and Payne are all capable of filling the role left by Bailey. Two are likely to stay on the bench and the rest may want to play first grade elsewhere rather than Prems.

You've then got the backrow and hooker - Ndaira, Gorrell, Creagh, Young, Sims, Price, Te Maari, Haberecht, Setu, Wheatley, Millard, Tupou and a host of Flegg youngsters too. Another host of kids who will want to play firsts.

Haven't even started on the backline yet.

Dragons will be able to pick and choose but at least half your PL side would be in first grade at any other club - much the same as Parramattas at the moment. The money might be there - its whether the opportunities for first grade can be met.

The Colonel

Immortal
Not necessarily. I enjoy June 30. Despite games going ahead you're in the middle section of the year where mostly results and injuries are the only other things discussed. It adds a bit of excitement to the period after the start of the season and before the finals.

It will happen every year whether it's a June 30 deadline or not.

Pazza

First Grade
I got a feeling that a change of scenery will Do Villa a world of good.

Webb or Asotasi would be the ultimate. We need a leader in the front row. Guys like Stringer, Cayless and Vella are on their way out. Tsoulos looks the goods, need to get fitter though.

fish eel

Immortal
Its obvious we need a leader.

But I think we shouldnt necessarily be looking for a quick fix.

I'd love a big mongrel of a prop who is say, under 25.....line them up for a long and fruitful front row pairing with Josh Cordoba.

I thought I read somebody mentioned Mark O'Meley. I really think he needs a change. After all, wasnt he made to look like a powder puff by our premier league pack a few weeks back?

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
I thought I read somebody mentioned Mark O'Meley. I really think he needs a change. After all, wasnt he made to look like a powder puff by our premier league pack a few weeks back?

He and Stringer are mates from their days at Norths. Keep Pauly for 12 more months into the bargain....

ParraAds

Juniors
The Colonel said:
He and Stringer are mates from their days at Norths. Keep Pauly for 12 more months into the bargain....

weren't they involved in a punch up somewhere?

The Colonel

Immortal
ParraAds said:
weren't they involved in a punch up somewhere?

Outside a pub one day while still at Norths. They are still mates though apparently.
I think id go insane if we had to put up with another season from 'pauly'

Sometimes sacrifices have to be made......

parra pete

Referee
Pazza said:
I got a feeling that a change of scenery will Do Villa a world of good.

Reminds me of the sixties song - "Lock up the streets and houses, cos there's something in the air"

The_Coach

Juniors
Villa is absolute trash, he'll be lucky to get a contract at Souths.

Asotasi is the best prop on the market, but i had heard he was a sure thing to take the big money in England seeing as how he has a island passport and won't count to the English quota.

stuke

Bench
Asotasi would be a great recruit. Speed and skill in the front row would be nice.

O'Meley's aggression would be a welcome relief too.

Latest posts