What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who should we be looking after june 30th

The Colonel

Immortal
Avenger said:
I can only see maybe Henderson leaving. The rest will probably stay.

Henderson and possibly Simms.

Watch the kid this weekend - Lee Ta Maari. Very good backrower as is Tom Haberecht. Either one of these two would be a good signing as well. They'd be playing regular firsts at most other clubs already.

The other forward who impresses me from their mob is Chris Houston - about the same size as Ryles and tore the JF apart in the GF last year. Should play first grade soon IMO.

fish eel

Immortal
I'd go for either Poore or Ashton Sims for sure. I think with either one of those, combined with Cordoba and the improving Tsoulos, would give us a good front row foundation for a few years.

I'd also love Ben Creagh as well. I know we've got a few backrowers, but he is quality and has time on his side, something someone like Morrison doesnt have.

Avenger

Immortal
If we signed those 2 I would not re-sign Tsoulos. Tslolous for mine is an old style prop who is a bit slow and out of touch with the modern game.

fish eel

Immortal
Avenger said:
If we signed those 2 I would not re-sign Tsoulos. Tslolous for mine is an old style prop who is a bit slow and out of touch with the modern game.

Tsoulos needs some work for sure, but I think the potential is there. He needs game time, in first grade, to improve his fitness and get used to the pace.....keeping in mind he missed most of last year with a bad knee and only came back for the premier league finals. What I like is he is at least trying to be aggresive and hit hard in defence.

I see Cordoba as a long term starting front rower....

fish eel said:
I'd also love Ben Creagh as well. I know we've got a few backrowers, but he is quality and has time on his side, something someone like Morrison doesnt have.

...and given our centre predicament over the past few weeks Creagh could fit quite nicely in to the 3/4's if required.

I can't see him leaving St George though.

fish eel

Immortal
Belly in Brisvegas said:
...and given our centre predicament over the past few weeks Creagh could fit quite nicely in to the 3/4's if required.

goddamit if only we kept graham:lol:

Avenger

Immortal
If we offloaded Cannings, Vella, Wagon, Peek, Robinson,Stringer and released Cayless we would have enough money to buy all those Saints forwards.

Avenger said:
If we offloaded Cannings, Vella, Wagon, Robinson,Stringer and released Cayless we would have enough money to buy all those Saints forwards.

I reckon it would be more logical for Knights to come here before Dragons although geography would play a part.

Pazza

First Grade
I'd Keep Tsoulos, he is a diamond in the rough. He is very young. Within a couple of years he will really mature into a good prop.

Avenger

Immortal
Belly in Brisvegas said:
I reckon it would be more logical for Knights to come here before Dragons although geography would play a part.

The good ones are under contract.