What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should we sign for 2009?

Parra

Referee
Everyone is available.

I'm sticking with Sam Thaiday & Kurtley Beale.

Would be nice to re-sign Tahu as well.

caylo

Bench
Everyone is available.

I'm sticking with Sam Thaiday & Kurtley Beale.

Would be nice to re-sign Tahu as well.

I would sign Beale as a 5-8 (he would probably do well with finch at halfback), he is very similar to Carney IMO. Running game is better than Thurstons, and without a doubt would be the best 5-8 in the country.

Tahu is a great player but has injury issues, I think Hayne and Inu are good enough for now, while i would probably go for Morris for a fullback spot (or centre with Hayne moving back to fullback) Imagine a backline of:

Morris
Reddy
Inu
Hayne
Grothe
Beale
Finch

we would put 50 on everyteam IMO

parra pete

Referee
Bugger: Shillington signed with the Raiders today.

Good on the Raiders. I posted it on Rumoured Signings on the NRL site three days ago after hearing it from my mates at the Raiders.
It shouldn't be all one way traffic for them. With Horse Weyman and Scott Logan moving on, the Club needed someone like Shillington. The Raiders have some great talent in the Toyota Cup team. Expect 17 y.o fullback Josh Dugan, centre Justin Carney and back rower Joel Thomson to have a taste of first grade before the end of the season. The Raiders are NOT afraid to move the kids up. They are expecting a huge return from Josh Dugan over the next three seasons..and if you have seen him play, you'd know why.
I have a lot of time for the Raiders and some good mates associated with the Club.

Freak2

Juniors
How much would have you spent on Shillington and how much do you think the Raiders paid for his services.

I would not spend $200K and you can gaurantee the Raiders paid $300K+.

I really feel for the Raiders who are a team that are always going to have to pay overs to get any off contract players there.

parra pete

Referee
How much would have you spent on Shillington and how much do you think the Raiders paid for his services.

I would not spend $200K and you can gaurantee the Raiders paid $300K+.

I really feel for the Raiders who are a team that are always going to have to pay overs to get any off contract players there.

Not when they become the Central Coast Raiders.

Bigfella

Coach
I would sign Beale as a 5-8 (he would probably do well with finch at halfback), he is very similar to Carney IMO. Running game is better than Thurstons, and without a doubt would be the best 5-8 in the country.

Tahu is a great player but has injury issues, I think Hayne and Inu are good enough for now, while i would probably go for Morris for a fullback spot (or centre with Hayne moving back to fullback) Imagine a backline of:

Morris
Reddy
Inu
Hayne
Grothe
Beale
Finch

we would put 50 on everyteam IMO

Fantasy land Caylo.

Beale is a telent.

He would start at the very bottom of the pecking order in NRL.

He would have the potential to play rep footy one day, but would be a long way off ever becoming the best 5-8 in the country.

Bigfella

Coach
By the way, was anyone else impressed with Daniel Wagon last week?

It's been about 5 years since I've said that but he went berserk in defence in that first half.

I'm used to watching a Parra game and having no idea whether he was actually on the field or not ...

There was a brutal one on one try saver on our line. Took me back to the later 90's early 2000's when Wags IMO was the best one on one tackler in the game.

I think we could see an Ian Hindmarsh revival from Wags. Hindy was struggling early last year and I really queried his signing. But with the finish line of his career in sight, he lifted massively. Hope Wags can do the same.

Also when Keating came on at dummy half, there were one or two runs where he really got over the advantage line. That was truly surprising (and pleasing!)

sooperdooper

First Grade
Fantasy land Caylo.

Beale is a telent.

He would have the potential to play rep footy one day, but would be a long way off ever becoming the best 5-8 in the country.

they didnt call him the real deal for no reason when he was playing RL...
the kid is a natural and belongs in a league jersey where he can showcase his skills....

Bigfella

Coach
they didnt call him the real deal for no reason when he was playing RL...
the kid is a natural and belongs in a league jersey where he can showcase his skills....

LOL. Being called the real deal at 14 and being the best 5/8 in the country is a bit different ...

Avenger

Immortal
Fantasy land Caylo.

Beale is a telent.

That will be Albert Kelly. :D

Eelementary

Post Whore
By the way, was anyone else impressed with Daniel Wagon last week?

It's been about 5 years since I've said that but he went berserk in defence in that first half.

I'm used to watching a Parra game and having no idea whether he was actually on the field or not ...

I was, too. He played really well.

fish eel

Immortal
I'm really pleased we werent in the hunt for shillington while we have nathan cayless :sarcasm:

Y2Eel

First Grade
shillington is crap glad he going to raiders he will be avg there and make some cash...