What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should we sign for 2009?

Bow_rider

Juniors
If he is available i would look at Scott Logan from the Raiders.Last year he was their player of the year.I think he has great go forward and a good offload

caylo

Bench
If robo is to leave, he could be a perfect replacement

To be honest Weller would be a perfect repacment... he has great short passing game for a forward, and runs good lines. If he continues to improve and plays like he did against the Panthers he could be a great asset. He reminds me alot of Puletua in his prime.

11 Weller
12 Williams
13 Mateo

That would be my backrow when hindy hangs the boots up, Mannah Paulo and Cordoba are great backups for Cayless and Fui and i don't think we need anyone up front tbh.

Grothe would be coming to the end of his carrer and i would look for a good outside back as our depth is poor there, maybe Perrett or B.Morris. Someon who is effective without a price tag to weigh them down. I don't know about any of the players and contract status ( i think perrett just signed a deal with the rooster till 2011). I have just used them as eg.

Daneel

Bench
If he is available i would look at Scott Logan from the Raiders.Last year he was their player of the year.I think he has great go forward and a good offload

No No No No No, he is a hindrance to the raiders not an asset, and more often than not his offloads lead to trouble.

The Colonel

Immortal
why would we want abraham when we have lowrie who is in the same mould?

:lol: Abraham would have played for NSW had it not been for the ankle injury he suffered in City Country. Two totally different players. Abraham is also a one time fullback/centre and can hit a hole very well. Something some of our forwards can't.

Eels Dude

Coach
Abraham is past it. Would have been a good buy 3 years ago but not now. I'm sure Brian Smith was trying to entice him here at one stage but he re-signed with Newcastle. I'd rather him than Joe Galuavo for another year though.

The Colonel

Immortal
Abraham is past it. Would have been a good buy 3 years ago but not now. I'm sure Brian Smith was trying to entice him here at one stage but he re-signed with Newcastle. I'd rather him than Joe Galuavo for another year though.

Has made it back into the NRL after injury problems - most players would have concentrated on the decent scaffolding business he has in Newcastle instead. But turned out for the Mackay Cutters and has no made it back to the NRL thorugh the Cowboys. Hardly past it at 27.

Eels Dude

Coach
Cowboys seem to have a habit of reinventing careers lately. Ash Graham, Cashmere, possibly Abraham. He could be a handy signing at the right price, part of the top 25 rather than an expected part of our 17.

On another note, does anyone remember the full name of that Willie guy we signed from Melbourne around '03 or '04. He retired at age 26 or so in the off season, then signed with us mid season and then retired again after 3 or 4 games. Just curious.

Willie Leyshon, just came to me after racking my brain for 15 minutes. So nevermind.

The Colonel

Immortal
All I know is that at 188cm and 106kgs he is as big as if not bigger than some of our front rowers. There isn't much out there and given the lack of money available to spend they obviously need to come reasonably cheap.

Willie Leyshon

Yep,

He Coached Junior Reps back at Norths last year.

Willie and I were in the same year at High School, Willie wasn't able to come to Schoolies with us because he had signed with Norths and they didn't want him up on the Gold Coast. He did visit for one night but went home before we all went out.

He made grade with the Bears, was Part of the top 25 at the Northern Eagles, before signing with Melbourne, Then he came to us in 03 I think, with Darren Tracey as well. But Willie's Back got the better of him.

Willie Leyshon is player Number 657.

HevyDevy

Coach
He also blamed Melbourne for failing to properly look after his knee injury. I've got a great story about that actually but I really can't go any further into it here.

Top bloke by the way.

parra.letic

Juniors
the broncos will have to offload some players with folau signing

either hannat or kenny would be good buys as props, big and strong...bend the line back as well as coming from a club with a winning culture would help us no end.

however jeremy smith from the storm is somebody i desperatly want to see in a blue and gold jersey

HevyDevy

Coach
Yes, well he is the greatest player of all time so there certainly should be a story.

:crazy:

Were you excited when you saw that Colonel?

The Colonel

Immortal
Yes, well he is the greatest player of all time so there certainly should be a story.

:crazy:

Were you excited when you saw that Colonel?

Actually I was just flicking through the pages of both magazines and came across the article just after I'd logged into the forums. Saw your post and..... well you read the post.