What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should we sign for 2009?

Suitman

Post Whore
there was no room to bludge back then mate, bsides he ran about 30 metres before he passed to Kenny, hardly a bludge mate ;-)

And how many scrums did he do that?
He was never picked at 5/8th, nor did he ever wear the number 6. That was just a bit of Gibson genius on one occassion which worked an absolute treat.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
And how many scrums did he do that?
He was never picked at 5/8th, nor did he ever wear the number 6. That was just a bit of Gibson genius on one occassion which worked an absolute treat.

Suity

mate, if you look at it closely even back then the numbers on their back still meant sh*t..how many times did Ella and Kenny swap during games?? Taylor was a fullback who played up on the line in the D, Sterlo was one of the greatest halves to lace a boot and virtually played at fullback in defence.

Price did stand between Kenny and Sterling from the scrum quite alot as you only needed to form a 5 man scrum, if you chose to do so, back then.

Fathead

Bench
there was no room to bludge back then mate, bsides he ran about 30 metres before he passed to Kenny, hardly a bludge mate ;-)

I know - Pricey was the heart and soul of the club and there was a bloke who NEVER took a backward step.
Actually pulled the video of the 80s grand final out the other day and Mrs Fathead and I watched the GF games.
She said " They certainly threw the ball around back then didnt they?"
I agreed.

It was great to watch.

Fathead

Bench
mate, if you look at it closely even back then the numbers on their back still meant sh*t..how many times did Ella and Kenny swap during games?? Taylor was a fullback who played up on the line in the D, Sterlo was one of the greatest halves to lace a boot and virtually played at fullback in defence.

Price did stand between Kenny and Sterling from the scrum quite alot as you only needed to form a 5 man scrum, if you chose to do so, back then.

Come on Stagger - you surely cant agree in having an orgainiser and a fluid passer like KK playing hooker in a team which requires organisation and a more expansive game !!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Come on Stagger - you surely cant agree in having an orgainiser and a fluid passer like KK playing hooker in a team which requires organisation and a more expansive game !!

ok, you lost me there...:?

KK should be at 6, and no where else but I thought we were talking about our glory years??? :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
I'd like to add two more names to the list.

* Daniel Abraham, who after injury has interrupted quite possibly a very good rep career, returned up at the Cowboys on the weekend. Would seemingly be on not much more than match payments and a retainer. Abraham is a good ball runner in the backrow and quite decent defender as well. I still think even with 18 months or more off the scene he still has plenty to offer.

* Nick Kenny - was touted as a certainty to start at the Broncos after the likes of Webcke and Petero retired a few years ago. Good strong prop. Reasonable defender. With them being reportedly over the cap for next year by 300,000 with the signing of Folau they will have to offload some players. I think the Eels could snap up a bargain in Kenny who has established himself as a regular benchie in the Broncos side.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Daniel abraham? is that the guy who used to play for newcastle? if so, he could be a good signing, i always rated him and as you said is an awesome ball runner, who runs brilliant line, he played for counrty to didn't he?...Has his fair share of injuries though

fish eel

Immortal
I wanted Abraham this year. He certainly wouldnt have cost much. Good defender and good utility player. Perfect type to round out a squad.

Daneel

Bench
I thought Daniel Abraham was going places, when a run of injuries stagnated his career. He was one of my favourite no parra players running around

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Daniel Abraham played for the Cowboys against the Rabbitohs on the weekend. I was surprised to see him ... thought he had gone to England or something.

*SNAP*

Eelementary

Post Whore
These are the qualities I think we need:

* Someone who is passionate
* A firebrand who, if we screw up, won't be shy about firing a rocket up people's arses, even if he isn't the captain (people whinged about Joey throwing tantrums, but the Knights always tended to fire up after he let them have it)
* A player with sheer determination to win
* Preferably a player from a club with a successful background
* Ideally, a player that has competed against some of our best players (eg: a Queenslander or a Kiwi; I feel a Queenslander, seeing as Queensland has been so successful at Origin time the past few years, could really fire up our under-performing NSW players by taunting them about how much better Queensland is, and by showing them how and why they became so much better).

The more and more I hear about it, the more I like the idea of Mick Crocker coming to Parramatta, though it will never, ever happen.

Latest posts