What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Supports Who?

The 18th Man

Juniors
Indianapolis Colts (90-present)

0205_B28.jpg

I discovered the NFL in 1990 on a family trip to USA. Indianapolis was a city we went through and as it turned out, the city for my first and last NFL game I have attended (against the Washington Redskins). Our "QB of our future" was Jeff George (still a favourite of mine up until he retired, I loved his big arm) and he came up big against Mark Rypien when he threw for 3TD passes that day. Eric Dickerson was also in the backfield. I have a really good pic from that day that I will try and post on here if I can scan on to this PC.

My favourite player was Marshall Faulk for a long, long time even when he left the Colts for the Rams. Edgerrin James I loved too, Captain Comeback Jim Harbaugh captured the hearts of many Colts fans. Manning is the man today and I love Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark. It's been a great ride, some 20 seasons with my father (he signed his allegiance to the Colts that afternoon too and has been back to watch 12 games since 1990). We regulary having our own 'tail gate' BBQ's on the verandah when we can (work with me here!) during the season which is a little easier as bosses of our business. Winning the 07 Super Bowl ranks as one of my fondest sporting memories, it was a great day and one we shared with some long time friends he has made in Indianapolis thanks to the internet.

I missed Unitas, I am fortunate to be able to say I have been there for the Manning era. I honestly believe by the time he is done, he will lay claim to the Greatest QB of All Time tag. Just my opinion. I plan on getting back to the USA in the coming one or two years and will plan another trip back to Indianapolis barring no lock out at the time.

As for college football, I don't have one particular team. I just love NCAA games though. I just cannot get passionate for a team. I follow the good teams, keep an eye on the good players and just appreciate the NCAA as I do the Toyota Cup here with the NRL (albeit a lot different, just a decent comparison for here). I must admit, I do have a soft spot for Stanford given Captain Comeback is at the helm and the Miami Hurricanes who I always watch when on. Love their history. Their story.

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
Am i the only Cleveland Browns fan in Australia?
Actually I have a soft spot for the Browns, they remind me of North Queensland, a devoted fanbase that supports a team that has a history of nothing but failure and poor choices in players but they still have hope.
Up until recently players went to NQ to retire, same for the Browns.

But I think the Browns are playoff bound next year, they have a very bright future of young players.
Colt McCoy is very promising.

Monk

Referee
Once Again, Up to date

AFC

East:
Patriots: Ice Ice Brady, AusKnightRKO, MC_DUI, Sanchez, stormtragic, Tyler.Durden
Dolphins: Electrica, Fin077, joel_caine_no_1_fan, rabbitohs, hellteam, Jasgragon, STG-Dragon, Broncodr01d, boxa777, Steel Dragon
Jets: corbin, Redunderthebed, ash the bash, Lambretta
Bills: Ron Jeremy, Big Mick, 40/20, Mr Opinionated, BuffaloRules

North:
Bengals: meltiger, Dogs of War,
Browns: Tommy Smith,
Steelers: Frederick, bluesbreaker, zombie jesus, CanadianSteve, Woodson, CABRA ROCKS, BIKER_DRAGON, Jason Maher,
Ravens: Bumble, RedVDave

South:
Colts: BeeeeeRad, saint-colesy, mozza91, 18to87, Daveyboy, The18thMan,
Jaguars: El Comerkino, andrew057, PavlogsDog,
Texans: Joker's Wild
Titans: Selachimorpha, Foz, Noa,

West:
Raiders: Pennywisealfie, Eelementary, Spitty, Gengis Khan, Eddie.
Broncos: legend, Ocko, CQ Raider, Tigers_are_Pro, Tom115, superdog
Chiefs:
Chargers: CJG 182, Russell Crowe’s Band, Fire Spirit, supercharger, angry_eel,

NFC

East:
Giants: brooksy19, Southernsaint, nyfg89, butch82,
Cowboys: Monk, SydRaider, fat mike, Shorty, Skeletor, Agent Mulder, daz08, coach, natheel, Guvner, iamtheantichrist, The Mighty Bombers, Jocko
Eagles: Cupid Stunt, Raider_69, chiana, dio, Luke Hatherly, ByRd, Bay City, Mickdo, Willvillain, Doug2234, big_matt, Meatloaf,
Redskins: Big Tim, Forest Dragon,

North:
Packers: Punton, Matt23, Parki, Twizzle, macavity, DragonPunk, Alehana, MSH, teegy, PJ Marshal, saint pebba, Morri(cWo),
Bears: Godz Illa, KiWi BoI 15, mightybears, Usain Bolt,
Vikings: Jono078, Paullyboy, Butters,
Lions: The_Savage_1, owend21, God-King Dean

South:
Panthers: aphelion,
Buccaneers: DeeGan, beave, Collateral, KroganDocter,
Saints: Dragonfire, Jamskee, Jono1987, Steel Dragon, NZ_10c_Warriors,
Falcons: carncowboys,

West:
Seahawks: Pika, Dr Crane, Ausguy,
Rams: Booeycollector, Stonecutter, kurt faulk, Lynch, Ray Martins Hair,
Cardinals: Mhartew, jc155776
49ers: abpanther, Lockyer4President!, WestsRobbo, leaguerules, greenhat, Philby, krudmonk

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am a redskin.

This stems from the first game I saw of NFL(1980's). The redskins were behind against the 49's. Being an Aussie I started going for the underdog. Being loyal I stayed with them.

I think that game I watched (which they won in the end) was thier last good game.

Big Tim

First Grade
I am a redskin.

This stems from the first game I saw of NFL(1980's). The redskins were behind against the 49's. Being an Aussie I started going for the underdog. Being loyal I stayed with them.

I think that game I watched (which they won in the end) was thier last good game.

Our Wildcard game against the Bucs a few years ago when ST was ejected for spitting..... quality win in the playoffs.

Nothing since.

Though any win against the Cowgirls is a good game.

Bluebag

Juniors
Patriots since the 80's, I also had the pleasure of meeting a Patriot after he signed for his final year with the Rams in LA (a while ago) and had a great time hearing his Pats stories even if he did charge drinks to my TAB. I enjoy watching good players in their position no matter what team except the Colts, I just cant handle them,

Jesbass

First Grade
I've been a Pittsburgh Steelers fan since my brother married a Pittsburgh girl back in 2003. I only really started following the game in 2005, though, when I had a lecturer also from Pittsburgh who was able to teach me the basics of the sport.