What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was better ?

Vic Mackey

Referee
brasher, he was unbelievable in a terrible, terrible team. if brasher had of played in a successful team in the 90s he would be thought of as one of the greatest ever fullbacks. you only had to look at what he did for nsw to realise how good he really was.

also the only people who rate hindmarsh are parra fans, everyone else knows he is complete garbage.

lazarus or webcke?

typicalfan

Coach
brasher, he was unbelievable in a terrible, terrible team. if brasher had of played in a successful team in the 90s he would be thought of as one of the greatest ever fullbacks. you only had to look at what he did for nsw to realise how good he really was.

also the only people who rate hindmarsh are parra fans, everyone else knows he is complete garbage.

lazarus or webcke?
I am not a Parramatta fan, I just don't base my opinions on garbage like the media and certainly wouldn't rate Thaiday or Watmough ahead of Hindmarsh those two are pretty poor defenders and not natural leaders on the field.

Lazarus comfortably.

Mark O'Neill or Daniel Gartner.

lazarus or webcke?

Hard to split em.

Wishart or Brett Dallas

Loudstrat

Coach
Hindmarsh 1999-2005 was a machine, quantity AND quality. Hindmarsh 2006-current? A lot of quantity but not much quality. Watmough, Gallen and Thaiday have been far superior to Hindmarsh the last 5 years, Kennedy and Tallis played Origin until retirement.
Hindy played 100 more first grade games and 3 times more tests than Talls.

I agree about Watmough, Gallen and Thaiday, but I'd say 3 years - and if that makes Hindy after 300 games, 10000 tackles and 30kms gained still the FOUTH best backrower in the NRL - i'd say it's a case of Gordon Who? Oh yeah, Dragons contract cheat!

BTW - Wishy, could kick goals.

And Gartner had real promise.

Folau or Yow Yeh?

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Definitely Folau. There have been few backs in the history of the game who could influence a match as much as he could. When he was on he was simply unstoppable.

This one is probably pretty stupid but Langmack or Mateo.

typicalfan

Coach
Definitely Folau. There have been few backs in the history of the game who could influence a match as much as he could. When he was on he was simply unstoppable.

This one is probably pretty stupid but Langmack or Mateo.
Mateo has better skill but Langmack had as much if not more success in the game. If I wanted one of them in my side I would pick Mateo

Nathan Brown or Jamie Goddard.

RABK

Referee
Goddard, i never rated brown but Goddard was one of the best hookers in the comp in the mid 90's.

Funnier moment? Lance Thompson falling headbutt off tap restart or Laurie Daley stealing Goulds chair on Origin sideline

Noa

First Grade
Lazarus pretty easily over.webcke for mine. For a supposedly great prop webcke was dominated in the tackle to often for my liking. You could never say that about Lazarus.

Loudstrat

Coach
Never saw the Thompson incident, but Terry lamb's drop goal to lose by one beats the other.

Chook Herron or Ross Conlon?

typicalfan

Coach
Goddard, i never rated brown but Goddard was one of the best hookers in the comp in the mid 90's.

Funnier moment? Lance Thompson falling headbutt off tap restart or Laurie Daley stealing Goulds chair on Origin sideline
It was Gould stealing Daleys chair.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Ross Conlon was one of the first round-the-corner goal kickers if memory serves me right. His contribution to the art was substantial so I'm going with him.

Think this one may have been done so apologies if it has - Craig Wing or Shaun Berrigan?

Easts R #1

Juniors
Ross Conlon was one of the first round-the-corner goal kickers if memory serves me right. His contribution to the art was substantial so I'm going with him.

Think this one may have been done so apologies if it has - Craig Wing or Shaun Berrigan?
Yeh Ross was just that, taught Hazim.
On topic, Wing was better he could win a game. Berrigan is tough but hasn't the class of Wing.

Last edited:

anjado

Juniors
Trent Barrett was far more talented than Florimo, Barrett really could of been up there with Daley and Fittler as the best five eighth of the past 20 years but he is nowhere near that level. He is in essence at a similar level to what Florimo was despite having more talent so for me it has to be Florimo.

John Cartwright or Glenn Stewart

Latest posts