What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was better ?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sludge or Bozo
That's a tough one.

Fulton by a narrow margin. Slightly longer career and better rep record. Both were great in attack but Fulton had the edge there as well.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I just remember Fulton hitting the line harder while Rogers was more into setting up his supports. Correct me as will.

Gasnier played when the defence was just 3-5 yards away. He stood deep enough to slice through. An extraordinary player. For pure talent, the best centre ever imo. Relatively short career too.

Tommy Bishop or Billy Smith?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I just remember Fulton hitting the line harder while Rogers was more into setting up his supports. Correct me as will.

Gasnier played when the defence was just 3-5 yards away. He stood deep enough to slice through. An extraordinary player. For pure talent, the best centre ever imo. Relatively short career too.

Tommy Bishop or Billy Smith?

No need to expand, had no problem with your opinion. That one could be argued ad infinitum.

Very different players in teams with very different needs.

I'll go Tommy. He was slightly more prolific as a try scorer over his career. He arguably carried heavier burdens as he didn't have the quality of cattle around him and he made players rather than serve players as Billy was so good at.

Cliff Watson or John Wittenberg

Lambretta

First Grade
Benji Marshall in a landslide surely? :? Do we need reasoning here?

Ben Kennedy or Paul Gallen?

Mat Rogers is the most under rated player of his generation
He played wing, centre, five eighth and full back and played both League and Union at the highest level. He once scored every single point for a QLD team against NSW (I think in the Super League tri series)

He was rarely injured and if he was every team he was ever taken out of were far poorer for his absence.

Yes Benji is a freak and an uber talent when asked to play back up to someone else who is guiding a team, but he's never successfully led a team around a park. He is the spark of a team, not it's brains. Rogers could be both.

Your probably right that Benji is the more talented individually, but I reckon Rogers would bring more to a team. I'd give my vote to Mat.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
He played wing, centre, five eighth and full back and played both League and Union at the highest level. He once scored every single point for a QLD team against NSW (I think in the Super League tri series)

He was rarely injured and if he was every team he was ever taken out of were far poorer for his absence.

Yes Benji is a freak and an uber talent when asked to play back up to someone else who is guiding a team, but he's never successfully led a team around a park. He is the spark of a team, not it's brains. Rogers could be both.

Your probably right that Benji is the more talented individually, but I reckon Rogers would bring more to a team. I'd give my vote to Mat.

Would of loved to see The Rat get a solid go at five eighth early in his league career. He did some freakish things as a winger when he was a Shark and IMO the Sharks erred in never giving him a gos in close when he was at his fastest.

He also never went missing in games like Bungee does.

@MarTiger

Juniors
Who was better is the question right? Benji Marshall or Mat Rogers?

I will go with the premiership and Golden Boot winning maestro from the Wests Tigers who is a genuine superstar of the game. Rogers was a good, very good at times though he was not the player Benji Marshall is or is going to be.

typicalfan

Coach

On the contrary Rogers was regularly injured throughout his career in both codes and if anything it was this that hampered him more than people rating him as he was considered a superstar talent and an amazing finisher. Injury prevented him from an ongoing starting spot in the Wallabies as well.

His feat in origin was in 1999 not during SL and got injured later in that series.

Last edited:

Rambo1'

Juniors
Will have to go Cragie on that one. Could be quite freakish at times....

Danny Buderus or Geoff Toovey?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
At least Redders would have a crack, that other bloke always dogged it !!!

FMD Quigs! Me middle name is decorum. As the Cap'n of the LU Sharks forum and a member of the LU Sharks Forum Infraction Committee, I have standards to adhere to.

Sheeesh

Quigs

Immortal
FMD Quigs! Me middle name is decorum. As the Cap'n of the LU Sharks forum and a member of the LU Sharks Forum Infraction Committee, I have standards to adhere to.

Sheeesh

I'll give you Sheeesh. I don't know who is the biggest Bus Prefect out of Surely and You.

[youtube]BG106H81QzY[/youtube]

Latest posts