What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was better ?

1990 raiders

better jerseys. no cam smiff. also...
whatever. who cares. so long a go now.

02 Roosters (dogs cap, johns back injury in week one) vs 05 Tigers (double choke by parra and dragons. no bulldogs or roosters in the playoffs)

Big Pete

Referee
Damn tough one because I always rated Wing as a Blue. Have to go with Toovey, more prevelant and consistent at Origin than Wing who only really stood out in 2003. After that, he'd have a few good touches but wasn't as dominant a player.

Adrian Morley vs. Ruben Wiki

PS: :lol: @ Wesser > Bowen and Peachey > Hayne. Bowen's 07 trumps anything Wesser ever did in his career, in fact it's the best year I've seen from a fullback period. I love the Peach and if this was a popularity contest Dave would win hands down but his style of play doesn't hold up well to today's standards and Hayne has already achieved more than Dave did in his entire career.

Last edited:
I'd vote for Ruben over Morley and that is sayijng something as Moz is one of my favourite players ever at the chooks. But Ruben was so good for so long and in sides that were both good and poor and his leadership at the end in canberra and then Warriors was fantastic. Ornament to the game is Ruben.

John Ferguson v Martin Offiah.

Loudstrat

Coach
Offiah - had speed, evasion and a great fend to burn in spades more than Chicka.

Mick Liubinskas or Neil Pringle?

WireMan

Bench
Damn tough one because I always rated Wing as a Blue. Have to go with Toovey, more prevelant and consistent at Origin than Wing who only really stood out in 2003. After that, he'd have a few good touches but wasn't as dominant a player.

Adrian Morley vs. Ruben Wiki

PS: :lol: @ Wesser > Bowen and Peachey > Hayne. Bowen's 07 trumps anything Wesser ever did in his career, in fact it's the best year I've seen from a fullback period. I love the Peach and if this was a popularity contest Dave would win hands down but his style of play doesn't hold up well to today's standards and Hayne has already achieved more than Dave did in his entire career.

Morley, still dominating at the top now.

A Johns or A Langer? Two other Warrington greats...

typicalfan

Coach
lol Offiah was a pathetic winger....overrated he was simply on the end of a super Wigan backline. In the NRL it isnt even close.

Wesser had an astounding 2003 still holds the record for tries in a season for a fullback doesnt he?

Corey Parker or Terry Matterson

ANTiLAG

First Grade
quigs by a nose.

gavin miller v brad clyde

Miller sublime 88 and 89. Then it was the Clyde show for a lot longer.

Their best days Miller could compete with Clyde if not usurp him - but Clyde did more in his career.

Mark McGaw or Chris Johns?

Last edited:

anjado

Juniors
That is a tough one,
I would go with McGaw though it is very close, they both had relatively short primes.

Brad Fittler or Brett Kenny

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Brett Kenny. Dominated Wally at Origin like noone else did, or even could, really.

Kenny - the best five eigth I've seen and I wear maroon in June.

Okay - Dale 'rowdy' Shearer or Julian O'Neil?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Priddis. Incredibly underrated player who was robbed by A Johns Newcastle factor giving Bederus a heads up.

Martin Bella or Sam Backo?