What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be 2011 premiers?

Who will be premiers for 2011?

• St George Illawarra

Votes: 75 42.4%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Manly

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 23 13.0%

• Total voters

grouch

First Grade
And the Dragqueens scored one try from a knock on and one from an intercept against the run of play. The fact is it was a fairly close game and not a genuine indicator of much at all. As has been mentioned by others before, Manly beat St Marge last year and the Merge went on to win, Melbourne beat Manly twice in 2008 and Manly went on to thump them 40-0 in the grand final, Melbourne beat Brisbane in 2006 and and Manly beat Melbourne in 2007 before the results were turned around in the grand finals. It means nothing except that the winning team got 2 points on their way to the finals.
lol

I love to watch him squirm

Danny-Boy

Juniors
:lol: at the St.Merge fans for winning a claytons premiership and thinking they've got it in the bag again....

Enjoy St.Choke :lol:

eaglefan64

Juniors
If Manly moved Foran to hooker the premiership would be locked in

Hey Mitchell.....go have a lie down as you will need all the rest you can get before and after the tigera whip you this w/e.

anyway we probably have the 2nd best hooker in the comp at the moment in Matt Ballin(after cam smith) and you want us to move Foran to
hooker??:crazy:

boxhead

First Grade
This is my personal opinion, this isn't trolling or anything.
I think it will be either Manly or the Storm, with the Storm my favourites as they have the experience in the key positions - I think the only bad thing about having rookie halves is that the pressure may get to them in the really big games. Hopefully that isn't the case.
Before Thurston's injury, I had the Dragons and the Cowboys as my outliers, and I favoured the Cowboys more heavily because their attack on their day is supelative.

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
This is my personal opinion, this isn't trolling or anything.
I think it will be either Manly or the Storm, with the Storm my favourites as they have the experience in the key positions - I think the only bad thing about having rookie halves is that the pressure may get to them in the really big games. Hopefully that isn't the case.
Before Thurston's injury, I had the Dragons and the Cowboys as my outliers, and I favoured the Cowboys more heavily because their attack on their day is supelative.

Yeah no trolling at all- did you have a straight face while typing that or did you giggle away? I though school was back...

kiwiperth

Juniors
Dragons must be considered as the favourites - Bennett being unbelievable at the finals.

Storm would be next in line, will be interesting when they vs a full strength Broncos team.
Manly would be after that, especially since they can leave out the wolfman and other players. Depth doesnt seem to be an issue at this club

Think the Cowboys are gone. Even when Thurston comes back they will have lost too much momentum.

Brisbane are the smokeys for mine. They have such a young side (besides Lockyer) and have Lockyers retirement to deal with. Will their young boys stand up come finals or die?

Another factor will be who the top teams play come finals? Teams who run into the Warriors or Tigers could be in for a rude shock as either side can produce a serious 80min display.

Evenflow

Bench
Yeah no trolling at all- did you have a straight face while typing that or did you giggle away? I though school was back...

So he's trolling just because he picked either Storm or Manly to win the grand final and don't think the Stains will? f**k me i've just about heard it all now..... :lol: