What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be 2011 premiers?

Who will be premiers for 2011?

• St George Illawarra

Votes: 75 42.4%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Manly

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 23 13.0%

• Total voters

betcats

Referee
I'm quite confident that a full strength Manly and Melbourne would thump Saints at Brookie and AAMI Park respectively.

The neutral venue will be very interesting....

Didn't Saints get flogged by both Manly and Melbourne last year? They definitely got lucky with Manly's injury concerns and Storm out of contention. Heck they were lucky to beat the Tigers in the preliminary final.

You heard it here first, the ONLY way St.George will make it to the Grand Final is if Manly and Melbourne meet in the preliminary final.

lol Stain fans eyes started bleeding after reading that one.

grouch

First Grade
Melbourne have that awesome spine but a tepid three quarter line and not much power up front.
Manly have a rookie halfback who may struggle in big games. Not their year, but I like their chances in 2012.

Dragons or Broncos

Jono1987

Juniors
I'm quite confident that a full strength Manly and Melbourne would thump Saints at Brookie and AAMI Park respectively.

The neutral venue will be very interesting....

Didn't Saints get flogged by both Manly and Melbourne last year? They definitely got lucky with Manly's injury concerns and Storm out of contention. Heck they were lucky to beat the Tigers in the preliminary final.

You heard it here first, the ONLY way St.George will make it to the Grand Final is if Manly and Melbourne meet in the preliminary final.

Why don't you just come out and post it on your main account? :lol:

We did just thump Manly, you must have missed that game?. Haven't had the chance to play Melbourne yet. Looking forward to it though.

stormbati

Bench
To be honest, I'd rather a loss to Manly in a GF than Dragons. Also, I'd rather play Dragons in a prelim than in the GF. Bennett will never lose a GF it seems.

oval

Juniors
I support Manly, and although my heart says Manly will win it, my head says it'll be Melbourne. I reckon it'll be either a Melbourne v Manly or Melbourne v St George Grand Final, with the Storm to win. I can see them being super fired up to beat Manly following the deep pounding they received in 2008, or being super fired up to beat the reigning cocky premiers, on top of just being fired up in general from all the dramas last year.

If Manly make the GF I hope they play anyone but Melbourne. Wouldn't mind seeing the Sea Eagles have a crack at St George...

I dunno about Brisbane, although I'm sure they'll get plenty of help from the referees on the run home...

MSIH

Bench
:lol: Take the pool ball out of your mouth. I cant understand the gibberish you gimp.

I could understand that being a tough sentence to interpret :crazy:.

Disagree with the sentiment sho', but to claim it is incoherent is off the mark.

azza29

Juniors
Would love to see Melbourne in it this year, if only to help us forget the unpleasant events of 2010.

Ulysseus

Bench
I don't get the Manly love or the thought that they need "one more crack" at Saints.
Even when Manly won the comp in 2008 they still split the result that year, Saints won through the year and to Manly's credit they won when it mattered in the finals.
Since then though they failed to beat Saints in 2009, won one game in 2010 and have been severely pumped the the next three times they have met.

They have had their "one more crack" a couple of times now and that win in 2009 where Manly had "8 players backing up" seems an age ago, and to put it into stark perspective Saints had about 5 backing up and 3 of their normal starting players missing completely.

MSIH

Bench
I don't get the Manly love or the thought that they need "one more crack" at Saints.
Even when Manly won the comp in 2008 they still split the result that year, Saints won through the year and to Manly's credit they won when it mattered in the finals.
Since then though they failed to beat Saints in 2009, won one game in 2010 and have been severely pumped the the next three times they have met.

They have had their "one more crack" a couple of times now and that win in 2009 where Manly had "8 players backing up" seems an age ago, and to put it into stark perspective Saints had about 5 backing up and 3 of their normal starting players missing completely.

:lol: nice gee-up.

Ulysseus

Bench
:lol: nice gee-up.

nevermind then, seems saints will just have to belt them.............again................ in the finals to dispell this myth that manly trouble them.
Hell, go back past 2008, their was pwnage from 2005 for f**ks sake.

Last edited:

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
In what way were they dominated?

Posession: Manly 56% Dragqueens 44%
Completions: 29/35 for both teams
ARM: Manly 1333m Dragqueens 1343m
Offloads: Manly 15 Dragqueens 7
Kicks in play: Manly 22 Dragqueens 19
Errors: Manly 10 dragqueens 12

Overall it was a very evenly contested match. The Dragqueens should have had their first try disallowed for a knock on. The score could have been a lot closer, it got out to 18 points due to an intercept try against the run of play.

This is up there one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen!

So despite Manly dominating, they could only score one try off a kick but this is a positive somehow....LOL...