What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the Warriors new coach?

God our club knows how to make me shake my head.
Why on earth would we want x2 guys whom won a 3rd tier competition 5 years ago?
Their style got found out and the obvious thing that stands out is they have NO First Grade coaching experience.
We need a proven coach. I have had it with Rookie coaches using us as stepping stones in their careers.

Last edited:

Benek

Juniors
Forgive me for not knowing the history. What's so unique about the Walker bro's approach to coaching?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Think that year they won the comp every single kickoff was short so they gave themselves a 50/50 chance at regaining possession

TheDMC

Bench
For some reason, Walker Bros, seems enticing. Maybe it's the name. Maybe it's the desire to see some ad lib attack. Maybe I'm just a sucker for more punishment.

The reality of this coach saga is nobody with experience in first grade is going to come here. So that leaves Payten (Barf) Iro (FML) and the Walker brothers (We're screwed).

I would like us to try and snare Paul Green (If Cowboys oust him) or Brennan (Yes he has a poor record with the Titans, but that was always an up-hill battle, Heard he has excellent man management)

Does anyone think we will actually land a big name coach ever? Or one with NRL first grade experience?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Never been a fan of hiring the Walkers, but there is far more to their approach than "ad-lib football" or all out attack.

From the time they took over the Jets they were operating on a shoestring budget, and in 2015 they were fortunate to have 4 or 5 guys who were playing at a level above what most of the QLD Cup were.

Don't think they are the answer, but there's more to their philosophy than chucking the ball around ad lib.

Blair

Coach
So the Walker brothers come as a trio? Paid equally?

It's left-field, but we're desperate.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The real prize with the walkers could be a chance to get ben’s son

Only problem is he is signed to the brown paper bag club who have a lot of sway, he is massively talented

I find it unusual that George is publicly speaking on candidates like that, maybe floating the idea to gauge public reaction before locking them in ?

Last edited:

Big Marn

Juniors
Maybe if they get the best defensive coach available on the market, that may help. It would be nice to get away from Kearneyball. High risk hire,but I'm just as worried we get another Matt Elliot (who had previous first grade experience) and revisit that horror.

Tongue

Juniors
Neil Henry - reasonably successful with Titans until forced to work with The Hayne Plane, who then made things difficult for everyone and then ousted Henry. Theyve never really recovered.
But Henry would be a viable option.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Neil Henry - reasonably successful with Titans until forced to work with The Hayne Plane, who then made things difficult for everyone and then ousted Henry. Theyve never really recovered.
But Henry would be a viable option.

Yeah he is the forgotten man. He made Canberra competitive, left the cowboys in the position to win the comp the year after he left, and the Titans were playing above themselves when he was there

Strange that he never gets a mention anymore

Leber

Bench
I’m starting to think we may as well keep Payten for another year, unless we can poach a super name coach.

Leber

Bench
I don’t like the ideas of them as first grade coaches. Massive Hail Mary.

Maybe add them to the coaching staff, but as head coach... na bro.