What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the Warriors new coach?

jaseg

Juniors
Yeah he is the forgotten man. He made Canberra competitive, left the cowboys in the position to win the comp the year after he left, and the Titans were playing above themselves when he was there

Strange that he never gets a mention anymore

Had Carney/Campese at the Raiders - finished with a losing record (and the year before he took over they had the same number of wins -12 - as his best year at the Raiders, it's not like he took over a terrible team and made them better). Had peak Thurston at the Cowboys - finished up with a losing record (only had a winning record in 2/5 seasons). Had a 37% win rate at the Titans.

He's had 3 bites at the HC gig in the NRL. I can see why he doesn't get a mention.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Whoever gets the job will need at least 2 pre seasons to coach the footy that has been coached out of us back into us.

Big Marn

Juniors
Sounds like all the criteria met for a rushed decision by the Warriors...

If Siebold gets the boot in the next few weeks, that's the plum job the candidates will be after.
How grim is it that we are competing with other teams for a bunch of sacked coaches?
And probably last in the pecking order for desired landing spot.

JJ

Immortal
Sounds like all the criteria met for a rushed decision by the Warriors...

If Siebold gets the boot in the next few weeks, that's the plum job the candidates will be after.
How grim is it that we are competing with other teams for a bunch of sacked coaches?
And probably last in the pecking order for desired landing spot.
I don't think looking at sacked coaches is a problem, if they've proven themselves capable... we've sadly gone after unproven coaches, and or when we've signed proven ones, they've already shown they're not up to it - any of Griffin, Green, Seibold (if available), Pay are already better than Kearney or Elliott

I feel for Pay a bit, loyal to the club, terrible roster, but they competed most games...

JJ

Immortal
Green inherited talent, and got them their first premiership... I think the second grand final without Thurstone was a pretty decent effort...

I dunno whether he's right for us, but literally anyone is better than Kearney... sadly, even Elliott was

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Green inherited talent, and got them their first premiership... I think the second grand final without Thurstone was a pretty decent effort...

I dunno whether he's right for us, but literally anyone is better than Kearney... sadly, even Elliott was

What should be remembered about that grand final, is that if the Dragons didn’t choke against the Dogs in the final round, they wouldn’t have even made the 8. Very fine margins at times

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
FTR, I think Kearney would be suited to a role in junior development, he is a proud kiwi, was a very good player and has quality input, just not in charge.

No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Just saying.