What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will debut for your club in 2010?

The Dominator

Juniors
For the dogs Daniel Harrison is a likely candidate after missing all of 2009 with a knee injury. The other possible would be Martin Taupau.

Vossy

Bench
I dont have very high hopes for kelly vossy , very small defence was terrible last year.

Gardner and Mills will be the ones who make the step up this year in my opinion.

dont pull the defense and size crap, remember lockyer couldnt tackle for sh!t and presto, hodgson, mortimer are/were all small..fullback will be perfect for him

Kelly has the potential X-Factor we lack, he has to be in there some where, sniffing for offloads from gallen and co

footy1

Juniors
For the Roosters, I'll tip Ryan Williamson, Joseph Leilua, Mose Masoe, Fine Moeakiola and Boyd Cordner.

skeepe

Immortal
really? i actually think him and dugan are completely different players.

Mullaney is more of a classic fullback (even though it was his first year there) mainly a great support player and the reciprocate of ingoal grubbers etc.

Dugan seems to play more in the front line

Sorry, I was unclear.

I meant he reminds me of Dugan in the way that he's clearly a step above pretty much anyone else at that level even though he's still eligible to play there.

One of Dugan's greatest strengths is not his attack (although he was certainly brilliant at that in NYC), but his defence. This is the one area of Mullaney's game that I'm not sure about, although that's probably because his attack was so unbelievable that you tend to forget the other parts of his game.

He's ready, even if he's still eligible. If there were any sort of justice, Dugan would have been named rookie of the year for 2009, even though he was able to play in NYC. I think Mullaney could have a similar impact in 2010.

Oh and funny to think, Dugan would still qualify for 20's this season as well.

Noa

First Grade
Aside from the obvious 2 in Widdop and Bromwich I wouldnt be suprised to see Matt Duffie make a few appearences and maybe grab a spot if Anthony Quinn has more problems.

footy1

Juniors
Sorry, I was unclear.

I meant he reminds me of Dugan in the way that he's clearly a step above pretty much anyone else at that level even though he's still eligible to play there.

One of Dugan's greatest strengths is not his attack (although he was certainly brilliant at that in NYC), but his defence. This is the one area of Mullaney's game that I'm not sure about, although that's probably because his attack was so unbelievable that you tend to forget the other parts of his game.

He's ready, even if he's still eligible. If there were any sort of justice, Dugan would have been named rookie of the year for 2009, even though he was able to play in NYC. I think Mullaney could have a similar impact in 2010.

Oh and funny to think, Dugan would still qualify for 20's this season as well.

As much as I rate Jake Mullaney, I don't think he is anywhere near Josh Dugan. I really want to keep a close eye on him this year to see if he can maintain that form that took him through the backend of last season. I just think that Darren Nicholls and Robert Lui put a lot of his tries on a platter where as Josh Dugan is capable of everything and anything. I want to see Mullaney ball-play a bit more but I guess his support play and his ability to read the play is his best asset. His defence needs improving as well.

But he is a class player in the making. He will be a first grader, but I don't think it'll be next year where he'll have an impact like Dugan did in the NRL.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The way some people go on about Josh Dugan is very similar to the way those same people went on about William Zillman.

Big Pete

Referee
Except Dugan actually performs consistently in first grade and avoids extended stints on the sidelines.

You are right though, Goodwin and Zillman were at one stage the second coming according to Raiders fans.

Except Dugan actually performs consistently in first grade and avoids extended stints on the sidelines.

You are right though, Goodwin and Zillman were at one stage the second coming according to Raiders fans.

We are allowed to have a couple of pretenders till the real one arrives.

macavity

Referee
Peter Mata'utia is likely for the knights. not sure if anyone else will make 1st grade.

Pete will go well, but we have a fairly settled team so he might have to bide his time. He might get a go when Doogs has his customary mid season holiday perhaps.

Josh Ailomai, Zane Tetavano and Kev Naiqama (freak) would be the other possibles if we get some injuries.

Ailomai will make a mark. Prob in 2011 - he is still only 19.

Unlikely any will debut though - we have a heap of seniors depth across the park.

Chachi

Bench

Zillman was a class junior. Anyone who thought Goodwin was the second coming had rocks in their heads. I add Bronx Goodwin himself in that assessment.

StinkyPete

Juniors
Dane Hogan, Leeson Ah Mau, Isaak Ah Mau, Ryan Stig, Will Tupou. Ray Thompson played in Round 26 last year he may get a bit more of a shot.

Last edited:

Chachi

Bench
and a very average first grader.
Agreed. He hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

Zillman and Dugan have some similar attributes to their game but Dugan has kahunas 10 x the size, which really makes the difference, especially in defence.

roopy

Referee
Joel Edwards - prop
Zane Tetevano - second row or prop
Pete Mata'utia - wing, centre or fullback
Byron Fruen - wing or centre