What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will provide better value for money - NABULI or MORRIS

Minh

First Grade
I hope Nabuli kicks on, he's the type of player we need size, speed and footwork.

FlameThrower

Bench
If Nabuli can achieve half of what Morris has done I'd be happy. He has heaps of on field presence and is big unit / surely with 2 ex Centres in Cooper and Mary there they can mentor and work on his basics in defence , high ball and general reading thegame / which either u are born with or u need to develop with time???

BennyV

Referee
Favourite moment: Penny gets clotheslined, get up ready to throw punches, sees the size of Nabuli, shits himself!

Cagey Mac

Bench
Ive mentioned this before, but I think Nabuli is still too raw for first grade, his error rate is worse than Vidot back in his hayday.

Not saying he wont make it with training, just that he looks very early on his development cycle, he also suffers from a lack of acceleration, so imo Mary is the one who need to ensure he hits the line @ speed as often as possible, to use his big frame to more effect & he has to learn to try and bust a tackle himself or hold onto the pill, he seems to have that 9's / Rugby mentality of "having to" get rid of the ball at every opportunity.

Can't agree on the Vidot comparison Rev and Nabuli was much lower price too. That releasing the ball before the tackle has been completed will be a boon to his inside men.

7Seven7

Juniors
Favourite moment: Penny gets clotheslined, get up ready to throw punches, sees the size of Nabuli, shits himself!

Credit to Penny, and Eto for not going on with it.
Maybe ( and maybe not), size was a factor.
In the heat of battle, size matters little. Players come from everywhere.

Eto was very calm in that incident, and didnt fuel the fire.

To imply Penny was a coward would shine a very dark cloud over Creagh v that prick Hodges.

Our Captain backtracked. By my standards, thats OK. By others, fear was the main ingredient.
Seen tall and big men decked by smaller varieties. Proves nothing, other than Eto has a level head. The emotion could have overtaken his senses. It didnt. Kudos to both.

BennyV

Referee
Credit to Penny, and Eto for not going on with it.
Maybe ( and maybe not), size was a factor.
In the heat of battle, size matters little. Players come from everywhere.

Eto was very calm in that incident, and didnt fuel the fire.

To imply Penny was a coward would shine a very dark cloud over Creagh v that prick Hodges.

Our Captain backtracked. By my standards, thats OK. By others, fear was the main ingredient.
Seen tall and big men decked by smaller varieties. Proves nothing, other than Eto has a level head. The emotion could have overtaken his senses. It didnt. Kudos to both.

Very different to the Creagh/Hodges incident. Creagh didnt go in with the intention of fighting.

Penny clearly got up enraged and firey. That changed as soon as he saw Eto.

Take it easy brother, I was merely responding to the topic, unlike many it is water under the bridge for me.

We needed financial relief and sooner or later we will find another class was winger

BennyV

Referee
Great bump! Some gold in this thread (even a comment from myself re: Morris playing fullback)..

Nabuli will be starting winger. He adds much needed height and threat for cross field kicks, he adds much needed speed out wide, he adds much needed size for kick returns and dummy half scoots. He's needed and he'll be picked. He's been impressive in every outing thus far so unless he has an absolute shocker against warrington then its his spot.

I have a very funny feeling that Brett Morris will struggle this year w being played out of position and won't offer the Bulldogs the return they're looking for where I really believe Nabuli could end up being the find of the year and therefore offering unbelievable value at. $60,000..

Morris who?

Agree re: positional play - watched the 2012 ANZAC Day highlights recently, the guy really struggled to read attacking kicks and the like. Not a fullback.

But TheRev provides the voice of reason and wins the thread!

Nabuli might be sacked after 2 rounds for all we know, then his value will be null and void.

giboz71

First Grade
As I said in another thread, I didn't mind the strategy seeing we had cap issues. Other sides manage with cut price wingers and a number of Fijian flyers have had success (Uate, Radrara, Korobiete).

Was just disappointing, that all we came up with was Nabuli. Compare that to Rona at the Dogs who was unknown prior to this year and will likely be the leading try scorer this year. Don't think he would have cost a bomb.

Say what we like about the likes of Dogs and Roosters and their bags of cash, but they can unearth talent as well, much better than us.

to_ddeath

Coach
As I said in another thread, I didn't mind the strategy seeing we had cap issues. Other sides manage with cut price wingers and a number of Fijian flyers have had success (Uate, Radrara, Korobiete).

Was just disappointing, that all we came up with was Nabuli. Compare that to Rona at the Dogs who was unknown prior to this year and will likely be the leading try scorer this year. Don't think he would have cost a bomb.

Say what we like about the likes of Dogs and Roosters and their bags of cash, but they can unearth talent as well, much better than us.

Farrell is on approx. 100k more than Rona (even with TPPs included). F.A.C.T.
Says a lot about how we are run.

T.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Farrell wasn't hired by the current recruitment team. Says nothing about how we are run ATM. Mind you Rona would have been a wonderful addition.

Last edited: