What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will provide better value for money - NABULI or MORRIS

Minh

First Grade
BMoz had really bad hands early in his FG career until Bennett fixed the problem.

Twenty10

Juniors
Nabuli will be starting winger. He adds much needed height and threat for cross field kicks, he adds much needed speed out wide, he adds much needed size for kick returns and dummy half scoots. He's needed and he'll be picked. He's been impressive in every outing thus far so unless he has an absolute shocker against warrington then its his spot.

BennyV

Referee
B MOZ is another who has major dramas under the high ball , at his times at full back for the Dragons
He is sure to be targetted by rival coaches if hasler puts him at full back
Positional play at No 1 was also ordinary
A major gamble by the Bulldogs ;-)

Agree re: positional play - watched the 2012 ANZAC Day highlights recently, the guy really struggled to read attacking kicks and the like. Not a fullback.

Minh

First Grade
Nabuli will be starting winger. He adds much needed height and threat for cross field kicks, he adds much needed speed out wide, he adds much needed size for kick returns and dummy half scoots. He's needed and he'll be picked. He's been impressive in every outing thus far so unless he has an absolute shocker against warrington then its his spot.

Agree

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Nabuli scores more than 15 tries then he basically has done what BMoz has so it will prove to be a good deal for the Dragons.

As for bad hands so has Radrada at Eels and Uate at Knights. Must be the Fijian blood? Are they Fijian as well?

BennyV

Referee
If Nabuli scores more than 15 tries then he basically has done what BMoz has so it will prove to be a good deal for the Dragons.

As for bad hands so has Radrada at Eels and Uate at Knights. Must be the Fijian blood? Are they Fijian as well?

A try saved is a try earned. If Nabuli can score those tries plus stop the number of tries BMoz was able to, then naybe I'll believe you.

bottle

Coach
Scoring tries.
Saving tries.
Defusing bombs.
Positioning in defense.
Kick returns.
First hit ups.

There's a few things to get right.

FlameThrower

Bench

I clearly recall both Morris boys having "Bad hands" and Gus Gould even making comment on it ...

SilentAssassin

Juniors
I thought he was really solid against Warrington.

Obviously no Morris but at the price difference I'm happy as wingers aren't worth the big $ especially in this dragons side. Need to extra $$ to get some quality forwards.

I wasn't overly fussed with Merrin leaving but this game highlighted his importance imo. Looked far more dangerous when he was on. Going to be harder to replace then I thought.

Mr Red

First Grade
A try saved is a try earned. If Nabuli can score those tries plus stop the number of tries BMoz was able to, then naybe I'll believe you.

Exactly .
And it's already evident in a few trial matches just how much we miss Morris bringing the ball back from dummy half out of our 20m...

Puff2010

Juniors
BMoz is in a league of his own. However its about salary cap, and $s that BMoz is now on is big bickies for a winger. Reality had to kick in. Nabuli will give us good value and will end up a crowd favourite

Cagey Mac

Bench
Nabuli showed great technique under the high ball in difficult conditions, didn't get a lit of good ball in attack and his defence was okay barring the high grab and he was completely airborne when that happened

TheRev

First Grade
Ive mentioned this before, but I think Nabuli is still too raw for first grade, his error rate is worse than Vidot back in his hayday.

Not saying he wont make it with training, just that he looks very early on his development cycle, he also suffers from a lack of acceleration, so imo Mary is the one who need to ensure he hits the line @ speed as often as possible, to use his big frame to more effect & he has to learn to try and bust a tackle himself or hold onto the pill, he seems to have that 9's / Rugby mentality of "having to" get rid of the ball at every opportunity.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Ive mentioned this before, but I think Nabuli is still too raw for first grade, his error rate is worse than Vidot back in his hayday.

Not saying he wont make it with training, just that he looks very early on his development cycle, he also suffers from a lack of acceleration, so imo Mary is the one who need to ensure he hits the line @ speed as often as possible, to use his big frame to more effect & he has to learn to try and bust a tackle himself or hold onto the pill, he seems to have that 9's / Rugby mentality of "having to" get rid of the ball at every opportunity.

Yeah, Very much agree with him needing to learn to die with the pill. He does look like he enjoys a good offload at the death. haha