What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you like to see appointed as Dragons Coach for 2015 on

Who would you like to see appointed as Dragons Coach from 2015 on

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twinkletoes

Juniors
The time has now come to select the coach. If as many are saying we should wait to the end of the season to see how McGregor goes, it means he is the wrong man. The results of 4 more games should not determine if he has the abilities we need to be our coach...if he is the right man he should have shown by now that he is capable. Alas he is not...I was hoping he would prove himself.

Time to look elsewhere, and I don't want to hear from the club that they will NOW undertake a review and interview prospective coaches. That process should have been long completed and due diligience carried out. They should already have a preferred candidate lined up, and I don't mean McGregor, selected and be making an offer...

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
Doust did have a preferred candidate. It's just he took Murdochs $$.
I do hope we get Someone outside the club. Would accept Sheens or Henry.

St Tangles

Bench
No matter who the coach is we need a couple of new Forwards.
So Doust appoint a coach and buy some players.
Do your job or step aside.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Question for McGregor fans:

How is he any different from Price?

We are predictable.
We get dominated.
We make lots of errors & penalties.
Makes the same selections, regardless of on field performance.

He's no different, & part of the problem. He's failed at every position in this club.

And people want to sign him...... lol, f**k me.

hazzbeen

Bench

We are predictable.
We get dominated.

He's no different, & part of the problem. He's failed at every position in this club.

Been saying the same thing........PLAYING DRAGON FOOTY.......

dragonreddy

Juniors
GKD IS 100% IN his summary

For a side that had so much to play for ,as we have been getting told by the dribble written daily in the press, in making the finals,they certainly weren't prepared well.

In the context of the season that could well have been the most important game to win, and the best we could give was a disinterested turnout like that.

Perhaps our players should spend less time talking s..t to reporters and more time trying to get their mind on the job.

The players all say they back Mary for the coaching gig full time ,but they said the same of PRICE right up until he was sacked,now they are saying that they had it too easy at training during Price's stint, so judging by today's performance you would have to ask is the 100% backing fair dinkum, it didn't look like it considering how critical the game was.

Finals = fantasy now cutof for the 8 will be 30.

Last edited:

We are predictable.
We get dominated.

This is our current Dragons to a T .

The playing style at Dragons since Steve Price was appointed as coach has been incoherent and clumsy, ill disciplined and stuck in 2nd gear.

It's actually the same under Paul Macgregor, just the best version of it.

It will take a long time to change it.

How Adam Quinlan holds down a spot in the side is bewildering.

St Georgio

Juniors
Paul McGregor failed today to save his chances to be given the top job.
No to Mary.. No Mary.
Tim Sheens, Nathan Brown, Jason Taylor

northernsaint

Juniors
This is our current Dragons to a T .

The playing style at Dragons since Steve Price was appointed as coach has been incoherent and clumsy, ill disciplined and stuck in 2nd gear.

It's actually the same under Paul Macgregor, just the best version of it.

It will take a long time to change it.

How Adam Quinlan holds down a spot in the side is bewildering.

I was prepared to give Macgregor the benefit of the doubt, -----But---- after this performance with selection of Hunt, Harison, Ah Mour & Quinlan there is a big question mark on Paul taking us any further than Price would have. Admittedly I`m not up with the injuries which can cause selection problems. But shorely they should be coached to get of their line. We conceded far to much on this alone. Also, whats with this kicking thing when we have tackles to spare. This isn`t the first game that early kicking has likely had a bearing on the result.
A likely loss against the Raiders = season over.

Dicko1

Juniors
I too am frustrated at the lack of intensity, line speed and contact in our defence. You just sit there and watch teams take easy metres while the Dragons stand and wait for them and then give up a quick okay the ball for the sequence to repeat. The defence needs to show some aggression.

In the time since Dragon's official-dom announced a 6 month duration to appoint a coach for 2015 and beyond, 3x NRL coaches have been signed or are about to be by our competitors (Bennett/Broncos, Stone/Knights, Sheens/Titans). With another position to be filled at Tigers shaping as a distinct possibility, our poll is rapidly losing candidates. Then there's Canberra!

Hec, we might be looking at a choice between Mick potter, Ricky Stuart and Steve Price.

It is rapidly turning to shit - all in the right-in-front-of-me-section.

Poor Peter Doust.

Somehow, he just cannot seem to read the market externally, nor read the play internally.

Just as well none of this is his fault.

nrlnrl

First Grade
that was rubbish today - no idea & no effort, just out enthused & outplayed

Please don't appoint Paul McGregor as full-time coach, it's only the old effect of the previous coach being clueless & not respected by the playing group. Yes the players can say how much they want him to be fulltime coach, but that's only a reaction t othe person who was head coach previously. Paul McGregor's honeymoon period is OVER !

As others have said picking Dan Hunt today so he could reach 150 games was an act of stupidity. There is no place for this type of sentiment. As a number of us have been saying, Adam Quinlan is NOT an NRL player, he continually puts others around him under pressure with his lack of confidence & terrible decision making when he has the ball. He's had his trial & he is simply not up to the standard required & Josh Dugan must be selected at fullback.

hazzbeen

Bench
that was rubbish today - no idea & no effort, just out enthused & outplayed

Please don't appoint Paul McGregor as full-time coach, it's only the old effect of the previous coach being clueless & not respected by the playing group. Yes the players can say how much they want him to be fulltime coach, but that's only a reaction t othe person who was head coach previously. Paul McGregor's honeymoon period is OVER !

As others have said picking Dan Hunt today so he could reach 150 games was an act of stupidity. There is no place for this type of sentiment. As a number of us have been saying, Adam Quinlan is NOT an NRL player, he continually puts others around him under pressure with his lack of confidence & terrible decision making when he has the ball. He's had his trial & he is simply not up to the standard required & Josh Dugan must be selected at fullback.

Nothing has changed its the boys club looking after each other. Need a coach with balls that will make the hard decisions like Maguire from Souths .Nathan Merritt is the most prolific try scorer in South Sydney history, dropped .If it was a dragons player he would have been kept on till he collected the pension. BOYS CLUB OVER AGAIN WITH MARY......