What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you like to see appointed as Dragons Coach for 2015 on

Who would you like to see appointed as Dragons Coach from 2015 on

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I also think Sheens is the right choice.

But regardless, Marshall, who has only been with us for 5 minutes, shouldn't be commenting on such matters. Regardless of what you think of Mary, its just plain disrespectful. Someone needs to tell Marshall that this isn't the Tigers, so he needs to keep his trap shut.

Godz Illa

Coach
WTF,how is Griffin considered for our coaching option.He has done juanFARKALL with the Broncs,hence been punted.
I'm not a huge Griffin fan. But, if they make the finals this year (and they are on track to do so) it will be 3 finals appearances in 4 seasons he's been in charge

hazzbeen

Bench
dragonreddy........this.................. would anyone on here put MARY as AUSTRALIAN coach..........sums it up .............. has to be better than the internal club that is untouchable....... Sheens has to take control and clean the place out if he comes.........

dragonreddy

Juniors
I also think Sheens is the right choice.

But regardless, Marshall, who has only been with us for 5 minutes, shouldn't be commenting on such matters. Regardless of what you think of Mary, its just plain disrespectful. Someone needs to tell Marshall that this isn't the Tigers, so he needs to keep his trap shut.

Agree about Marshall commenting,I have mentioned this before and got my head chewed off as a BENJI hater.

He seems to be the one the press want to go to the most for comment ,he needs to know when to say no.

We are stuck with him( Marshall) so SHEENS may be able to extract maximum value from the salary cap he chews up.

rainman44

Bench
With our young football team and the batch of kids that are very special in our 20s, we dont want to waste this next 2 to 5 years. With Sheens and a couple of big forwards i think we have what it takes if Doust and the board make the right decision.

jenninga

First Grade
Agree about Marshall commenting,I have mentioned this before and got my head chewed off as a BENJI hater.

He seems to be the one the press want to go to the most for comment ,he needs to know when to say no.

We are stuck with him( Marshall) so SHEENS may be able to extract maximum value from the salary cap he chews up.[/QUOTE]

Bit unfair on Benji,the guy has always been upfront and says what he feels,unlike the cliché driven antics of others.
And chewing up the cap,no wonder you are accused of being a Benji hater,too obvious man.

denis preston

First Grade
Sheens with McGregor assistant. Sheens will also attract players .

Where did this Barrett thing start? Would it be the Wollongong connection floating out the rumour to see the reaction ?

Mr Red

First Grade
Barrett IMO was a "dumb" footballer who relied solely on his physical attributes on the field for most of his success.
i doubt he has the footy "Smarts" to become a decent coach..

jenninga

First Grade
I'm not a huge Griffin fan. But, if they make the finals this year (and they are on track to do so) it will be 3 finals appearances in 4 seasons he's been in charge

Fair enough,i actually hope he wins the comp (if we don't ) ,reckon he's been hard done by.He has seen many of the players through the ranks to first grade so is familiar with them.
Don't think he's coached elsewhere and we need someone experienced I feel.

St Georgio

Juniors
Sheen as head coach/Mary assistant to take over when Sheens is finished.
Second option.
Mary as head coach/ Potter assistant or someone else worthy.

No to JT and No to Barrett.

Last edited:

dragonreddy

Juniors

We are stuck with him( Marshall) so SHEENS may be able to extract maximum value from the salary cap he chews up.[/QUOTE]

Bit unfair on Benji,the guy has always been upfront and says what he feels,unlike the cliché driven antics of others.
And chewing up the cap,no wonder you are accused of being a Benji hater,too obvious man.

I am changing my view on him as he has been pretty candid in his summation of where he is at,I hope is good for us ,but he needs improvement on where he is at at the moment,he has pretty much said that.

I'm CERTAINLY NO HATER ,he has achieved a lot in the game no doubt,but he is getting paid good money and he needs to earn it,lets hope that happens next year,SHEENS may well be the man to help him achieve that.

Last edited:

Como Connection

First Grade
Barrett IMO was a "dumb" footballer who relied solely on his physical attributes on the field for most of his success.
i doubt he has the footy "Smarts" to become a decent coach..
100% right, if Sheens does come over we have McGregor, Young and Hornby in the wings.
How do you reckon they will feel if Barrett blows in.
Can see Bennett asking either or both of Young and Hornby to join his team.
If Sheens insists on Barrett I say thanks but no thanks.

grouch

First Grade
Wouldn't be surprised if any potential incoming coach has done their own "due diligence" on McGregor's loyalty as an assistant under Price, and chooses not to keep him around

Slippery Morris

First Grade
1 year under Cleary and 2 years under Sheens. That is great experience for Barrett. Why not go for him. I think it would be a great choice and is doing a fantastic job at the Panthers juniors. He has got them up and prepares them well so when they do go to play in the NRL the first grade team does not miss a beat.

Sheens/ Barrett combo would be ideal for the Saints. Bring it on please.

St Georgio

Juniors
1 year under Cleary and 2 years under Sheens. That is great experience for Barrett. Why not go for him. I think it would be a great choice and is doing a fantastic job at the Panthers juniors. He has got them up and prepares them well so when they do go to play in the NRL the first grade team does not miss a beat.

:sarcasm:

jenninga

First Grade

No doubt Barrett is getting good experience with Cleary and in the Origin coaching team.One issue with Barrett may be his man management skills ,when he was our captain he tended to go off at players quite often,perhaps he has matured and may eventually be a decent coach.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
No doubt Barrett is getting good experience with Cleary and in the Origin coaching team.One issue with Barrett may be his man management skills ,when he was our captain he tended to go off at players quite often,perhaps he has matured and may eventually be a decent coach.

3 Stooges come to mind....

Doust slapping Mary, Mary slapping Barrett, Widdop slapping Barrett.....

Barrett struggles to string two sentences together. How will that equate to a game plan?
No thank you, enjoy your award winning efforts and memories from The Scum, Trent :lol:

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Trent 'The Face' Barrett. Had a chance to come back to the Dragons to win a comp, instead opted for the scum. Wise choice for both him and us.

Redvpassion

Juniors
3 Stooges come to mind....

Doust slapping Mary, Mary slapping Barrett, Widdop slapping Barrett.....

Barrett struggles to string two sentences together. How will that equate to a game plan?
No thank you, enjoy your award winning efforts and memories from The Scum, Trent :lol:

Was thinking the exact same thing. The guy speaks with a soft tone. :lol: imagin the outburst of a bad game. :lol:

Last edited: