What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you like to see appointed as Dragons Coach for 2015 on

Who would you like to see appointed as Dragons Coach from 2015 on

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
I think in the last couple of years, it has shown that new blood in the NRL coaching box has done well; Macguire and Robinson speak for themselves. Toovey is relatively new. There are the top three sides. I truly think new blood, Browny or someone back with new ideas from England is not a bad idea. No-one really ticks all the boxes except those signed in my eyes. Mary with a really experienced assistant or two, definitely outside of the Dragons, does not look too bad either.

In saying that, if you are as good as your last game, Sheens is the man. The world cup; barely a point was scored against us and even though we had the equivalent of marvel superheroes vs mere mortals, the national side was very, very well drilled. Sheens also had the 2010 GF booked if not for our infamous Soward field goal.

Only time will tell with our next coach. Good luck to them... the poor bastard coaching our team will need our support regardless of name.

possm

Coach
possm, there is a rumour doing the rounds (unsubstantiated) that BMoz will bale if Sheens is assigned.
If that were true, and it may not be, would you still want Sheens?

I don't believe that rumour for a minute. Moz is a Dragon through and through and in my opinion one of the best champions the Club has ever seen. He won't leave the Dragons and from what I understand, has never had a run in with Sheens - his Australain coach.

Just another attempt by the Mary lovers (use to be Price lovers) to muddy the waters.

jenninga

First Grade
Word is that Barrett is held in high regard as a good future coach by quite a few peopl in the know. However, if the Sheens/Barrett combo came on board I would hope to hell that they arent guaranteeing anyone a future job, and that every coaching decision is made on its merits with the past 3 years in mind...

My suspicion is Barrett has waited a long time to slap a player in the face.

bottle

Coach
I don't believe that rumour for a minute. Moz is a Dragon through and through and in my opinion one of the best champions the Club has ever seen. He won't leave the Dragons and from what I understand, has never had a run in with Sheens - his Australain coach.

Just another attempt by the Mary lovers (use to be Price lovers) to muddy the waters.

You've avoided answering the question.
I can't comment on the voracity of the rumour. Things are said all the time, here and elsewhere.
My question was, if there were any truth to the rumour would you still support Sheens if it meant losing Brett?
It's a simple question. My answer would be an instantaneous and vehement no. Yours?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Nothing to answer because it is not happening. BMoz will be a 1 club man because he wants to simple as that. He loves the Dragons and won't jump ship becuase of Sheens. If he wanted to jump ship he would have when Price was coaching and he was hardly getting any ball. Now he has Marshall and Widdop providing quality ball to the wingers.

grouch

First Grade
Would you support signing Jack Gibson's zombie if it resulted in your dearly departed ancestors also rising from the grave to eat your brains? IT'S A SIMPLE QUESTION

Dragonnic

Juniors
I would feel very sad for Mary if he is forced to go. He has done a great job. Cant he be an assistant? Wheres the loyalty to a club great?

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I would feel very sad for Mary if he is forced to go. He has done a great job. Cant he be an assistant? Wheres the loyalty to a club great?

Difficult situation for Mary......but the decision has to be made with the best interests for all stakeholders involved with the club.

GT0007

Juniors

I like Mary and I'd hate to see him shafted but if someone else comes in they're entitled to select their own assistant and staff as its their ass on the line. If Mary doesn't get either job I hope they keep him on in some Capacity, Maybe back to the Cutters?

possm

Coach
You've avoided answering the question.
I can't comment on the voracity of the rumour. Things are said all the time, here and elsewhere.
My question was, if there were any truth to the rumour would you still support Sheens if it meant losing Brett?
It's a simple question. My answer would be an instantaneous and vehement no. Yours?

I don't really feel compelled to answer your question as there is no such situation hower, may I just say that no individual, be it a player, a coach or an administrator, is greater then our famous Club. So if Morris decided to move on, then that is his decision. It would be up to Doust and the Board to sit down with Morris and convince him to do otherwise. In saying this I do not think it will ever eventuate; Morris is a Dragon through and through.

Remember, Morris put up with Price and his crazy game plans for close to three years. Morris extended his contract during that period even though the Dogs expressed an interest in signing him. Starved of the ball and cramped to skinny space near the side line, he did the best he could for the team without a hint of dissatisfaction.

Our Club needs a good experienced coach at this point in time. Mary may prove to be an excellent NRL coach however, in my opinion he needs more experience at the top level.

I have said it before, if a head coach in the NRL is what Mary wants to be, then it would be better for him to take on that role in Super League. In the past others on here have said that Mary has local buinesses interests and so, would not move to England. That is fine, Mary is entitled to follow the career he feels most comfortable with. Our Club should not be in the business of hiring a head coach as a matter of convenience to a candidate. The number one criteria should be, what is in the best interest of the Dragons.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Is anyone else prepared to throw a few $$ in to get possm's glasses/eyes re-done. I'm over the old man barely able to see blue 45 size font.

1334254977-old-man-computer.jpg

bottle

Coach
Cheers possm. Was just interested in your view.
My question though had nothing to do with any opinion I may have of Mary one way or the other. Was related purely to your support of Sheens.

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
Dragonnic....[I would feel very sad for Mary if he is forced to go]. I hear you BUT this is the problem....... With players coaching staff at this club ........ If we want to win another premiership we cant FEEL SORRY for no one.........

DUB888

Juniors

I don't really feel compelled to answer your question as there is no such situation hower, may I just say that no individual, be it a player, a coach or an administrator, is greater then our famous Club. So if Morris decided to move on, then that is his decision. It would be up to Doust and the Board to sit down with Morris and convince him to do otherwise. In saying this I do not think it will ever eventuate; Morris is a Dragon through and through.

Remember, Morris put up with Price and his crazy game plans for close to three years. Morris extended his contract during that period even though the Dogs expressed an interest in signing him. Starved of the ball and cramped to skinny space near the side line, he did the best he could for the team without a hint of dissatisfaction.

Our Club needs a good experienced coach at this point in time. Mary may prove to be an excellent NRL coach however, in my opinion he needs more experience at the top level.

I have said it before, if a head coach in the NRL is what Mary wants to be, then it would be better for him to take on that role in Super League. In the past others on here have said that Mary has local buinesses interests and so, would not move to England. That is fine, Mary is entitled to follow the career he feels most comfortable with. Our Club should not be in the business of hiring a head coach as a matter of convenience to a candidate. The number one criteria should be, what is in the best interest of the Dragons.

:thumb

possm

Coach
Is anyone else prepared to throw a few $$ in to get possm's glasses/eyes re-done. I'm over the old man barely able to see blue 45 size font.

1334254977-old-man-computer.jpg

I am very sorry if I am causing you and some others on here inconvenience. To post at this size is a difficult task for me.

No need to put $$ in for glasses, surgery or other treatment. I have plenty of $$ of my own. The fact is that nothing can be done for me.

Last week I was introduced to my new white cane which will no doubt soon become my best friend in my retirement years.

I enjoy the chat on this forum and if I can, I will find a way to rid you of the large blue print. This large blue print was suggested to me by my ophthalmologist and proved to be successful for me at this stage.

I have discovered, when you can't see what you are typing, it makes if very hard with spelling and grammar. I'd say I probably spend 3 times as long as most members on hear just writing my posts and then correcting all the errors. I have tried voice activation but it does not really help.

Enjoy your sight and look after your eyes. I really did not realize how precious sight is and I am sure you will only realize this if you one day find yourself in the same position.

Try and be a bit patient with me and I will do my best to solve this large blue print problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts