What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club?Jamie Soward or Mitchell Pearce..

Dragon_psa

First Grade
hahahah hey it's always a tough game against the Chookies. i'm not entirely confident. it could go either way!

Speak for yourself mate! We're going to tear the hens a new one on ANZAC Day. Roosters tough? :lol:

sass

Juniors
especially against the roosters. god their form so far is ... I don't even know.

Dutchy

Immortal
I hope you are referring to Pearce senior, because Mitchell Pearce is not in the same galaxy as Johnathan Thurston. If it wasn't for a family name, Peaerce would be playing NSW cup at best.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

bullsh*t. Mitchell Pearce is the Worlds best halfback at the moment.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Thought I'd resurrect this one. Both players had good games last night, Pearce's bombed try notwithstanding. To answer the original question, I'd take Soward if it is a choice between the two, but I wouldn't mind Soward at 6, Pearce at 7 either.

I'd also like to direct all those who have lambasted Soward for his defence to the hit he put on Mateo last night.

Dutchy

Immortal
Pearce is still the greatest player in the NRL and the world.

Defo for SOO. Looked so good out there today. Too bad the other 16 players were sh*t.

Slackboy72

Coach
I hope someone is bookmarking the Dragons fans who think they'll sh*t it in on ANZAC day...

2441881332_7232d6a7fb.jpg

typicalfan

Coach
If I was forced to choose I would say Soward but not by much. Either way Soward is a 5/8 and Pearce is a halfback.

Soward is in tremendous form right now, but its only been 7 rounds and its nothing like the form other 5/8 players like Lockyer or Campese has experienced in the last few years. Don't get too excited otherwise he'll play a bad game soon and he will have a myth thread of his own. :roll:

But yes I would definitely pick Soward.

he also has two of the best defenders protecting him in Scott and Prior

Geohood

Bench
Its funny how fans want to match up Pearce with so many other players. He kept trying today and was probably the best in a flat team. Soward was presented opportunities on a silver platter and his speed enabled him to take full advantage.

typicalfan

Coach
I agree Pearce tried his guts out especially in the first half, He wasn't 100% but that 40 minutes was his best all year imo. Maybe he should get hit with allergies more often. I would have expected his 'top 40 player' Anasta to step up but he did nothing.

And bounce of the ball is definitely going Sowards way but that is the way form is sometimes.

Latest posts