What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club?Jamie Soward or Mitchell Pearce..

Pearce made 11 Soward made 7 now granted Pearce attempted 21 you can cut him some slack but he stilled missed 10 tackles in a grand final.

Pearce made 382 tackles this year and missed 83 while Soward made 259 tackles and missed 65. Now I know missed tackle counts don't indicate the skill level of a player but seriously you're crazy if you think Mitchell's defence isn't one of the best for a half in this competition at the moment. Especially since he doesn't have a boy toy to protect him.

taxidriver

Coach
isn't the whole thread in itself stupid?

both very capable players, both better than average (IMO)

dumb dumb thread

Lol pearce is a very average player.

If it wasn't for his surname, he would struggle to play first grade.

Dean Young = very average player living off the rep of his father.

Mark Gasnier = currently a very average player only getting back into the St George side due to the rep. of his uncle.

Brett Morris = only persisted with through his very early career due to the rep. of his father.

Last edited:

taxidriver

Coach

Mark Gasnier = currently a very average player only getting back into the St George side due to the rep. of his father.

Brett Morris = only persisted with through his very early career due to the rep. of his father.

i see what you are trying to do but who exactly is gasniers dad?

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Wrong.

Was one of the best locks in the game and was in line for an Origin call-up until that horrific broken leg against Cronulla ... what followed was a staph infection which caused him to lose 15kg and teeter on the brink of death ... to come back to where he has is a miracle in itself, and he now has a call-up to the Australian squad to show for it.

Mark Gasnier = currently a very average player only getting back into the St George side due to the rep. of his uncle.
Wrong.

Was brought back due to the fact that he was the best centre in the world when he left the NRL, or at worst 2nd best behind Inglis. Has proven to be a successful purchase, with sublime tries in both Week 1 of the Finals vs Manly and the Grand Final, and his defence has probably outshone even Matt Cooper since he's been back.

Wrong.

Was one of the best juniors coming through his age group from his young teens, everyone ALWAYS knew he was going to be a quality player ... that he is now the best winger in the world is no surprise to anyone who followed him from a young age.

Ulysseus

Bench
Pearce may have some "raw" talent in their somewhere, but Soward follows a game plan.
Therefore at Saints, I'd stick with Soward.

Plus, and without having a jibe at Pearce, Soward performed when it mattered the most, evidenced by his game in the GF where he set up Gasniers try and kicked goals from the sideline despite not being a notably accurate kicker - as opposed to Carney who was clearly rattled by the big day and missed both shots.

adamkungl

Immortal
Carney's goal attempts...woeful. They barely seemed to get off the ground...haven't ever seen him kick like that before. I think you're right that the day got to him.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Morris
Was one of the best juniors coming through his age group from his young teens, everyone ALWAYS knew he was going to be a quality player ... that he is now the best winger in the world is no surprise to anyone who followed him from a young age.

very very big call. To me, he does not perform well under pressure. Has come up with some terrible handling errors on the big stage in SoO and for Aust at crucial times.. in the GF also with that forward pass.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Wrong.

Manu Vatuvei.

SET2JT

Juniors
I'd have him number 2, Vatuvei has been top class ever since his nightmare game against the eels a few years back, Uate has 1 season (of excellence granted) to his name.
Manu is still inconsistent. He still drops the ball once a game.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
My Morris call was hyperbole, used to contrast with the other guy's remark that he is a "very average" player living off the rep of his father. Whether he is the best in the world or not is irrelevant.

Suffice to say from this Dragons fan's point of view, I wouldn't swap Morris+Nightingale for any other wing pairing in the comp - they give us exactly what we need, nothing more, nothing less!

Armageddon.

Juniors
This is like asking if you would you rather an elephant step on your balls or have your jugular vain cut open.

eozsmiles

Bench
Pearce will be a good player with a good coach. The fact that he hasn't spoken to the last two has seriously stunted his development. He thought Smith was sh!t and couldn't teach him anything. Freddy was just sh!t and didn't really coach them. Now he has a new bloke and if they click then Pearce will turn out just fine.

Latest posts