What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club?Jamie Soward or Mitchell Pearce..

Soward went missing the whole time in attack great boot but far our he was hiding down the short side most the game so he wouldnt touch the ball..

Pearce had little involvement in the Grand Final, and I thought he was poor in our last clash at the SCG as well. It seems to me he's gone missing in the big games of his career so far, Origin included.

Nevertheless he's a great talent, and considering he's so young, it's not at all surprising that he hasn't dominated in the big games yet. I'd still pick him for Origin, because it's only a matter of when, not if.

hattori hanzo

Juniors
To answer the OP. At the Broncos we have a pretty handy 5/8 so I'd go Pearce to fill our HB spot but I'm still sceptical on wether Pearce can handle the High pressure matches I'm yet to see proof he's a big game player.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Soward took a back seat to Ben Hornby in the GF. But he still did more than Pearce, Made some very crucial tackles, and his kick for Gasnier's try was one of the best you'll see. Completely fooled the defence about where he was kicking it.

Having said that, I'd still like to see both in my team.

blake1979

Juniors
I would take Pearce although i do think Soward is the most improved player over the last couple of years.

The issue i have with Soward is if he loses form he gets very down on himself . Im interested to see how he goes when the Dragons are not going so well (Im hoping thats next Year :p) thats when he appears to struggle with form and confidence ,where as Pearce was still performing last year when the chips were down.

Gaba

First Grade
Pearce goes missing in games , he puts too much pressure on the 5/8 to do the attack , pearce is predictable he has only the kick in attack against defensive teams.

Roosters have shown they dont need pearce at halfback, carney won 4 out of 5 in at position , why roosters will struggle to win a grand final with pearce at halfback he isnt an attacking player in the games where teams lift in defence.

Last edited:

blake1979

Juniors
Pearce goes missing in games , he puts too much pressure on the 5/8 to do the attack , pearce is predictable he has only the kick in attack against defensive teams.

Roosters have shown they dont need pearce at halfback, carney won 4 out of 5 in at position , why roosters will struggle to win a grand final with pearce at halfback he isnt an attacking player in the games where teams lift in defence.

He did set up a try in the grand final without kicking

Yet. The kid is young, and has another decade playing top class football. It will come.

blake1979 said:
He did set up a try in the grand final without kicking.

I would say, that although Pearce did do well for the try, it was more a result of Aubusson beating Cooper and Hornby than anything else

blake1979

Juniors
Yet. The kid is young, and has another decade playing top class football. It will come.

I would say, that although Pearce did do well for the try, it was more a result of Aubusson beating Cooper and Hornby than anything else

I still think Pearce did put him in a hole where he may have scored , but your right he definately did do well to go round Cooper and hornby