What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club?Jamie Soward or Mitchell Pearce..

Tommy Smith

Referee
This thread is a pisstake, isn't it?

Wasn't Soward dropped earlier this year? And now after a few good games he's Superman?

Soward is a good player, but already at the age of 19 Pearce has a far more well-rounded game. Wait until he's the same age as Soward, he'll be the best halfback in the game by then.

This thread is a pisstake, isn't it?

Wasn't Soward dropped earlier this year? And now after a few good games he's Superman?

Soward is a good player, but already at the age of 19 Pearce has a far more well-rounded game. Wait until he's the same age as Soward, he'll be the best halfback in the game by then.

watch saints and come back and say that.

i remember last year the roosters had won any games at all with pearce at half back.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Was he or was he not dropped earlier this year? We'll see how good and consistent he is now the Origin period is over and there's no more NYC teams to play against.

For the record i expect the Saints to make the semis, but like i said a good 6-7 week period around the Saints dream Origin period draw after being dropped does not make him a classy and consistent performer.

The heat is on for all teams now at the business end of the season, lets see how he goes. Same goes for Pearce.

Slippers

Juniors
Anyone who watched Soward in the PL GF a few years ago knows he goes missing when the chips are down.

Of course he looks like a world beater playing through arguably the easiest draw a team has ever had in the history of the game. We'll see what happens come finals time.. if they make it.

As to the question; Pearce, any day of the week.

smacky

Juniors
The thing is soward is such a better player at 5/8th than half as seen with his swtich there. As a dragons supporter im not sure who id rather have but im very happy with how soward has gone for us at 5/8th and he fits in with the dragons so much better than he ever would at the roosters

Was he or was he not dropped earlier this year? We'll see how good and consistent he is now the Origin period is over and there's no more NYC teams to play against.

For the record i expect the Saints to make the semis, but like i said a good 6-7 week period around the Saints dream Origin period draw after being dropped does not make him a classy and consistent performer.

The heat is on for all teams now at the business end of the season, lets see how he goes. Same goes for Pearce.

like i said before, how did pearce go last year for the chooks.

hes hardly a superstar.

hybrid_tiger

Coach

hes hardly a superstar.

Pearce was just 18 last year and thrown into the deep end probably before his time.

Considering the circumstances, he's done remarkably well and is a quality player.

You've really got no clue for someone who parades himself as an expert on the game.

Choppies

Coach
LOL @ Chandos yet again.
Pearce was 17 when he debuted and in a side that for the most past of 2007 would rather have lived on Mars than be coached by Chris Anderson.
Pearce was one of the few players in the early part of last season that gave a sh*t and had a big part in the games the Roosters won late April to June last season.
Plus having a back injury that keeps you out for a large chunk of the year dosen't help much either.

Ribs

Bench
Given we were stuck with Trent f*cking Barrett for so many years, Im just over the moon we have Soward.

Mr Saab

Referee
An arrogant 19 year old who's only involvement in the game is to kick the ball.

Have you met him? I did. Met him at a north shore bar 2 weeks before Origin one. He is down to earth, easy to talk to. Actually spoke to him about his chances for Origin and he said "naaah not this year, no chance"
7 weeks later here we are.

As for the question. Pearce by the length of Vaganas goatee.

Mr Saab

Referee

hes hardly a superstar.

How did Andrew Johns go in his rookie yr? Recall the team lost their last 7 games.
NO chandos, i am not comparing Johns and Pearce as players, but dont go off like a complete spastic without looking at the big picture.

Pearce was just 18 last year and thrown into the deep end probably before his time.

Considering the circumstances, he's done remarkably well and is a quality player.

You've really got no clue for someone who parades himself as an expert on the game.

i said hes not a superstar today.

remember the talk about tim smith.

potential is one thing.

being a superstar in the nrl is another. he is not a superstar now.

week to week id put soward ahead of him.

How did Andrew Johns go in his rookie yr? Recall the team lost their last 7 games.
NO chandos, i am not comparing Johns and Pearce as players, but dont go off like a complete spastic without looking at the big picture.

joey scored something like over 20 points in his first game, so he was good from the start.

since pearce is playing origin, im measuring him against that level.

hey, he might have a blinder tonight and show he has potential.

from what ive seen so far, hes a good first grader with potential

if he wasnt juniors kid, he wouldnt be playing origin tonight

LOL @ Chandos yet again.
Pearce was 17 when he debuted and in a side that for the most past of 2007 would rather have lived on Mars than be coached by Chris Anderson.
Pearce was one of the few players in the early part of last season that gave a sh*t and had a big part in the games the Roosters won late April to June last season.
Plus having a back injury that keeps you out for a large chunk of the year dosen't help much either.

im talking about the games he played you goose.

Brycey

Juniors
Pearce will steer the ship in the right direction.

Soward is a gamebreaker, a match turner etc.

They both have very different but very good reasons to be wanted in any team.

Latest posts