What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club?Jamie Soward or Mitchell Pearce..

Sir Biffo

Bench
Pearce will steer the ship in the right direction.

Soward is a gamebreaker, a match turner etc.

They both have very different but very good reasons to be wanted in any team.

Yep pretty much spot on.

I think the Roosters would do very well with a 6. Soward & 7. Pearce, as Braith isn't really the kind of guy who will come up with a miracle chip and chase or something like Soward can.

At the Dragons we have Hornby to fulfill the organising role and he's doing a pretty good job at the moment, so I'm happy with Soward.

Pearce will steer the ship in the right direction.

Soward is a gamebreaker, a match turner etc.

They both have very different but very good reasons to be wanted in any team.

wow, finally a post where i agree with you.

im going to lie down now.

j0nesy

Bench
As a Dragon's supporter I'd rather Soward. I'm not saying Soward's a better player, he just suits our squad and our style of play. Soward and Pearce are different players. Pearce is a genuine halfback, I know it's early days but I think Pearce is going to be a good'un.

Patorick

Staff member
Um, Soward is a five-eight, Pearce is a halfback.

Manly have a halfback in Orford.

Thus my answer is Soward.

Pearce is a much better player though.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
i said hes not a superstar today.

remember the talk about tim smith.

potential is one thing.

being a superstar in the nrl is another. he is not a superstar now.

week to week id put soward ahead of him.

Tim Smith was a statue that passed and kicked before the line and never ran the football. He was average.

The Dragons win a few games against rubbish and/or weakened opposition and all of a sudden they have a team of superstars. Give me a break.

Pearce is a much better all round player than Soward.

cq

Juniors
Yep pretty much spot on.

I think the Roosters would do very well with a 6. Soward & 7. Pearce, as Braith isn't really the kind of guy who will come up with a miracle chip and chase or something like Soward can.

At the Dragons we have Hornby to fulfill the organising role and he's doing a pretty good job at the moment, so I'm happy with Soward.

LOL, you must have missed the Roosters golden point win against the Tiges last season.

j0nesy

Bench
The Dragons win a few games against rubbish and/or weakened opposition and all of a sudden they have a team of superstars. Give me a break.

Whereas the Tigers lose against rubbish opposition (e.g. Warriors) :lol:

Good luck with Matt Head BTW, now there's a robust and secure half. Good player but you'll be lucky to 1/2 a season out of him.

Chook Norris

First Grade
like i said before, how did pearce go last year for the chooks.

hes hardly a superstar.

he was thrown into the side at 18, a pathetic side really

it was his first year of first grade...

halfback is the toughest position in the team, and to be thrown into the toughest position, into a side going absolutely crap, is extremely difficult

you say that for him to be a superstar he has to play well in his first year?

pls...
------

oh and yes,

Pearce is a good organiser.. and i prefer that consistency more.. than having to pull something out of your ass every week to creat a miracle try

Last edited:
Tim Smith was a statue that passed and kicked before the line and never ran the football. He was average.

Pearce is a much better all round player than Soward.

yeah the win against manly was a weakened team.

and saints have had cooper and gaznier out as well, but you keep it up/

soward is class, i wouldnt swap him for pearce atm

Ribs

Bench
They're both good Dally, thats the point.

We're happy with Soward, they're happy with Pearce, the others wish they had either.

Sood

Juniors
Soward is a gun. I always rated the kid, and was initially very disappointed in loosing him for Pearce, who i was skeptical about and didn't really know much about at the time.
A year ago i woulda said Soward in a heartbeat.

However, I am now a massive Pearce fan and wouldnt trade him for anyone in the NRL. Not that i think hes that much better then Soward atm, but for the future, hes got the potential to be anything.
Wheather he will reach great heights is anyones guess, ofcourse theres a chance he could be another tim smith.. but there is also a chance he could be the best halfback in the NRL in the next 5 years..

Im happy to take that chance.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
At the time I preferred Lewis over both tbh but he has had a serious fall from grace, he just got released by the Titans. Now I like Pearce a hell of a lot but It wouldbe hard to say no to Soward wanting to join the team again, the way he has played the last few months.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
At the time I preferred Lewis over both tbh but he has had a serious fall from grace, he just got released by the Titans. Now I like Pearce a hell of a lot but It wouldbe hard to say no to Soward wanting to join the team again, the way he has played the last few months.

Gaba

First Grade
The roosters will not win anything wiht pearce or anasta they have no attack or they can do is kick the ball., shown up tonight the roosters have nothing

Jamie soward kills pearce in attacking play all what pearce does is only kick, Looks like the roosters made a big mistake in keeping pearce over soward.

Thankyou roosters for releasing an attacking player and keeping an overrated player who has no attacking skills

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
As a Dragon's supporter I'd rather Soward. I'm not saying Soward's a better player, he just suits our squad and our style of play. Soward and Pearce are different players. Pearce is a genuine halfback, I know it's early days but I think Pearce is going to be a good'un.
I dont think so Pearce is not going to be good, all he is doing is relying on kicks or the inside past. Peacre will never be picked for any rep football again until he can do something other then kick

Like i said thankyou roosters for allowing the dragons to have an attacking weapon in soward, and they keep the one who isnt (pearce)

Last edited:

Chook Norris

First Grade
The roosters will not win anything wiht pearce or anasta they have no attack or they can do is kick the ball., shown up tonight the roosters have nothing

Jamie soward kills pearce in attacking play all what pearce does is only kick, Looks like the roosters made a big mistake in keeping pearce over soward.

Thankyou roosters for releasing an attacking player and keeping an overrated player who has no attacking skills

you sir a moron

will not win anything?

half the roosters trys have been from kicks, their kicks

11 wins is winning nothing now is it?

Latest posts