What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's Brian Scouting in tonights Game???

Hanscholo

Bench
Forgot to mention. Some time ago the raiders forum was talking about potential hookers etc and they kept coming back to this one guy they had in their NYC side that was apparently extremely talented. Forgot to mention it last night and i have no recollection of his name but im thinking smith was there to perhaps have a word with him. The Raiders arent a very strong club at this point, and a young bloke might be tempted by a more seasoned coach making promises.

Flanagan looked ok from what i saw of him on the weekend, but im thinking he is going to be way too pricey. It seems like every club other than Melbourne want him. Which means Manly will pay 450k a season somehow.

Spike

First Grade
Forgot to mention. Some time ago the raiders forum was talking about potential hookers etc and they kept coming back to this one guy they had in their NYC side that was apparently extremely talented. Forgot to mention it last night and i have no recollection of his name but im thinking smith was there to perhaps have a word with him. The Raiders arent a very strong club at this point, and a young bloke might be tempted by a more seasoned coach making promises.

These are all young hookers at the Raiders

Brock Dunn
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Jhy Cockburn
Glen Buttriss
Andrew Stott
Travis Waddell

otori

Juniors
I'd love to sign Ashley Graham to the Knights but I severely doubt he'd leave Townsville. Man would he add some respect to our improving backline though.

macavity

Referee
I honestly dont think we will sign a superstar guys

Smithy has only ever gone into the market hard once - in 2005 (this year notwithstanding)

and we are a better team than the 2004 Eels - I dont think we need to do it again.

I think we will get a few key finge/low profile guys and maybe a few nobodies with the right attitude, and focus on keeping the squad together. I would hate to lose the likes of Uate, Taufua or Bailey because we are throwing coin around outside the club.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
He won't leave, his a Cairns junior and the Cowboys will keep him I think. It's Ben Harris they might have to boot, one of them will have to go seeing as they got Tonga.

bluesbreaker

Bench
I honestly dont think we will sign a superstar guys

Smithy has only ever gone into the market hard once - in 2005 (this year notwithstanding)

and we are a better team than the 2004 Eels - I dont think we need to do it again.

I think we will get a few key finge/low profile guys and maybe a few nobodies with the right attitude, and focus on keeping the squad together. I would hate to lose the likes of Uate, Taufua or Bailey because we are throwing coin around outside the club.

Wasn't Smithy involved in going after those 5 Bulldogs players in 97?

macavity

Referee
that was in 95 mate

before he got to the club

remember, the dogs won in 95 and they all suited up for the Eels in 96

MSKnight

Juniors
Born in Cairns, played for Eels under Smith for 4 years.

Didnt come near the Knights. He should though :p I remember a game where Shane Webcke landed on his ankle and it just went in half like the George Rose injury.

I didnt think Graham would play footy again but he has and is playing great.

Latest posts