What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's going to or is attending the WC?

nadera78

Juniors
Still can't make my mind up about it all. I've been looking forward to this comp for years, and making it a big tour of Aus as the same time. But the sh*t that comes out of the ARL has really put me off, from the stupid structure of the groups right through to the tickets bullsh*t, and with a myriad of decissions in between. We have such a wonderful game, but we contnue to make things difficult for ourselves.

I guess i need to make a decission soon though.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
nadera78 said:
Still can't make my mind up about it all. I've been looking forward to this comp for years, and making it a big tour of Aus as the same time. But the sh*t that comes out of the ARL has really put me off, from the stupid structure of the groups right through to the tickets bullsh*t, and with a myriad of decissions in between. We have such a wonderful game, but we contnue to make things difficult for ourselves.

I guess i need to make a decission soon though.

put it this way - not going won't help.:D

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
miguel de cervantes said:
Exactly. I'm not targeting nadera78 here but there are a lot of people out there who are only spouting off negatives about the WC. What on earth do they expect to happen if they don't get behind the competition?

winnyason

Juniors
for those people going to games, i applaud you and the 200 other people who will be there with you.

Unfortunately, some of us have better things to do than attend fixtures in the farce which is international rugby league.

let me guess f**knuckle you got watch the wallabies play?

nadera78

Juniors
miguel de cervantes said:

Yeah, I know that. But it's a lot of money to spend for what should be a celebration of our game, but given the ARL's track record it could turn out to be a complete farce. I go to a lot of GB games and it costs me to travel from London, etc. Sometimes I just get fed up of the admin f**king things up and just taking me (and all of you) for granted.

I want to go, I just have some quite serious nagging doubts.

Bezant

Juniors
Planning to go to 4, possibly 5 games. Also encouraging at least 9 others to come to the Final.

Can't wait!:D

Nook

Bench
Whatever happens you'll be sweet, Nadera

A bit of footy, laughably good purchasing power for your pounds, Queensland and Sydney and November. Bewdiful.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Pretty much decided to only go to the final in the last couple of days. Doubt I'll go to any others, as I follow the Pura Cup so that takes up a bit of my time anyway.

Cheezel

Juniors
Organised a WC final trip from sydney with 9 other mates

Friday land in Brisvagas go and play golf. Hit the pubs that night.
Saturday go to the races, Saturday night watch the WC final
Sunday recover and fly back!

Also going to WC opener in sydney with 9 mates

the Gong game with 9 mates

Newcastle game with 3 mates

Sydney Semi with 12 mates

I am pumped up.......bring it on!!!!!!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
Most of my mates hate Intl. footy :evil:

It will take a while to get over the farce that has been International footy for a while. It won't happen easily. Bring them along to a GOOD match (ie. NZ, Aus, GB- the supergroup), then they might change. As it is I am hesitant about this World Cup, hence I am only going to the final!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
A good match can also be games such as the Gong game :roll: or Tonga V Samoa

New fans won't agree. They may be good matches..they also may be beltings! Take them to a Australian match, at least then they will see genuine stars playing.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Pretty much decided to only go to the final in the last couple of days. Doubt I'll go to any others, as I follow the Pura Cup so that takes up a bit of my time anyway.
Good to see you support the Shield mate, not many people (including me) do these days.

Mr. Fahrenheit said:
A good match can also be games such as the Gong game :roll: or Tonga V Samoa

Personally those are the games I am looking forward to most.

I am stoked about the game at WIN...my home town. Anyone that is going to that - drop me a PM and we'll get on the cans.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Lockyer4President! said:
Good to see you support the Shield mate, not many people (including me) do these days.

Actually find myself enjoying it more when I go to the Pura Cup, so I keep going. Very happy to travel for a Pura Cup match rather than a ODI match. Plus I see the up and comers.

I am looking forward to the league World Cup, but becuase of the cricket season starting I doubt I'll go to more than the final. I may go to a Australia-GB game if possible, but it depends on the Pura Cup schedule!

SouthsvsNRL

Juniors
I will be attending these games-

Australia vs NZ in Sydney
Australia Vs England in Melbourne
Fiji vs Euro in Gosford
Semi Final - Sydney
Final - Brisbane

Can't wait. I have plenty of mates that are in the same boat.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I'll get to as many games as possible, probably will avoid the Australia games though. I'll only go to the games with the lesser nations, I have a lot more interest in those games than games involving Jamie Lyon, Willie Mason and the other f**ksticks wearing the Australian shirt. Besides that I doubt the Aus-GB/NZ/PNG games will need the extra patronage.