What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's left to sign?

perverse

Referee
can't see us losing Mullo. we should have already signed him up on a fresh, front-loaded contract by now, though.

Serc

First Grade
Yeah I saw that too Alex...I don't think Parra would want 3 ball runners (Hayne, Mortimer and Mullen) as opposed to 2 ball runners and the missing halfback they are looking for (eg: Cronk)

Noname36

First Grade
Parra are just getting desperate. I mean it mentions Sherwin in that article. Sherwin? Surely they're having a joke. They're just throwing up names now for the sake of it. Of those coming of contract, Mullo's the one I'm most confident wont want to leave.

I'd feel a lot better though if they extended both his and De Gois' contracts.

shane1970

Juniors
Matty White is said to be close to coming back to Newie. Frankly we need him for depth if he comes at reasonable price.
The money the Knights are offering Matt is nearly exactly the same as what the Titans are currently offering him as well. He's torn between the two - he's got his parents on the Gold Coast running a resort and he has his missus just recently moved back to Newcastle for work. Tough decision to make for him cause he loves the Coast as well as Newcastle.

The money the Knights are offering Matt is nearly exactly the same as what the Titans are currently offering him as well. He's torn between the two - he's got his parents on the Gold Coast running a resort and he has his missus just recently moved back to Newcastle for work. Tough decision to make for him cause he loves the Coast as well as Newcastle.
His was solid last night. The Coast are desperate to keep him and you can see why. He is keeping Meyers out of the starting pack. Although the caveman can play front or back row.

Perth Knights

Juniors
Canberra have supposedly signed Brett White for next year and there are reports that Troy Thompson is being shown the door.

Thompson's an experienced prop but is not is the superstar class. As a stop gap measure for next year and given we are really short on props, he might be worth a look at if he comes cheap. Wouldn't want to pay a lot for him though. Thoughts ....

Yosh

Coach
With the Kidley/Mullen combination on fire these last couple of weeks, maybe we should look at signing on Dugan?

I'm not in the country so the only connection I have with League is this forum and the matches I choose to watch online so I'm not sure if he is still availble or what the mood is around Dugan these days. However before I left I remember some stuff about him wanting to leave Canberra after his contract was up next year? Am I wrong?

If he is leaving, I would love to see him here at the Knights. A real talented player, tons and tons of potential, plays with guts (the Newcastle way) and probably will play rep footy (not CvsC) real soon. I'd love for us to throw some money at him and Newcastle is twice the city Canberra is!

Thoughts? Am I being delusional/yoshlike/normal?

Serc

First Grade
Dugan re-signed with the Raiders a month or so ago.

And as for us signing or even needing him - who needs Dugan for fullback when you have Aku? Surely you of all people would've thought of that :p

PS: Looks like finally one of your predictions in your sig will be spot on! Aku for winger of the year!

With the Kidley/Mullen combination on fire these last couple of weeks, maybe we should look at signing on Dugan?

I'm not in the country so the only connection I have with League is this forum and the matches I choose to watch online so I'm not sure if he is still availble or what the mood is around Dugan these days. However before I left I remember some stuff about him wanting to leave Canberra after his contract was up next year? Am I wrong?

If he is leaving, I would love to see him here at the Knights. A real talented player, tons and tons of potential, plays with guts (the Newcastle way) and probably will play rep footy (not CvsC) real soon. I'd love for us to throw some money at him and Newcastle is twice the city Canberra is!

Thoughts? Am I being delusional/yoshlike/normal?

pothead.jpg

Yosh

Coach
Hahaha Cheers Serc the other two can get stuffed.

BVM edit that picture small enough to be my avatar please. I'll use just to make you happy. Pity he resigned. Great player.

Plus one of my predictions are finally correct... Woohoo!

macavity

Referee
If we accept we aren't going after Eastwood, I would be positively over the moon with the following 17 for next year....

1. Kurt (c)
2. Aku
3. Midley
4. Sau
5. Mad Dog

6. Mullo
7. Henry

8. Cross
9. De Gois
10. Houston
11. Taia
12. Costigan
13. Hilder

14. Rogers
15. Kaufusi
16. Edwards / Tolar
17. Paterson

slotmachine

First Grade
Why no offer for eastwood? It defies belief that we would offer smith 300k but not eastwood.

Houston comeback would be ridiculously good news.

Noname36

First Grade
Pretty sure I read that we inquired but it turned out he was asking for too much on top of the 175k transfer fee.

macavity

Referee
Why no offer for eastwood? It defies belief that we would offer smith 300k but not eastwood.

We don't have anyone to swap them, and the 100,000 pounds Leeds want to release him would count against our cap.

I guess the club don't see value in throwing away $174,000 of cap money.

Without knowing the ins and outs of our cap, I would still be having a shot - guess there is a reason we aren't. Maybe they don't rate him as highly as we do, or maybe he wont agree to wear some of that himself. Who knows.

Are you sure it counts in our cap macavity? I am 99% sure the X amount for Burgess didnt count towards their cap or is that a loophole that has closed.

Johns Magic

Referee
If we accept we aren't going after Eastwood, I would be positively over the moon with the following 17 for next year....

1. Kurt (c)
2. Aku
3. Midley
4. Sau
5. Mad Dog

6. Mullo
7. Henry

8. Cross
9. De Gois
10. Houston
11. Taia
12. Costigan
13. Hilder

14. Rogers
15. Kaufusi
16. Edwards / Tolar
17. Paterson

First things first, I can't imagine the day they'd pick Mad Dog on the wing over McManus.

Secondly, is there any actual word on Houston? i.e. Is he likely to get off? And more importantly, would he want to come back?