What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's left to sign?

macavity

Referee
my mail is he wants to come back.

whether the club will have him back, who knows. I hope so.

Jimmy really didn't impress me in his comeback stint. Dunno if doogs still has the speed to play on the wing though.

I also forgot Tui in that write up.

League_God

Juniors
my mail is he wants to come back.

whether the club will have him back, who knows. I hope so.

Jimmy really didn't impress me in his comeback stint. Dunno if doogs still has the speed to play on the wing though.

I also forgot Tui in that write up.

doogs is quicker than jimmy.

i would put money on doogs, sau, mark t, zeb, gidley, rogers, patterson and mika and at a stretch faaso, being quicker than jimmy.

jimmy (prior to getting injured) was quality in defense and dummy half runs.

to be honest, id rather lulia on the wing than jimmy.

Frederick

Staff member
It could be Mids and Doogs on one side...surely that'd have to be the oldest and most experienced centre-wing combo in history

Noname36

First Grade
What's with all the Jimmy hate? I agree that at this stage that he's probably the weakest link in our backline (which is more of a compliment to our backline as I think he's a good player), but to say that Lulia is better than him is just laughable.

Rolla

Juniors
Id have Jimmy over Lulia but thats about it. Doogs and sau on one side would be better. They could swap positions all game. Also they are both great meter eaters. Other option is Kev getting a run on that flank.

I wasn't jimmy's biggest fan before his injury and he looked pretty rusty after, you know when you pinpoint his dummy half runs as one of his three strengths you are struggling cos id say gids, coop, aku, sau and doogs all beat him in that department coming out of our end these days.... I think he would be one of the most reliable backup wingers around.

Rolla

Juniors
Mac re: your side. Tui in for Housten, since it is an unknown and he has also had a long stint off (Though so has tui) and Mark T for Tolar. Edwards the first prop to come in. With or without houstens potential return we have a lot of depth outside that squad also. Plenty of youth around the fringe too.

macavity

Referee
Forgot Mark too....

I think it is odds-on we will lose Crossy.

Hope we get Houso back, he more than covers.

Noname36

First Grade
So it appears that we aren't going to sign any props, and we're basically resigned to losing Crossy?

Ugh. SOS Houso.

RABK

Referee
I am told by someone who bloody well should know that it counts towards the cap.....

Someone has to cop expense to their salary cap in an NRL transfer but an international transfer? I'm near sure you'll find it does not count towards the cap.

macavity

Referee
Someone has to cop expense to their salary cap in an NRL transfer but an international transfer? I'm near sure you'll find it does not count towards the cap.

well clear it with the NRL, then contact the club with that POV - because they think otherwise.

Weels

Juniors
I think you can forget about finding a combination to fit Midley & Doogs.
I have grave doubts the club would keep two old farts on the books regardless of who they were.

Serc

First Grade

Adsy

Juniors
Surely you do that BEFORE you miss out on a player. If Smith was target A, we should have had an offer for target B ready to go.

macavity

Referee
In the spirit of re-uniting our 2001 squad, I have it on good authority our target B is Paul Marquet.... :sarcasm:

Latest posts