What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are centrelink the dumbest organisation on the planet?

Why are these morons so f**king thick!

As some of you may know, i am going off to the airforce in 9 weeks.

Well a while ago i went and saw centrelink about what i could get to support myself until i left. They made me go on job search money and forced me to look for work, even though it was totally pointless as i already had a job lined up. But now i just can not for the life of me believe how f**king stupid they are, they are making me sit through a class for 3 hours a day for 3 weeks to learn how to look for f**king work ](*,) What is the point in wasting their time and money when i already have a job to go to, what is the point in putting me through this 'training' to find a job when i already have one and got it without their help. WHY!

It ceases to amaze me just how f**king geniused they are. They just can not see outside the square. They have known from day 1 i have a had a job lined up. Knowing them, when i cancel payments they will put me down as a statistic saying that they found me a job when infact they didnt.

To make things even more annoying is the fact i live about 55km away from the nearest centrelink office #-o

astrogirl

First Grade
CH, you poor thing. I agree that Centrelink are inept, but my reason is different.

When I was at uni I used to get an allowance. The fact that I was also working meant that they gave me lower payments, however they miscalculated the amount and made me pay back a fair sum of money. And the stupid thing was that they couldn't (wouldn't) show me evidence to substantiate the amount.

In the end I just paid the money (a couple of thousand ) just to get them off my back.

Idiots.

weasel

First Grade
Just recently they've written me a letter asking me to provide proof I was living away from home over the christmas holidays while I was supposedly receiving away from home youth allowance. The stupid thing is I wasn't getting centrelink payments over the christmas holidays or even back the two months leading up to them. :?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
They tried to make me find work in Wagga when I lived there, even though I wasn't on any payments (or had ever been) as well as the fact that I was moving to Newcastle.

El Coconuto

Bench
Never been associated with Centrelink personally, but I've been told they are the grand daddy of prolonging the inevitable...

dougthelegend

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
Why are these morons so f***ing thick!

As some of you may know, i am going off to the airforce in 9 weeks.

Well a while ago i went and saw centrelink about what i could get to support myself until i left. They made me go on job search money and forced me to look for work, even though it was totally pointless as i already had a job lined up. But now i just can not for the life of me believe how f***ing stupid they are, they are making me sit through a class for 3 hours a day for 3 weeks to learn how to look for f***ing work ](*,) What is the point in wasting their time and money when i already have a job to go to, what is the point in putting me through this 'training' to find a job when i already have one and got it without their help. WHY!

It ceases to amaze me just how f***ing geniused they are. They just can not see outside the square. They have known from day 1 i have a had a job lined up. Knowing them, when i cancel payments they will put me down as a statistic saying that they found me a job when infact they didnt.

To make things even more annoying is the fact i live about 55km away from the nearest centrelink office #-o

i think that in your case C_H, you can blame that one on our fantastic federal government. In the budget, in the leadup to the upcoming federal election, Howard has implemented a stupid idea. Anyone, who is under 21, when they register for Centrelink payments, is made to undergo a compulsary Job Search Training course. I am involved in the running of one of these courses in Mudgee. The worst thing is, that there is no reward for the ppl running the courses, we get no recognition if we find someone a job...

everyone else can blame Centrelink though :p :lol:

choc_soldier

Coach
CH, I did something similar earlier this year... I had been on Newstart for three months (I was also working in a casual position, but not earning enough to survive basically), and hadn't found a full time job, so I had to do this course with an external job agency which Centrelink employs.

I had to go EVERYDAY for three weeks, from 9 to 4, with most of the time just sitting in front of computers looking for work - great use of time. The bonus is that you got a day off if you had an interview - the downside was that you had to make it up - my stint stretched to just over 4 weeks. And I had to find 3 jobs a day, which was hard for someone like me who was a graduate town planner, because those jobs just don't grow on trees. So I had to apply for mind numbing retail jobs, just to make up the numbers most days.

Bloody waste of time IMO. And if I didn't have a job within a month, they were going to basically put me in a job, just for the sake of it. So I could have been put into a retail position (which is something I did through uni and had enough of), just so I could be another one of their "success stories".

Thank god I actually did get a job within a month.

I bloody well hope I don't have to deal with them again... grrr!

CH I wouldnt go to those stupid classes if i were you.

Get a lawyer...im sure they're wrong in forcing you to do this....Or get the airforce involved. Im sure if another government department like that contacted them, and let them know what was going on..you'd be cleared.

dougthelegend

Juniors
parra_panther said:
so I had to do this course with an external job agency which Centrelink employs.

what you were doing is the exact same course CH has to do - but only CH has to do it early. the external agency you would have done your course with is in no way employed by Centrelink. Job Network Members are contracted by the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations.

If you had a job interview, your agency should have taken the time off your course, also if you did any casual work, that should also have been included...well thats the way we do it anyway...

Beaussie

First Grade
CH, it's what you get when you have John Howard Liberal scum as PM and government. Deal with it darlin and make our taxpaying dollars provided to you worth it.

Sweeper

Juniors
Yeah, they screwed me too. I was out of work for three months and they wouldn't give me anything. Now i gotta do Mutual obligation, even though they've only been supporting me for a couple of months. f**k this shit, i'm going to Uni... so much easier! (well, heres to hoping)

And CH, if they're making you do that, that sux. I had to do intensive job search training, which they said was 4 weeks and 100 hours of job searching. It took me two months or more and they didn't care. They didn't make me go to seminars... it was "well, that might be helpful, do you want to go" and i could have said no. I also only did 1/week and it was only 2 hours. You got a dud deal there.

P.s. Amanda Vanstone is the fattest f**k in Australia. She is the most uncompassionate person i have ever seen. She is taking her fat agression out on the population of Aus. She should be put on one of the refugee boats and sent to sea without a passport and no f**king fuel. Die bitch, die :evil:

Evilgrowler

First Grade
Centerlink tried to screw us. We were chasing a disability support payment for my son who has myotonica dystrophy and will never work. He rquires constant care. The day he turned 16 we had to fill out all the forms again for him. Mind you they've been paying this allowance since he was 2 years old.

Now they claimed he doesn't qualify because he didn't meet the 12 point requirement. This went on for 9 months. In the end we went to our local member and complained. 3 days later we recieved a substantial back pay and an apologetic phone call. :D

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
have you ever heard the saying that says "dont shoot the messenger"

the poor sap that sits behind the counter, doesn't make the policies.

CH you are in a unique situation, and they obviously dont have a policy/rule to deal with your situation.

if you wish to complain, I dare say an email to their website, may be a beter way of complaining

El Coconuto

Bench
CH, just out of curiosity will you be billing for Kerry or Bush in the upcoming election? Bush, I would presume...

Latest posts