What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why did we throw Timmy under the bus?

yy_cheng

Coach
It is fine when Hayne is there but when he is not, neither Mortz nor KK can do it.

Mortz should be first receiver as he is too slow when wide.

I reckon a good balance would be

1. Humble
6. Hayne
7. Mortz/Mortz

Ron Jeremy

Coach
It is fine when Hayne is there but when he is not, neither Mortz nor KK can do it.

1. Humble
6. Hayne
7. Mortz/Mortz

ffs stop that

we tried it before and it didn't suit team dynamics, Hayne needs room to move and when to choose his moments, he's not an organiser imo, he acts on instincts, similar to mortimer hsi scenario imo

cirque

Juniors

1. Humble
6. Hayne
7. Mortz/Mortz

+1
I think you will see Hayne moving to No6 by end of this season. Humble will be full back...

I still don't think Mortimer is a playmaker although DA says he is a destined 7.

His passing is slow, no spiral passes, doesn't put people into holes but more hospital passes, his attacking kicking game is non-existant and his long kicking game is like in the air straight to the back 3.

HOWEVER, he is a lamb type backer up player and did a real good job today at that.

yeah Mortimer has Not been on fire, he seems to be in two minds.

Our halfs needed to stand up tonight and they failed miserably. Very disappointed.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
We lost the game in the forwards. Disregarding Shackleton for now, the Sharks pack easily beat the Eels best forward pack including the Eels best bench players. This is the reason we need another ferocious, intense, attacking backrower as in Sikka Manu. We need a Paul Gallen type player in our forward pack.

Justin Poore was almost marshmallow tonight.

Even Fui is being easily contained. We need to have two or three forwards/big back simulating hit ups at the same time to get the defence in two minds as to who is getting the ball. At the moment the defence has two or three forwards zooming in to nullify Fui's or Poore's hit ups.

Is Fui playing injured? Does he have a knee or leg problem?

Tim Mannah was our best forward tonight, then Ben Smith & Nathan Hindmarsh. Mateo was good too but nowhere near the standards he set when he played Moanly last Monday night.

Tim Smith played very well tonight, he gave Barret plenty of space and ball time in his hands and Tim's kicks were 9.5 out of ten. Tim kept switching the point of attack (obviously with help from Barrett) which both stretched the Eels defence and gave the Eels lots of defensive work.

yy_cheng

Coach
ffs stop that

we tried it before and it didn't suit team dynamics, Hayne needs room to move and when to choose his moments, he's not an organiser imo, he acts on instincts, similar to mortimer hsi scenario imo

Hayne wasn't setting up plays like he does now. He was mainly running and get a pass away.

Now he tactically kicks and set up plays instead of running himself.

Those cutout passes he does are not on instinct. They are pre-rehearsed and setup plays before.

The only thing would be his fitness as he would do more tackling.

It is time because Humble showed he looked good.

BTW, was Reddy hooked? He is lucky INU had a crap game too otherwise, he looked to lose his spot.

yy_cheng

Coach
I thought Tim was going to bomb Burt all night.

When he did do one, Burt was in all sorts. Luckily the ball didn't bounce the Shark's way.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hayne wasn't setting up plays like he does now. He was mainly running and get a pass away.

Now he tactically kicks and set up plays instead of running himself.

Those cutout passes he does are not on instinct. They are pre-rehearsed and setup plays before.

The only thing would be his fitness as he would do more tackling.

It is time because Humble showed he looked good.

BTW, was Reddy hooked? He is lucky INU had a crap game too otherwise, he looked to lose his spot.

in theory Hayne at 5/8 should work, just like in theory communism should work, unfortunately that's not entirely the case

Humble had another solid game. But for me his future id definitely in the 6.

He is keen to throw a ball and take the line on. he was dangerous tonight when he played as an extra ball player.

I can't agree with you Casper on Poore. Actually, I'm shocked that you bagged Poore. I thought he played with a higher intencity tonight, & is still getting better.

I will agree in Fui. I posed the same question about him playing injured a couple of weeks ago.

ElectricEel

Juniors
Before you all bag Smith and call him a trouble maker that we had to get rid of, Have a good look into his illness: He is Bi-polar.
If you dont know what it is, look it up. Its a pretty tough ailment to dea with.

The kid struggled with it, and unfortunately used alcohol to self-medicate. He now seems to have it somewhat ubder control, and good for him. I dont like the Sharks, but like to see him doing well again.

Good onya Timmy.

Captain BF

Juniors
oh i get it... It's like the old joke about the chicken crossing the road...

Why did we throw Timmy under the bus? To get to the other side?

IFR33K

Coach
ffs stop that

Couldn't agree more. Whats the big deal, if he wore the 1 on his back, and plays like a five eight.

That way, he can still have the roaming role, and pop up on any side of the field.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I rate Tim Smith.

That said, I'm not unhappy that he isn't with the Eels anymore.

I wish him luck (except whenever he's playing against the Eels or Bunnies).

lingard

Coach
Humble had another solid game. But for me his future id definitely in the 6.

He is keen to throw a ball and take the line on. he was dangerous tonight when he played as an extra ball player.

Agreed. I`d like to see:
1. Hayne
6. Humble
7. Mortimer
9. Robson
14. Kris Keating (or buy another live-wire hooker or wait for the young bloke in reserves to step up.)

Latest posts