What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why did we throw Timmy under the bus?

Avenger

Immortal
Did ya see him last night? If you did you were lucky, MIA, as per usual.

Poor old Sharks. Take Paul Gallen out and they would be lucky to beat a NSW Cup team.
BUT I agree with Bazal, he'll NEVER be back at the Eels, so why worry about him....he's Sharks fans problems now.

Tim Smith is a very limited halfback. I never want him back.

lucablight

First Grade
I didn't see the game but I know the useless, limited ordinary Tim Smith scored a solo try against the Eels. Incidentally the sharks won the game by one try.

Avenger

Immortal
I didn't see the game but I know the useless, limited ordinary Tim Smith scored a solo try against the Eels. Incidentally the sharks won the game by one try.

He's still sh*t and mentally the most piss weak player that I have seen in a long time.

strider

Post Whore
yeah his kicking was good and we fell for the "tim smith doesn't run" card trick .... he played well, but he was hardly their best or anything .... all night i was thinking someone just run up and smash him when he runs sideways and he'll shrink into his shell the rest of hte game

Come on Jake if he didn't score that try he would have been canned universally. He is a shadow of the player he was in 2005.

Yep he is a Shadow of the player back in 2005 but that Shadow out played both our halfs tonight.

Mortimer and Keating had all the time in the world to find the green green grass but all they found continuously was the fullback and wingers.

Avenger

Immortal
Yep he is a Shadow of the player back in 2005 but that Shadow out played both our halfs tonight.

Mortimer and Keating had all the time in the world to find the green green grass but all they found continuously was the fullback and wingers.

That's because they are used to the best player on the planet always doing it for them. KK puts too much height on his kicks, while Mortimer has a pop gun long range kicking game.

lucablight

First Grade
He's living in the past as is Tim with his ability. :D

While I think Mortimer and K. Keating are both good players I don't believe we have a player in the team other than Hayne who has a good kicking game and/or can put people into gaps. Mortimer and K. Keating are both primarily ball runners and Hayne shouldn't have to do it himself all the time. Because of this I think it was a mistake not snatching up Tim Smith when we had the chance but it can't be helped now.

Avenger

Immortal
While I think Mortimer and K. Keating are both good players I don't believe we have a player in the team other than Hayne who has a good kicking game and/or can put people into gaps. Mortimer and K. Keating are both primarily ball runners and Hayne shouldn't have to do it himself all the time. Because of this I think it was a mistake not snatching up Tim Smith when we had the chance but it can't be helped now.

We should have bought Hodkinson back when we had the chance. Now he is too expensive.

yy_cheng

Coach
He gets tackled way too much for a 6. I still believe that at 6 Mortimer is better then KK. Different types of 5/8ths but I still like Mortimer more.

I still don't think Mortimer is a playmaker although DA says he is a destined 7.

His passing is slow, no spiral passes, doesn't put people into holes but more hospital passes, his attacking kicking game is non-existant and his long kicking game is like in the air straight to the back 3.

HOWEVER, he is a lamb type backer up player and did a real good job today at that.

Latest posts