What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people hate Michael Ennis

Canard

Immortal
These players who get baited by Ennis are cats,sledging in cricket is way worse when you have 11 players standing right around you chirping in your ear all day then it is when there is the occasional stop in play in League for Ennis to say something.

Viv Richards > Cam Smith

Except in reality the majority of fieldsman stand much further away than the opposition do in a League game.

ek999

First Grade
Ever seen Hindy go crazy...no.....me either...observing the kind of dickhead Ennis is he probably said something to Hindmarsh about his family. I think that's the Ennis style.

Nope, just told him to take a swing like he has always wanted to

kbw

Bench
I think Ennis is hilarious, I am sure he doesn't take himself too seriously.
When you hear him speak away from the field he is totally different to his on field persona though, seems like a very good guy.

I gotta say I am no fan of Smith, think he is a grub but there have been a couple of instances lately that I have seen with his interaction with some kids and may just maybe he maybe a decent guy off the field too.

I think the commentators on Ch9 are the biggest dickheads.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Y'all gone & upset surrogate...everyone was suppose to agree with him & you all f**ked it up & now he wont comment on his own thread.

typicalfan

Coach
I think most of the hate on here is irrational anyway, including Ennis, Slater etc.

It is different when they play against you though but fan support is irrational as well.

Galeforce

Bench
Cheating the salary cap for years is disrespectful to the game

Turning a beautiful game into wrestle mania is disrespectful to the game

Creating a tackling technique which has paralyised a young man is disrespectful to the game

Having a player on your team who once told an opposition player who openly suffered depression to 'go and have a cry in your room' is disrespectful to the game

Patting a guy on the head after he drops the ball isn't disrespectful to the game

Dogs and maybe you like to get a pat of the head . However i do not and some highly focused athletes do not , especially
1) when it not intended as a friendly gesture.
2) it is done , knowing that the player it is aimed at cannot knock your block off without being sent off.
I think it is a Grub act that discredits the game.

As such i see it as a gutless form to provoke.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
[/B]

Dogs and maybe you like to get a pat of the head . However i do not and some highly focused athletes do not , especially
2) it is done , knowing that the player it is aimed at cannot knock your block off without being sent off.

Girl.

Vic Mackey

Referee
[/B]

I patted your dog on the head once. He said it was a nice change from getting fingered in his asehole

eozsmiles

Bench
After Bellamy had his say, Slater told him to go have a cry in his room.

Because, you know, it's all about respect.

eozsmiles

Bench
[/B]

Everything in the game is done knowing this.

eozsmiles

Bench
Quality.

Lichaa apparantly got a good sledge on him this year too. Ennis said something along the lines of "you're not taking my spot next year"and Lichaa replied "Yeah but I will be taking your money"

Yep, and I think that's the point. Ennis gets sledged too, if you give it you end up getting it. I'll bet Smith has reminded Ennis once or twice about various origin results or the GF from a couple of years ago. Today it was his turn to get rubbed the wrong way.

Smith doesn't make many mistakes, so we don't often see blokes get the chance to niggle him. I was a bit surprised by his reaction. As soon as he reacted, I reckon Ennis and the rest of the Dogs lifted.

thorson1987

Coach
Yep, and I think that's the point. Ennis gets sledged too, if you give it you end up getting it. I'll bet Smith has reminded Ennis once or twice about various origin results or the GF from a couple of years ago. Today it was his turn to get rubbed the wrong way.

Smith doesn't make many mistakes, so we don't often see blokes get the chance to niggle him. I was a bit surprised by his reaction. As soon as he reacted, I reckon Ennis and the rest of the Dogs lifted.

This.

I don't have a problem with it. It's part of the game.

And I was really surprised Smith reacted the way he did. Ennis probably took a leaf from Buhrers book and was telling him GoT spoilers in the scrum.

MaxPower

Juniors
Patting a guy on the head after he drops the ball isn't disrespectful to the game

I disagree. He should have been sent off. Now that Ennis has gotten away with this we are going to see players pat each other on the head more and more. Refs really dropped the ball on this one.

After meeting Ennis in Brisbane for a members day in 2012, I will forever be a fan of "The Menace". We all know his antics on the field, some of them are hard to cop as a dogs fan but off the field he is a great bloke. He took the time to genuinely get to know me and my family.

I think the ultimate sign of disrespect is not shaking hands after the game...pretty sure Justin Hodges has been guilty of this twice (that i have seen) this year.

Agree bro...not fussed about what he did to Smith. It is all part of the game along with sledging.

Hodges actions are worse in my opinion...that guy is a sook.

Latest posts