What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do you hate the team you hate?

hotsnow

Juniors
dice said:
GoTheBears said:
St George Illawarra Dragons - I was a Steelers fan and alway identified to them as the local side, and The players like Wishart, Mcgregor, Timmins, Barrett, Rodwell and more playing in the Steelers jersy is what helped to get me into Rugby league. To all of a sudden have some red v put in front of me, a jersy and logo i dont identify with and seeing above players(bar Rodwell) playing in this jersy and being told this was my local team seemed like pure bullsh*t to me.
All other teams i have nothing against.

They are all Illawarra juniors so just consider them the Steelers. Everyone else does ;-)
If a clubs name goes by where juniors are from, your club would have a long name ;-)

choc_soldier

Coach
It used to be Parramatta - well, I live in the area, and I really didn't mind them until 2001. The whole "Parramattitude" thing that was shoved down my throat was unbearable enough, but it was the gloating, in relation to where they were and where the Panthers were. Didn't feel sorry for them one bit grand final night. But it's starting to die down now... just a dislike now... not that I feel sorry for them in their current situation.

They have been over taken by... well, it's quite predictable, isn't it? The Roosters. Mostly because of some of their supporters, thinking their team is king s***. And also because they tend to poach players from right under our eyes, and tend to be a very influential player in the NRL...

Red Bear

Referee
Willow said:
GoTheBears said:
Willow said:
GoTheBears said:
All other teams i have nothing against.
LOL.
From your post, you hate:
Manly
Canterbury
Saints
Sharks
Raiders
Broncos
Panthers
Warriors
Cowboys
Storm
...and if they were still around,
Hunter
Adelaide
Perth
...have I left anyone out?

Doesn't leave a great deal of room for supporting the game.

I suppose you've got nothing against Glebe.... but hang on, they shafted Annandale. Bastards! :lol:
Well you get that. I'm sorry but im a bitter North Sydney, Illawarra and ARL supporter :D :twisted: Actually Adaliade n Perth i had nothing against as they shoulda been supported by both sides of the ARL Superleague warrather than shafted.
So you support ARL but hate ARL teams and support SuperLeague teams but hate SuperLeague....?
It's almost understandable why you're mixed up.
By support i meant support having a team in Perth n Adaliade(moreso Perth, they shouldve stayed their rather than go to Melbourne, Perth was where they could've easily been successful) although it doesnt mean i like them. Same as i think there should be a team in Melbourne(still think Perth was a better option but am all for having them their now) despite still disliking the actual side. And the ARL clubs i dont like? Manly i didnt like an never will like, its bloody tradition!(similar to Saint n Sharks fans) and Ste George Illawarra ive made it quite clear why i dont like them and i'm not gunna go over it again.

But for the record I have a largish amount of respect for both Manly and St George for staying with the ARL. You could probly class my dislike of Super league clubs as a complete lack of repect rather than out n out hate(although i still dont and wont like them :) ).

Knightmare

Coach
Also...wht do you compare your hate to other team to..... is it the same as "I hate Mondays" or " I hate it when the dog poos in my bed" or "I hate you so much I'm gonna kill you!"

The hate we have for footy teams...is it real hate?[/quote]

I hate 3 teams, which I can't split.

1) MANLY- The oldest foe. It's part of being a Newcastle supporter, you support the Knights and whoever's playing Manly. I hate the way they raped clubs throughout the '70s, '80s and '90s for their own success, Geoff Toovey was an annoying little pr*ck who wouldn't shut up to the ref on the field, I hate alot of their whingeing fans who say Newcastle only won the '97 Premiership because of drugs *Hello* just after that game, the Knights players were tested and they all returned- negative results! You were beaten Manly, face it!

2) BRISBANE- I hate their whingeing, how every year they don't win the Premiership, they have a huge list of excuses as to why they weren't the best team, I hate their arrogance and how they think it's their God-given right to win the Premiership every year, and how they won a Mckey Mouse Grand Final in '97 at their own home ground against a team that hadn't even WON a Grand Final, let along played in one since '78. Newcastle beat the reigning Champions from a full comp but that wasn't enough for the arrogant scum at the Broncos, who started going in '98 "We were the REAL Premiers" :roll: Yeah, take your f**king hand off it, you're all delusional. OH, AND they started SuperLeague, they change their jersey at the blink of an eye to screw money out of the people who DO follow them and they have no soul- SHAME ON THEM!

3) EASTERN SUBURBS (SYDNEY ROOSTERS)- This one is more recent. Where do I start? Bandwagoner fans who throw s**t at every other team when they get up, then unleash a biased attack of verbal diahorrea when they lose, Gus Gould with all his biased opinons, all their pro-Roosters friends in high places pulling strings for the boys regarding the rules and the salary cap, Robert Finch abusing his position of power to see that his little boy's team gets away with murder, people being censored every time they come forth with one of these truths about the Roosters....I could go on! :twisted:

By the way, I don't hate these teams to death, I hate them in a sporting sense (i.e I LOVE beating them, and I like it very much when other teams beat them as well :D )

realredhillboy

Juniors
) BRISBANE- I hate their whingeing, how every year they don't win the Premiership, they have a huge list of excuses as to why they weren't the best team, I hate their arrogance and how they think it's their God-given right to win the Premiership every year, and how they won a Mckey Mouse Grand Final in '97 at their own home ground against a team that hadn't even WON a Grand Final, let along played in one since '78. Newcastle beat the reigning Champions from a full comp but that wasn't enough for the arrogant scum at the Broncos, who started going in '98 "We were the REAL Premiers" Yeah, take your f**king hand off it, you're all delusional. OH, AND they started SuperLeague, they change their jersey at the blink of an eye to screw money out of the people who DO follow them and they have no soul- SHAME ON THEM!

now heres a man who knows where the real evil lies

OVP

Coach
Knightmare said:
3) EASTERN SUBURBS (SYDNEY ROOSTERS)- This one is more recent. Where do I start? Bandwagoner fans who throw s**t at every other team when they get up, then unleash a biased attack of verbal diahorrea when they lose, Gus Gould with all his biased opinons, all their pro-Roosters friends in high places pulling strings for the boys regarding the rules and the salary cap, Robert Finch abusing his position of power to see that his little boy's team gets away with murder, people being censored every time they come forth with one of these truths about the Roosters....I could go on! :twisted:

I've never heard one single Roosters supporter throw shit on other teams when we lose. Usually we all congratulate those who beat us. I think you are lying, or are hearing other people's twisted lies.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Knightmare, you forgot to add that we've beaten you what now seems like a thoussaaannndddddd times in a row.

Knightmare

Coach
Newcastle SHOULD have beaten Easts at EnergyAustralia earlier this year, save for a blatent case of Cross holding a Knights player without the football. If Robert Finch WASN'T the ref's boss, I'd say the result may have been very different. :roll:
By the way, the last time we beat easts was in 2002, not exactly a thousand games ago. But Newcastle will beat them again, and when they do, it will really count for something. BTW, I see Roosters fans on here all the time throwing shite at people- just ask fans of other teams!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Canterbury, the supporters & previous officals & bosses made me hate this club, i have a good reason to hate them, but unfortunately it won't be posted on this board.

I feel sorry for the elder Canterbury fans, they were normal, passionate & gracious after a win or loss, unfortunately as i said certain people & fans made me hate this club, and i was born & bred in Georges Hall :?

St George = hated them when Mundine and Blocklock were mouthing off about the Storm in 99. Those feelings run deep even though we won !!.

Bulldogs = supporters are arrogant and tedn to bring ethnic bias into play.

:roll: ;-)

xwizit

Juniors
kia ora storm said:
Bulldogs = supporters are arrogant and tedn to bring ethnic bias into play.

:roll: ;-)

i used to think similar, but they seem to have gotten better imo, actually, i used to not like the club for the same reason but now have no issues with them anymore because theyre supporters are ok in my books now

Xwizit...I am not proud about stating that the Dogs fans are arrogant but whenever they have come to Melbourne, they have been rude, offensive and preoccupied with flying the Lebanese flag !!!...I thought this was a league game not the bloody Olympics !!!.

:|

xwizit

Juniors
if that was the case then thats pretty f**king stupid...its canterbury theyre sposed to be supporting not lebanon

SaintTPP

First Grade
ShireShark said:
How GOOD was Super League
They should bring it back so I dont have to visit Kogarah once a year!!
A-R, A-R-L Super League can go to hell!! :evil: