What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do you hate the team you hate?

miladi

Juniors
I don't actually HATE any team, but do not like any team to win against Newcastle.

Everyone I know hates Manly, and I have not yet been given a good reason, usually they just say - Because it's MANLY!!!

My least favorite teams are Easts, and Canterbury. And I cannot give any better reason than I just don't like the way they play.

hotsnow

Juniors
I don't hate any team. I enjoy the friendly rivalry with the Sharks, Roosters and Bulldogs - we are all very passionate, one-eyed fans which makes for interesting contests.

Anonymous

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
All other teams i have nothing against.
LOL.
From your post, you hate:
Manly
Canterbury
Saints
Sharks
Raiders
Broncos
Panthers
Warriors
Cowboys
Storm
...and if they were still around,
Hunter
Adelaide
Perth
...have I left anyone out?

Doesn't leave a great deal of room for supporting the game.

I suppose you've got nothing against Glebe.... but hang on, they shafted Annandale. Bastards! :lol:

OVP

Coach
Jimbo said:
St George Illawarra Limited fans have an intense hatred of Cronulla, primarily due to our 8-4 win record, stand alone status and superior location.

We don't really hate them back, we just think the way they carry on is pretty amusing...

- They still believe they are Rugby League royalty even though their club is five years old and has won nothing
- They think Oki Doki Dump is the next best thing to Stadium Australia, when it still barely meets NRL standards
- They rattle on about a bunch of premierships won forty years ago by a dead club
- Their fanbase is still divided between heritage heritage St George and Illawarra supporters
- The disgraceful antics of the likes of Mark Gasnier bringing the game into disrepute

I could go on, but you get the idea...

Well said Jimbo :clap:

The Stain are a real Stain on the game :lol:

Dazraider

Juniors
I hate souths because they should not have been allowed to come back in the comp,they only challenge for the wooden spoon.
The bulldogs are ok but those supporters that cant handle peace should be sent to iraq if they love violence so much.thet turns me off the dogs which isn't right but i wouldn't be the only one to hate them cause of those terrorist
Now the roosters i don't like cause they must be rorting the salary cap,they realy want the salary cap increased,no wonder they wanna be a rooster man cause they mean rorter man instead

miccle

Bench
realredhillboy said:
i hate and i mean [intensely] hate the bronco's because they are greedy selfish arrogant poachers.

Poachers :lol:

Yes I agree with you entirely. We stole Lockyer, Hunt, Webcke, Tate and big Petero away from other clubs when they were already established rep players. Mate - call us anything else in the world and I won't give a damn, but everyone knows that the Broncos are one of the benchmark teams in the league when it comes to developing youngsters.

Red Bear

Referee
Willow said:
GoTheBears said:
LOL.
Manly
Canterbury
Saints
Sharks
Raiders
Broncos
Panthers
Warriors
Cowboys
Storm
Hunter
Adelaide
Perth

I suppose you've got nothing against Glebe.... but hang on, they shafted Annandale. Bastards! :lol:
Well you get that. I'm sorry but im a bitter North Sydney, Illawarra and ARL supporter :D :twisted: Actually Adaliade n Perth i had nothing against as they shoulda been supported by both sides of the ARL Superleague warrather than shafted.

Anonymous

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Willow said:
GoTheBears said:
LOL.
Manly
Canterbury
Saints
Sharks
Raiders
Broncos
Panthers
Warriors
Cowboys
Storm
Hunter
Adelaide
Perth

Well you get that. I'm sorry but im a bitter North Sydney, Illawarra and ARL supporter :D :twisted: Actually Adaliade n Perth i had nothing against as they shoulda been supported by both sides of the ARL Superleague warrather than shafted.
So you support ARL but hate ARL teams and support SuperLeague teams but hate SuperLeague....?
It's almost understandable why you're mixed up.

Jabs

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
St George Illawarra Dragons - I was a Steelers fan and alway identified to them as the local side, and The players like Wishart, Mcgregor, Timmins, Barrett, Rodwell and more playing in the Steelers jersy is what helped to get me into Rugby league. To all of a sudden have some red v put in front of me, a jersy and logo i dont identify with and seeing above players(bar Rodwell) playing in this jersy and being told this was my local team seemed like pure bullsh*t to me.
When are some you anti St.George people going to get it through your thick heads that St.George saved your region, I will not list the reasons why as they have been explained a thousand times before by other people.
If you prefered the Steelers die completely then thats a different story.
If not then consider yourself lucky that Rugby League is still played in the Illawarra.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Jabs said:
GoTheBears said:
St George Illawarra Dragons - I was a Steelers fan and alway identified to them as the local side, and The players like Wishart, Mcgregor, Timmins, Barrett, Rodwell and more playing in the Steelers jersy is what helped to get me into Rugby league. To all of a sudden have some red v put in front of me, a jersy and logo i dont identify with and seeing above players(bar Rodwell) playing in this jersy and being told this was my local team seemed like pure bullsh*t to me.
When are some you anti St.George people going to get it through your thick heads that St.George saved your region, I will not list the reasons why as they have been explained a thousand times before by other people.
If you prefered the Steelers die completely then thats a different story.
If not then consider yourself lucky that Rugby League is still played in the Illawarra.

Jabs,

Just wait until we call in our loan!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

Dog-E

Juniors
Parramatta - Just born with it!!..>Ask a Parra fan the same question - we don't even NEED a reason...tho there are plenty!! :lol:

St George - Thyeve had SO many dirty players down the years ive hated!...Reddy, Wynn, Linnane (@&# eye gouger!!! :evil: ), Smith, Tallis, Ryles, Riddell...just off the top of my head! And then, of course - there was Mundine!!! :evil: :lol: Oh and they always seem to beat us - when it really matters...well - except for '85!! :mrgreen:

Roosters - The modern day Manly...I detested Manly in the Fulton/Ridge/Lyons/Half the club's officials on the ARL board days - now we have the mirror image of Stuart/Gould/ Morley/Walker/Three-quarters of the club's officials on the NRL board.

Nuff said!

Don't even hate Manly any more...they're no harm to anyone nowadays!! But I could be persuaded again! :lol:

I dislike a few of the other clubs more than others - but i wouldn't say i actually 'hated' anyone else... :)

Southernsaint

Staff member
Dog-E, Linnane still denies the eye gouging, I think...

Either way, it was a low act.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Dog-E

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Dog-E, Linnane still denies the eye gouging, I think...

Either way, it was a low act.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Haha does he?...I only have vague recollections of the incident - and he DID have his hand all over his face if i remember rightly!...but they didnt have the thousand camera angles they have on such things now...so it could have gone either way i guess!

I was only young when it happened, and just really starting to get into playing footy with a team on the weekends - and I just remember thinking at the time that that was one of the worst things you could possibly be accused of! Les Boyd did it too - I think Billy Johnstone?...Anyway I hated Boyd and Linnane ever since they did what they did till the day they retired!! :evil:

dice

Juniors
GoTheBears said:

They are all Illawarra juniors so just consider them the Steelers. Everyone else does ;-)

Maroubra Eel

Coach
dice said:
GoTheBears said:

They are all Illawarra juniors so just consider them the Steelers. Everyone else does ;-)
Except Roosterphin!

Latest posts